Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

So I went to Dick's to hit the Mashies. They had the M3 and the M4 so I hit them in the net and they felt really nice. So I asked the sales guy if there's a limit of 1 club trade-in per new club bought like GG had yesterday of 3 for 1. He said there was no limit. So I came home and dug through my basement and traded in 10 clubs of various types. They basically use the PGA trade-in value so I ended up walking out the door with my new M3 and M4 for an out-of-pocket cost of $21.38.

good pick up. that's called working the system!
So I went to Dick's to hit the Mashies. They had the M3 and the M4 so I hit them in the net and they felt really nice. So I asked the sales guy if there's a limit of 1 club trade-in per new club bought like GG had yesterday of 3 for 1. He said there was no limit. So I came home and dug through my basement and traded in 10 clubs of various types. They basically use the PGA trade-in value so I ended up walking out the door with my new M3 and M4 for an out-of-pocket cost of $21.38.

I am going to have to try that here. So far, no mashie at our local Dicks.

I think they came in yesterday.

I got to hit the 20.5* mashie today, all I can say is wow, it will have a place in my bag by friday....

I went to the range today and unexpectedly the Cleveland tour truck was there so I took the opportunity to try out the M1 and I did not hit it as well as I would of liked to. I found myself pushing the ball quite a bit. I did hit the M2 and also the M5 and those two worked very well, just like my M3 with a piercing ball flight that is straight and nice to stare at. I am currently unsure wish mashie would do me more good, the M1 or M5 so I think I will wait a bit more and see what my rounds on the course tell me.

The weather was pretty nice so I went out this afternoon for a quick 18 before it got dark. And you know what that meant, time to get yo Mashie on! Let me just say I loved the Mashie the first time I hit it and I still love it after today. Theres no better way to describe it other then its like cheating. Was every shot perfect? No. Did I hit every fairway with it? NO. Did I hit two of them into the water? Yes lol. But the Mashie feels just amazing and is so easy to hit. First hole I hit the M3 off the toe, it went straight, high and landed soft in the fairway about 190. I hit Mashie basically every chance I got. The two in the water were stupid shots I probably wouldnt have normally tried but I wanted to test the Mashie. They were the two best feeling best hit balls Ive ever hit into the water. And both were ripped just not quite enough or with a little too much draw. I cant really tell distance with the M2 as I know a few people might be curious but I didnt have the OnPar ready for action. But I can say this, its every bit as easy to hit as the other Mashies. On 17, a par 5 about 500 yards, I hit a weak drive but in the FW. So I grabbed the M2 figuring I had plenty of distance to work with and a dogleg left which was exactly what my Mashie shots were doing. Aimed straight down the middle maybe a little right and ripped it. It turned the corner and stopped about 25 yards short of the green. Not sure how far it went but it was good. The Mashie is for real.

Last edited:
Nice Rhino! I hope to see a Cleveland demo van soon! Youll get it dailed in sooner or later.

OEM, glad you had a great first day with the Mashie. It's such a sweet feeling club.

The weather was pretty nice so I went out this afternoon for a quick 18 before it got dark. And you know what that meant, time to get yo Mashie on! Let me just say I loved the Mashie the first time I hit it and I still love it after today. Theres no better way to describe it other then its like cheating. Was every shot perfect? No. Did I hit every fairway with it? NO. Did I hit two of them into the water? Yes lol. But the Mashie feels just amazing and is so easy to hit. First hole I hit the M3 off the toe, it went straight, high and landed soft in the fairway about 190. I hit Mashie basically every change I got. The two in the water were stupid shots I probably wouldnt have normally tried but I wanted to test the Mashie. They were the two best feeling best hit balls Ive ever hit into the water. And both were ripped just not quite enough or with a little too much draw. I cant really tell distance with the M2 as I know a few people might be curious but I didnt have the OnPar ready for action. But I can say this, its every bit as easy to hit as the other Mashies. On 17, a par 5 about 500 yards, I hit a weak drive but in the FW. So I grabbed the M2 figuring I had plenty of distance to work with and a dogleg left which was exactly what my Mashie shots were doing. Aimed straight down the middle maybe a little right and ripped it. It turned the corner and stopped about 25 yards short of the green. Not sure how far it went but it was good. The Mashie is for real.

good stuff OEM. Glad you got out there with the new mashies. I love that you said the 2 in the water were the best feeling water shots ever haha

Good stuff, Kev. I found myself doing the same thing at first. Taking a Mashie as often as I could.

