TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Thanks for the update, Hanks. I'll be giving this one some swings in May to see how it compares to the other hybrids I've used.

it may be more user error but so far it feels like the only way to get a good shot out of this club is to hit it perfectly. I hit a ton of balls this weekend with more to come so I'll need a full day or at least half of one to dedicate to this stick before I can really give an assessment. Fortunately I'm reviewing this so I have some time to get to know this club
Interesting Hanks! I would've loved to hear more forgiving instead of not very forgiving in your initial assesment. Because I do love the RIP shaft in other clubs and it does look downright bad@ss. Interesting to see how it performs as a hybrid shaft. I've only hit the driver RIP before.

I hear ya. I just wonder if that might turn some people away that it's not the easiest to hit when they pick it up for the first time? It seems to be something common with the R11 series so far imo. I know a lighter shaft may take a swing or two to get used too, but forgiveness is an entirely different beast. I just love the looks of the hybrid though. I can't wait to see one of them up close.

it may be more user error but so far it feels like the only way to get a good shot out of this club is to hit it perfectly. I hit a ton of balls this weekend with more to come so I'll need a full day or at least half of one to dedicate to this stick before I can really give an assessment. Fortunately I'm reviewing this so I have some time to get to know this club

Couple questions.....has anyone compared the R11 hybrid to the new 910H? Also, if I am on the fence about loft selection wouldnt it make more sense to go with a higher lofted club and adjust down since it would be slightly easier to hit?

exactly what I'm doing right now....so far results are mixed
Couple questions.....has anyone compared the R11 hybrid to the new 910H? Also, if I am on the fence about loft selection wouldnt it make more sense to go with a higher lofted club and adjust down since it would be slightly easier to hit?

My recent experience with the R11 driver has me stoked for this, thanks for the update!

I hit the R11 Rescue again today and the results were much better. I tinkered with the FCT settings and finally found a setting that fit my sweeping hybrid swing. Ball striking was much better and the results were better as well. More consistent contact in the center of the club face produced a much better trajectory but the ball flight still ended up a tad on the high side. The feeling of a clean strike is solid and hot however if you hit it on the toe or towards the heel the feeling is super harsh and yields some major distance loss. Where this hybrid really shined was in the chipping department. Yes, chipping.

One of my favorite shots is chipping with a hybrid when you're just off the green and have a lot of room to play with to get to the pin or when you're in the fairway just off the green and have a lot of green to play with as well. Using a hybrid in this situation always gives me enough 'umph' and controlled rollout to get me close enough to the pin and the R11 really shined in this area. Definitely worth more testing in this area which could yield yet another option to use a hybrid for.

Oh for those wondering how the R11 Rescue stacks up to say the Mashie....2 totally different clubs in terms of feel, shot dispersion, distance, etc. But the adjustability of the R11 is really cool and something that should be considered when looking at this club. But both feel great in the chipping dept.

Nice hanks! What setting ended up working best for you?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

No. The Miyazaki offering are not made-fors.

Huge difference. You buy a miyazaki off the shelf, its the SAME as the mashie.

This shaft in this club is so unbelievably different than the original RIP, and I havent even hit it yet. It looks the same though, so that might sell it for some people

I cannot believe, in good conscience, that the Mashie Miyazaki is as high quality as their off-the-shelf equivalent. The only way I see Miyazaki's rationale behind this being true is that they write off revenue loses as 'marketing', or include the loses in their marketing budget.

Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on a Mashie!

I cannot believe, in good conscience, that the Mashie Miyazaki is as high quality as their off-the-shelf equivalent. The only way I see Miyazaki's rationale behind this being true is that they write off revenue loses as 'marketing', or include the loses in their marketing budget.

Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on a Mashie!

You do realize that the parent company behind Miyazaki and Cleveland are one and the same right?

That is the reason this can be done and the reason that I have yet to find a single hybrid even come close to the performance for me.

sorry man, guess I should've put that in my write up....I've got it at standard loft/low lie
Nice hanks! What setting ended up working best for you?

