Cleveland FL Ultralite Fairway Woods

I'm pretty bummed I went to Golfsmith on Saturday just for kicks and the Cleveland rep was getting ready to pack the truck. They just finished a demo day. He wasn't into talking gear either haha. I guess when you want to get out, you want to get out. But they had all the Mashies and Ultralight Woods it looked like. Hopefully ill catch them again soon!

I'm pretty bummed I went to Golfsmith on Saturday just for kicks and the Cleveland rep was getting ready to pack the truck. They just finished a demo day. He wasn't into talking gear either haha. I guess when you want to get out, you want to get out. But they had all the Mashies and Ultralight Woods it looked like. Hopefully ill catch them again soon!

I'm pumped about the release this weekend. I really want to trade in some stuff and pick up a new 17 degree 3 wood. I keep telling myself I need to wait for the outing.

I'm pumped about the release this weekend. I really want to trade in some stuff and pick up a new 17 degree 3 wood. I keep telling myself I need to wait for the outing.

You know its coming if JB sees you even pondering a club buy before the outing lol. And I quote:

I love hearing this from people that will be hitting just about everything out there in just a few months on an actual range and course to determine what works best for their game.

You know its coming if JB sees you even pondering a club buy before the outing lol. And I quote:

I only received permission to purchase a mashie from JB. I won't even dare try to purchase something else. (Except I did buy some spinner shafts today)

I only received permission to purchase a mashie from JB. I won't even dare try to purchase something else. (Except I did buy some spinner shafts today)

Although the Cleveland stuff was at the last outing so I could probably justify these too.

Although the Cleveland stuff was at the last outing so I could probably justify these too.

On a side note, great job so far OEM on holding out. There's only 3 more months left so it shouldn't be too bad right? ...right? :D

On a side note, great job so far OEM on holding out. There's only 3 more months left so it shouldn't be too bad right? ...right? :D

lol thats right. Putters are helping me get buy till the outing.

Used this last week and it also (Octane did as well) put a beating on the R11 for my swing. More distance and better shot dispersion.

The best thing about it was the sound for me though. It is in the final 3 for my bag this year.

Callaway Octane
Cleveland Ultralite
Srixon Z-Star

Used this last week and it also (Octane did as well) put a beating on the R11 for my swing. More distance and better shot dispersion.

The best thing about it was the sound for me though. It is in the final 3 for my bag this year.

Callaway Octane
Cleveland Ultralite
Srixon Z-Star

Which loft are you looking at going with?

These Cleveland FW's make an incredible sound at impact. I love it. Its just a very nice "crack"

Callaway Octane
Cleveland Ultralite
Srixon Z-Star

I can say that the top 2 are in play for me this year. I haven't hit the Zstar, I'll get that chance at the outing. For me the top 3 at the moment are the Octane, Ultralite, and Tour Edge XCG-3(or 4). Looking at all in a 17(16.5 for TEE) loft.

JB have you hit the zstar fairway yet or are you just basing it off of the success you've had with the driver?

JB have you hit the zstar fairway yet or are you just basing it off of the success you've had with the driver?

So far it is based on the success with the driver. But that changes this week supposedly.

So far it is based on the success with the driver. But that changes this week supposedly.

Nice, I can't wait to see some pics of them. I'm really looking forward to trying them out, esp with the dromos shaft.

Nice, I can't wait to see some pics of them. I'm really looking forward to trying them out, esp with the dromos shaft.

The dromos shaft absolutely rocks in the Z Star!

I cannot wait until my 17* gets in, I love my Nickent to death but the Cleveland is just so nice.

But will the 3W still have a dromos in it?

Yes it does! I had the chance to hit it at the Denver Golf Expo and it is now on the top of my top five fairway woods.

Yes it does! I had the chance to hit it at the Denver Golf Expo and it is now on the top of my top five fairway woods.

Nice. And I guess you liked it huh

I saw these the other day at my local Dick's. I am going to have to head over there this week and hit a couple.

Nice. And I guess you liked it huh

Naaa i didn't like it...I LOVED it! haha I wrote up my thoughts on it in the Srixon Z Star FW thread.

Sorry if this was asked before- but are the shafts longer on these than on previous models? I loved and still love the XLS series (so much the paint is started to wear off the soles) and thought the Launcher 09's were great. But if I am not wrong the DST series had longer stock shafts (like the DST drivers) which worried me. Are these the same?

I am not sure what the previous models lengths were but the FL 3W shows 43 1/2, the 5W is 43 and the 7W is 42 3/4.

Glad i could help you out.

Back