Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really surprised by the direction some of you have taken this thread in regards to DJ. Associating his name with drug abuse because of the way he talks?

The guy sounds like a pothead, I'm sorry if that offends you. I didn't condemn him and specifically said this was just my observations. If you can't see the guy is a little slow I don't know what else to say.

I like DJ alot, and it's his calm demeanor that impresses me out on the course. But as someone else stated he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

The guy sounds like a pothead, I'm sorry if that offends you. I didn't condemn him and specifically said this was just my observations. If you can't see the guy is a little slow I don't know what else to say.

I like DJ alot, and it's his calm demeanor that impresses me out on the course. But as someone else stated he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

I have no idea whether or not DJ uses anything but as someone who lives in the pot capital of the world I can say that he looks and sounds a lot like "that guy".

I have no idea whether or not DJ uses anything but as someone who lives in the pot capital of the world I can say that he looks and sounds a lot like "that guy".

My thoughts exactly. Like I said though this is strictly an observation.

I just find the implications a little disgusting knowing 99.999% of you have never met or spoken to the guy. Pretty slippery slope to be going down. I thought this forum was better than that. Just sayin

So, because he doesn't seem to be the smartest guy out there he must be a drug user? That's a pretty sweeping generalization to make. Also, do you really believe that there are no extremely smart and sharp drug users? Wouldn't his calm demeanor, which you like, be caused by the pot smoking? I just think it's offensive to call someone a drug addict because of their intelligence. Many people have learning disabilities, etc. and they don't deserve to be condemned as drug addicts by stereotyping and making sweeping generalizations.

I just find the implications a little disgusting knowing 99.999% of you have never met or spoken to the guy. Pretty slippery slope to be going down. I thought this forum was better than that. Just sayin

+1 on this....Maybe he's just a laid back country guy who doesn't let a lot bother him...Many athletes have been taken care of their entire lives and have people who take care of everything....That said, not knowing your tee time is just inexcusable...If he doesn't know his tee times, how does he know when to get out of bed and go to the course...He's an incredible talent who just needs a little guidance...Just my opinion...

So, because he doesn't seem to be the smartest guy out there he must be a drug user? That's a pretty sweeping generalization to make. Also, do you really believe that there are no extremely smart and sharp drug users? Wouldn't his calm demeanor, which you like, be caused by the pot smoking? I just think it's offensive to call someone a drug addict because of their intelligence. Many people have learning disabilities, etc. and they don't deserve to be condemned as drug addicts by stereotyping and making sweeping generalizations.

+1 on this one too

I like DJ, but judging by some of the screwups hes had he would be a better fit for M. Wie instead of Ms. Gulbis.

It would be like one of us not knowing what time we go to work tomorrow. Just think the player should be a little more aware of his tee time.

As someone who may or may not have experimented with exotic substances in my day, Johnson does strike as a stoner, he demonstrates a lot of the familar symptons; but then again so does freddie couples and a lot of other golfers.

I thought Cameron Morfit had a good article about this on golf.com, about how these talented young guns have great game and talk about wanting to be great, but you the evidence doesn't support their talk. I understand that guys will designate duties to their caddy and not think about it, but some of these errors make you step back and think "really?". Could you imagine Tiger or Nicklaus or Watson screwing up their tee time by 40 minutes or grounding their club in a bunker because they didn't read the rules sheet? As yogi berra said, half the game is 90% mental; or something to that effect

Last edited:
It would be like one of us not knowing what time we go to work tomorrow. Just think the player should be a little more aware of his tee time.

Apples to oranges. Our work start time does not change every single day.

Ok first off I never said drug user. I said pothead. Talk about sweeping generalizations. Pot meet Kettle. "Drug" could refer to anything from Cocaine, Heroin, to Sudafed.

Where did I use the words "must be" or "addict". Read the entire post, and if you want to disagree fine. But don't put words into my mouth. I simply stated he demonstrates the characteristics of a pothead. I even went out of the way to say numerous times this was strictly my opinion and I had no evidence to back up these claims....other than simple observations.

You're entire post is exactly what you are ribbing me for supposedly doing. It's laughable.

Ok first off I never said drug user. I said pothead. Talk about sweeping generalizations. Pot meet Kettle. "Drug" could refer to anything from Cocaine, Heroin, to Sudafed.

Where did I use the words "must be" or "addict". Read the entire post, and if you want to disagree fine. But don't put words into my mouth. I simply stated he demonstrates the characteristics of a pothead. I even went out of the way to say numerous times this was strictly my opinion and I had no evidence to back up these claims....other than simple observations.

You're entire post is exactly what you are ribbing me for supposedly doing. It's laughable.

Is THC not an illegal drug and tested for by the PGA as a banned drug? That's all I want to say because your rationalization of your post is laughable.

Also, the word "pothead", does that not refer to someone addicted to THC which is an illegal drug? Therefore making them a drug addict.

Also, the word "pothead", does that not refer to someone addicted to THC which is an illegal drug? Therefore making them a drug addict.

Absolutely not. It's been proven THC is not a physically addicting drug. There are no withdrawal symptoms. Pothead just means they enjoy the use of marijuana. There is absolutely no innuendo of addiction.

Is THC not an illegal drug and tested for by the PGA as a banned drug? That's all I want to say because your rationalization of your post is laughable.

I can't even come up with a retort to this it's so ridiculous. Once again show me where i said he "must be" a pothead or hes an "addict."

well if he fires this caddy and hires Cheech Marin we'll know something's up. Then again that might not be a good idea, cheech almost blew tin cup's tee time.

Considering the percentage of the total population that has "experimented" with marijuana, I think it is sort of a stretch to imply that he is a user based on his demeanor or his laid back attitude or what might be nothing more than a slow country drawl for that matter. Hollywood provides us with characterizations of how a pot user acts but that is all they are, characterizations.

He may well use the stuff but I don't think you can even begin to make that call based on what we get to see from afar. One thing worth considering in that regard is that at least to me DJ's demeanor never seems to change at all. So I guess if you are going to make a judgement based on his demeanor you would have to suggest that he is stoned all the time.

I am going to indulge a generalization here myself partly in jest. How the hell does he stay so darned thin if he is stoked up all the time?

Considering the percentage of the total population that has "experimented" with marijuana, I think it is sort of a stretch to imply that he is a user based on his demeanor or his laid back attitude or what might be nothing more than a slow country drawl for that matter. Hollywood provides us with characterizations of how a pot user acts but that is all they are, characterizations.

He may well use the stuff but I don't think you can even begin to make that call based on what we get to see from afar. One thing worth considering in that regard is that at least to me DJ's demeanor never seems to change at all. So I guess if you are going to make a judgement based on his demeanor you would have to suggest that he is stoned all the time.

I am going to indulge a generalization here myself partly in jest. How the hell does he stay so darned thin if he is stoked up all the time?

Blessed with good metabolism!

huh? what? uhhh what were we talking about again?

Do the really high strung players seem like meth-heads then?

huh? what? uhhh what were we talking about again?

Gotta admit, that's funny.

I find it funny people are getting upset because people are saying he seems like a pothead. He does! Doesn't mean he is. Relax a bit.

Gotta admit, that's funny.

I find it funny people are getting upset because people are saying he seems like a pothead. He does! Doesn't mean he is. Relax a bit.

Wait, wait, wait, Smalls! Are you saying things aren't always as they seem? :blob:

From the iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back