TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

UH OH, they said Tiger just dropped the F-Bomb on TV, welcome back Tiger!!!

Im very aware of that. I just thought AK was all nike clubs.

He never has to my knowledge. And I apologize from your statement I thought you didnt know.

He never has to my knowledge. And I apologize from your statement I thought you didnt know.

Oh I didnt mean it as I was being a dick, just saying ya im aware of that you dont have to play all the same clubs, my bad if it came across as that.

Oh I didnt mean it as I was being a dick, just saying ya im aware of that you dont have to play all the same clubs, my bad if it came across as that.

Its all good, Im from Texas, by Galveston, where is Paradise?

hour north of ft. worth

We better get this back on topic. I really want to hit this club. I love being able to adjust the club head.

Hit its predecessor(sp?), yes the ability to change options in the blink of an eye and then hit the club is truly phenomenal. The lofts on their hybrids are strong as compared to some other OEMs.

From what I can tell the Rescue 11 will hit the streets before the Mashie. Does that entice anyone else to go with the R11? Because of availability?

From what I can tell the Rescue 11 will hit the streets before the Mashie. Does that entice anyone else to go with the R11? Because of availability?

Whats the release date of the R11 Rescue?

Negative ghost rider. Ive ordered my two mashies already.

I think people would be fools to buy a club based on early availability instead of doing a proper comparison.

Whats the release date of the R11 Rescue?

I'm not sure but I think I may have misunderstood the release dates for both, so nevermind. Haha.

I keep coming back to this bad boy, I really hope it hits as well as it looks. I CAN NOT wait to hit this!

I keep coming back to this bad boy, I really hope it hits as well as it looks. I CAN NOT wait to hit this!

Well, you were one of the few that wasn't super fond of the mashie so perhaps this one is a good fit.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Well, you were one of the few that wasn't super fond of the mashie so perhaps this one is a good fit.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

I know man, thi sis kind of what I was thinking. But I have changed m swing to a furyk-esq swing now

I know man, thi sis kind of what I was thinking. But I have changed m swing to a furyk-esq swing now

One-T, Have you made a hybrid decision yet? Any experience with Mashie vs Rescue 11? Just posted a similar question in the Mashie thread.

I've had the rescue 11 18* for about a week now.
first thoughts are I like the look of it but white on the head almost looks like its a plastic sticker rather than paint you can almost feel the edge. Only time will tell how durable it is.
Lofts are very strong in fact the thing is almost as long as my 3 wood.
Seems very easy to work the ball either way.
I like the sound at impact great strikes seem to explode of the face and poor strikes are still very long. I haven't played with the loft yet but I definitely need to increase this as its way too long at the moment.

One-T, Have you made a hybrid decision yet? Any experience with Mashie vs Rescue 11? Just posted a similar question in the Mashie thread.

sorry I am just getting to you on this...I have not made a decision yet and I will not til after the outing in May. I have some experience with the mashie, but it was back in September and at the time I was not a huge fan, but I will say that I was going tohrough a swing funk. I have not hit the 11 rescue yet, I tried last weekend but the place I went did not have it available.

hit the r11 rescue at the TM fitting center in carlsbad last week. Looks good, very solid and great feel - ordered the #4 with 21 degree loft with the rip 85, and D2 swing weight. the ability to adjust lie, loft and face angle is an important feature for me, not sure i would buy a wood without the capability. definitely worth trying for those looking for a rescue.

This beautiful club showed up today for an extended stay at Casa de Hanks. It's the 4h (21*) and I think I have it dialed in at a lower setting because I want to see if I can get a more piercing ball flight so we'll see how that goes. Definitely has some weight to it and RIP shaft is a really nice plus. Stay tuned for more thoughts on this as I start to test it out...

This beautiful club showed up today for an extended stay at Casa de Hanks. It's the 4h (21*) and I think I have it dialed in at a lower setting because I want to see if I can get a more piercing ball flight so we'll see how that goes. Definitely has some weight to it and RIP shaft is a really nice plus. Stay tuned for more thoughts on this as I start to test it out...

Your so lucky!!! Have a mashie now your testing out this, man I wish you lived near me so I could hit all the clubs you get to test! Hope it treats you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should be good!

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Hanks is excited about this one. I can't wait to hear his thoughts on it

I really like the contrast of the black face and white crown...can't wait to hit these in May!

Spent a good amount of time with the R11 Rescue yesterday. Mixed results that definitely want me coming back for more. Today actually.

The look is really nice, just the amount of white and when paired with the black face alignment is a snap. It sets up easy and the profile is pretty nice. Looks like a hybrid that needs a tan. The Aldila RIP shaft is plain bad-arse looking and really completes the look of this club nicely.

The club is a performer but with certain needs. For a hybrid, I didn't find it to be too forgiving right off the bat. Not harsh feeling but it's close. Off-center hits suffered severe distance loss and loss and ball flight and direction was inconsistent. When you do catch it on the screws the sound is a nice crack but the ball flight seemed to balloon a bit more than I expected and that was with the club adjusted down 2* from it's stock 21* setting. I'm going to set it back to it's stock settings to see if I get similar results so more to come on that. I really want to see how the R11 glides through the rough as it doesn't really have any rail system or something similar but won't be able to do that until I get out on a course.

Overall I think the club has a lot of potential. If the ball flight continues to be 'fly high and drop from the sky' then this club could be a perfect weapon for long par 3's or for when you're going for the green in two on a short par 4. Stay tuned for more updates...

Interesting Hanks! I would've loved to hear more forgiving instead of not very forgiving in your initial assesment. Because I do love the RIP shaft in other clubs and it does look downright bad@ss. Interesting to see how it performs as a hybrid shaft. I've only hit the driver RIP before.

Back