I neglected to include my thoughts on this club after hitting it for a bit yesterday. The weighting of this club is really unique. Not too heavy and not too light. You always know where the club head is in your swing and the weighting really gives the ball a pop at impact. When a strike is caught flush the feeling is a solid and powerful one but miss it on the toe and heel and it's a little on the harsh side.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Im really excited to try this hybrid, i love my 09 Rescue TP and its hard to imagine this is better, the stock RIP is a nice touch since i love that shaft. We will see if it knocks out the 09.

Hit this outdoors today with some pleasing results. While the trajectory isn't very penetrating, the ball flight is high and the ball lands soft with not a lot of roll out. The sound and feel are nice and solid and while distance loss is noticeable on off center hits, the flight is still straight. As soon as I'm able to hit this on some grass I'll be able to see what turf interaction is like. The distance I was getting out of this club today was in the 185 range.

Hit this outdoors today with some pleasing results. While the trajectory isn't very penetrating, the ball flight is high and the ball lands soft with not a lot of roll out. The sound and feel are nice and solid and while distance loss is noticeable on off center hits, the flight is still straight. As soon as I'm able to hit this on some grass I'll be able to see what turf interaction is like. The distance I was getting out of this club today was in the 185 range.

hmmm, I expected way more than 185 for a 21* especially since you were hitting the M3 (20.5) 215+ on the sim yesterday

hmmm, I expected way more than 185 for a 21* especially since you were hitting the M3 (20.5) 215+ on the sim yesterday

Same here. 30+ yards increase with .5* extra loft tells me all I need to know.

I took a few swings with this yesterday and to be blunt Id hit a broken Mashie before this. While the white color looks great the ball flight seemed to be too high. But to be fair we were hitting into nets. But I also hit the M3 Mashie before and after this one. Feel and sound dont compare to the Mashie for me. While the ability to adjust it is nice its not enough IMO.

sorry guys I know it sounds odd but that's what I was seeing. The R11 shots were constantly dropping between the 175 and 200 yd markers after launching WAY up into the air. I even hit the Mashie M3 and M4 again outside and the results were the same....M4 was around the 200yd flag and the M3 was just short of the net which is around 220.

Same here. 30+ yards increase with .5* extra loft tells me all I need to know.

sorry guys I know it sounds odd but that's what I was seeing. The R11 shots were constantly dropping between the 175 and 200 yd markers after launching WAY up into the air. I even hit the Mashie M3 and M4 again outside and the results were the same....M4 was around the 200yd flag and the M3 was just short of the net which is around 220.

Last years Rescue hybrids were the shortest hybrid I hit, so this may not be that off.

I hear what youre saying. It may not just be a good set up for your swing. Is the RIP hybrid Shaft real high launching? My experience with hybrid shafts isnt great so Im not sure whats out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last years Rescue hybrids were the shortest hybrid I hit, so this may not be that off.

The 09 Rescue TP with voodoo is one of the longest hybrids i have ever hit. Just shows how different people are when it comes to clubs

The 09 Rescue TP with voodoo is one of the longest hybrids i have ever hit. Just shows how different people are when it comes to clubs

I agree completley, I hit my rescue an avg. of 230 and I dont consider that to short...It seems like this thread has transitioned more into mashie users trying to defend their clubs and less about actually reviewing the performance of the Rescue 11.

I agree completley, I hit my rescue an avg. of 230 and I dont consider that to short...It seems like this thread has transitioned more into mashie users trying to defend their clubs and less about actually reviewing the performance of the Rescue 11.
Questioning how THP reviews equipment is a pretty bold post for a new member.

And saying everything that I have read in this thread was an unbiased review of the performance of the Rescue 11 would be false and thats not how I roll. But we cant all be people pleasers.

PS: And from what I can tell there is a very small majority of the posters in this thread that have actually picked up this club and hit it from what I can tell...Cause personally I had no problem with the actuall reviews that were posted.

I don't think Hole Out was questioning the ways THP reviews equipment, he was only pointing out that some of the posts here are comparing the R11 to the Mashie which is going to happen since many THP'ers have the Mashie. The R11 is another white entry from Taylormade that has adjustability to it so those who have not decided on a hybrid yet will want to know how this stacks up against arguably the most popular club on THP

Back