Great thoughts man. something tells me that the Mashie is going to reduce a lot of scores and shorten a lot of courses for some lucky THP'ers
The weather was pretty nice so I went out this afternoon for a quick 18 before it got dark. And you know what that meant, time to get yo Mashie on! Let me just say I loved the Mashie the first time I hit it and I still love it after today. Theres no better way to describe it other then its like cheating. Was every shot perfect? No. Did I hit every fairway with it? NO. Did I hit two of them into the water? Yes lol. But the Mashie feels just amazing and is so easy to hit. First hole I hit the M3 off the toe, it went straight, high and landed soft in the fairway about 190. I hit Mashie basically every change I got. The two in the water were stupid shots I probably wouldnt have normally tried but I wanted to test the Mashie. They were the two best feeling best hit balls Ive ever hit into the water. And both were ripped just not quite enough or with a little too much draw. I cant really tell distance with the M2 as I know a few people might be curious but I didnt have the OnPar ready for action. But I can say this, its every bit as easy to hit as the other Mashies. On 17, a par 5 about 500 yards, I hit a weak drive but in the FW. So I grabbed the M2 figuring I had plenty of distance to work with and a dogleg left which was exactly what my Mashie shots were doing. Aimed straight down the middle maybe a little right and ripped it. It turned the corner and stopped about 25 yards short of the green. Not sure how far it went but it was good. The Mashie is for real.

The Mashie is the first club Ive had where I want to hit it every chance I get. I think the M2 is close to the 3W in distance when caught pure and I had a few times where I thought about hitting 3W and ended up with the M2 in my hand. Such solid clubs.

T minus 4 days for me. Then it's Mashie Time!!

I went to the range today and had some Mashie time. I've been developing a hook with a lot of clubs lately and was missing a straight ball flight lol. Well I found it today. I love the flight of a well struck Mashie shot. It really cuts through the air and has a cool rise to it. I hit a couple off the toe but didn't lose a lot of distance. I also noticed more of a push than usual but it's bound to happen as I straighten my ball flight out. I also hit a couple fades lol. I much prefer the straight flight still. Can't wait to get the M1 in my hands!

The Fedex guy came by and dropped off 2 lovely mashies. I ordered the 1M and 3M in the 59X shafts. From swinging these in the house a little, I can tell you that the 59X shafts are STOUT. I think I'll be able to go after these as hard as I possibly want, but we'll see how it goes on the range later today.

The 1M shaft is a full inch longer than the 3M.

The Fedex guy came by and dropped off 2 lovely mashies. I ordered the 1M and 3M in the 59X shafts. From swinging these in the house a little, I can tell you that the 59X shafts are STOUT. I think I'll be able to go after these as hard as I possibly want, but we'll see how it goes on the range later today.

This is the best thing Ive read today but has nothing to do with Mashie lol. But I am very curious how the M1 works out for you.

awesome stuff, can't wait to hear and see how you hit them. Your bag has been completely made over since the outing(minus the driver and I think putter)

Great thoughts OEM, I played a round yesterday and did the same thing as you. I had so much confidence in the Mashie I was going after forced carries and par 5's in two where I would normally lay up. Did it always work? No, but I did almost always hit the ball where I wanted to.

awesome stuff, can't wait to hear and see how you hit them. Your bag has been completely made over since the outing(minus the driver and I think putter)

You're right! The driver and putter are the only surviving clubs... and there's only about a 5% chance the driver survives much past the outing.

The weather was pretty nice so I went out this afternoon for a quick 18 before it got dark. And you know what that meant, time to get yo Mashie on! Let me just say I loved the Mashie the first time I hit it and I still love it after today. Theres no better way to describe it other then its like cheating. Was every shot perfect? No. Did I hit every fairway with it? NO. Did I hit two of them into the water? Yes lol. But the Mashie feels just amazing and is so easy to hit. First hole I hit the M3 off the toe, it went straight, high and landed soft in the fairway about 190. I hit Mashie basically every chance I got. The two in the water were stupid shots I probably wouldnt have normally tried but I wanted to test the Mashie. They were the two best feeling best hit balls Ive ever hit into the water. And both were ripped just not quite enough or with a little too much draw. I cant really tell distance with the M2 as I know a few people might be curious but I didnt have the OnPar ready for action. But I can say this, its every bit as easy to hit as the other Mashies. On 17, a par 5 about 500 yards, I hit a weak drive but in the FW. So I grabbed the M2 figuring I had plenty of distance to work with and a dogleg left which was exactly what my Mashie shots were doing. Aimed straight down the middle maybe a little right and ripped it. It turned the corner and stopped about 25 yards short of the green. Not sure how far it went but it was good. The Mashie is for real.

Great write up OEM! I can't wait till next month when I get to go hit this on the moniter and see which one is going to wind up in my bag.

yeah, super curious how the M1 is to hit. Debating whether to get the M2 and a new 3wood or just go with the M1. The distance everyone seems to be getting is crazy. Wondering how easy the M1 is to hit versus the higher lofted mashies.

Great reviews and comments everyone!

I now have a M3 on order and hopefully will receive in time for weekend golfing!

Thanks for all the info

My M1 came in today and immediately got some range time. Only hit 15-20 balls, but so far I would say that this could be a good FW wood replacement for me. I found the distance to really be comparable and with the same performance I was seeing out of the others.

Back