Nike MachSpeed Black Driver Review

I just got to hit mine on the range for the first time yesterday and really liked it. My old driver was a HiBore. True test will be when I get to take it to the course, but no complaints so far. Stock stiff shaft and grip, 9.5 neutral.

Exact specs I tested last year. Look forward to your thoughts. I was a little underwhelmed by it

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I tested the Machspeed Black with those specs too, and I quite liked it. So much so that I'm pondering it.

Seemed to get the ball up and going quite quickly, which is a bonus for my usual ball flight.

I have the Machspeed Black square and love it! Nice ball flight & easy to hit, plus I love the all black look! I had my shaft cut down an inch (from grip end) have not noticed any reduced distance.

I had the exact opposite problem with this club. It just launched too low with not enough spin. I hit it a bunch of times because that really seemed off to me. I usually hit a pretty high ball.

Did you try messing around with the settings?

to high of a launch for me.. i need something that keeps it down a little bit

Same here, tried an 11.5 before I got better launch numbers. Had to hit the 9.5 & 10.5 perfect to get them up, but man when I did it sure was pretty to watch.

I had the exact opposite problem with this club. It just launched too low with not enough spin. I hit it a bunch of times because that really seemed off to me. I usually hit a pretty high ball.

Did you try messing around with the settings?

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

It really is lol. I was fortunate enough to hit it outside and see the ballfight. But when I missed... Lets just say wasn't pretty.

Same here, tried an 11.5 before I got better launch numbers. Had to hit the 9.5 & 10.5 perfect to get them up, but man when I did it sure was pretty to watch.

Lol, I know what you mean, a few of my attempts could have killed some burrowing animals. It is a great looking driver, probably the sharpest on the market imo. I like the direction Nike is going here.

It really is lol. I was fortunate enough to hit it outside and see the ballfight. But when I missed... Lets just say wasn't pretty.

You should buddy. Gotta try at least once :)

I have never used a Nike driver, I might put this on my list for the outing

Lol. Its funny how adjusting to a new driver can cause some dangerous situations. What did you think of the sound? I thought it was different than other Nike's I've hit. More of a crack than I was used too.

Lol, I know what you mean, a few of my attempts could have killed some burrowing animals. It is a great looking driver, probably the sharpest on the market imo. I like the direction Nike is going here.

Yeah definitely more distinct or crisp but not supertri high pitched. The ms black is by far the best sounding/feeling Nike I've ever hit, even on misses.

Lol. Its funny how adjusting to a new driver can cause some dangerous situations. What did you think of the sound? I thought it was different than other Nike's I've hit. More of a crack than I was used too.

You should buddy. Gotta try at least once :) .

ok you convinced me, I will!!! ( That was tough huh?)

Were you "adjusting" when we played Squire last year? That poor bird!!! :D

Lol... Aye, yeah that was unfortunate. I have a nasty habit of taking my head off a shot. You can't really do that with the Nike drivers. They are shallow to me haha.

I think you might like the MS Black Rhino. It's pretty lightweight though. That's the only thing I think you may not be really into. However, it's a bomber if you hit it well.

ok you convinced me, I will!!! ( That was tough huh?)

Were you "adjusting" when we played Squire last year? That poor bird!!! :D

Machspeed Black Round

Machspeed Black Round

My Wife purchased one of these two weeks ago. 9.5 with the stiff Fubuki. At the range this weekend I was demoing a Cleveland 290, I was not loving it that much (too long a shaft = inconsistent shots).

So after a few whacks I stole her Nike from her bag. OMG what a cannon. I could not believe the ball flight, and speed the ball came off the head. I am a terribly high ball hitter and always get high spin numbers unless I go low loft. This thing just went off like a line drive. Straight, boring trajectory, and did I say cannon.

All I can say is I want one :D

My Wife purchased one of these two weeks ago. 9.5 with the stiff Fubuki. At the range this weekend I was demoing a Cleveland 290, I was not loving it that much (too long a shaft = inconsistent shots).

So after a few whacks I stole her Nike from her bag. OMG what a cannon. I could not believe the ball flight, and speed the ball came off the head. I am a terribly high ball hitter and always get high spin numbers unless I go low loft. This thing just went off like a line drive. Straight, boring trajectory, and did I say cannon.

All I can say is I want one :D

Not to call you out on this, but I'd like to point out if your wifes machspeed black club is a womens club it is 44.5". The men's black is the same exact 45.75" that the Cleveland 290 is.

However I have the same problem as you with the longer length of some drivers. Strangely enough however the 290 is the only driver I've hit well with a shaft over 45.5"

My wife just happens to be a 2HC with a 95MPH club head speed. All her clubs are Men's stiff! So no calling out required LOL. What was also noticeable, when I measure the 290 against the Black, it looked significantly longer. May be they different measures at Nike.

Just read through the thread. After hitting the SQ Machspeed round head version at a demo day today, I really liked the feel of this driver.
The models I tried today all had Project X 6.0 shafts. I hit a 9.5 degree in stiff flex and was just hitting bullets with it. Really liked the overall feel of this club and shaft. First time I've had a chance to try out a Project X.
After reading thru the thread, I don't see that anyone else had this shaft option. Is it new? Or did the guy at the demo tent just switch out to Project X's from the stock Fubuki's?? I'm a bit confused...
And for those who have tried it out but didn't like the shaft, do you think the Project X shaft in it would possibly make you change your mind?

Back