Weirdest thing in your bag?

My bag was getting heavy late last year so I decided to clean it out. I have a large pocket on the front and I always throw any quarters I have into that pocket at home so I have change on the course (pop machine on course).
When I cleaned out the bag, I had $85 in quarters. While this may not be a weird item to have, the numbers surprised me a bit.
:bulgy-eyes:

Given to me at one of the clubs I used to work at by a young Guatemalan dude that became a close friend.

314_119566521cbd87deL.jpg

Are you sure your Guatemalan friend isn't Filipino? That's a Filipino Peso coin (worth roughly .05 cents here).

My bag was getting heavy late last year so I decided to clean it out. I have a large pocket on the front and I always throw any quarters I have into that pocket at home so I have change on the course (pop machine on course).
When I cleaned out the bag, I had $85 in quarters. While this may not be a weird item to have, the numbers surprised me a bit.

Wow and you wondered what was weighing you down. :D

Nothing crazy in my bag since I just switched but when I switched, in my old bag I found some old receipts, a gatorade bottle and, like some of the guys here with tee phobia, I have glove phobia. It's actually warranted considering I go through gloves super quick especially in the summer time.

Milkbones. There is a Skye Terrier that lives right by the 18th Teebox at my home course. He barks like a lunatic whenever anyone tees up. Drives you mad, so I started bringing milkbones and throwing him one to keep him busy till after my shot. My buddies have to try teeing off with him barking :golf:

A copy of the Rules of Golf ... Oh my gosh how weird is that....oh and Chuckie Cheese tokens. Years ago I thought they were range tokens. Now they're back up ball markers.

Are you sure your Guatemalan friend isn't Filipino? That's a Filipino Peso coin (worth roughly .05 cents here).

He's from Guatamala and that's the coin he gave me. I know it's Filipino, that's why it's the "wierdest thing in my bag".

Ever since I was in high school I've had a Charlie Chaplin keychain hooked on my bag. It broke last season, but I still keep mr chaplin in the bag.

Tape Measure: to settle bets for closest to the pins and whatever else needs to be answered precisely.
Sand Paper: to rough up my grips if they are getting worn and I haven't washed them recently.
A Pocket Knife: because you never know when you'll need one
String: for who knows what but I use it a few times a year for something
Irrigation keys: to turn on sprinklers whenever I feel a playing partner needs to cool off (added bonus of working at a course a long time ago but will never forget how to operate the system)
Extra golf cart keys (EZ-Go & Club Car pretty much all use a universal key - good at any course, if needed)
Lucky Boat Anchor - Just kidding...

Stars Wars Yoda action figure. I pull it out and he calms me down after bad putts.

SERIOUSLY???

Yep! I have no idea what they weighed, but the bag was getting heavy. You don't know how surprised I was when I discovered how many was in there.

I keep a roll of toilet paper (in a ziploc bag) in my golf bag. Hey.....you never know. But for now I've only used it to blow my nose during winter golf.

That's a good idea, I lost one of my favorite towels because of an indecent I won't get into here...

I don't have anything weird right now, but this thread makes me want to find something strange to put in there.

Rep added for Aggro btw. Great thread man.

Yep! I have no idea what they weighed, but the bag was getting heavy. You don't know how surprised I was when I discovered how many was in there.

4.25 lbs. of quarters, no wonder you're bag was getting heavy

Secret, strong enough for a man but made for a woman. ; )

LOL!

My GF gave me a lucky keychain a year or so ago when i had a big match with my boss. It says princess on it - supposed to remind me of her, but i just look at it and laugh.

I keep a small pouch that has: Aspirin, Tylenol, Bandaids, chapstick, tissue paper, bug spray, Cigar Cutter, Lighter,. In two years i've never needed anything from this pouch, but I've gone to it atleast once a round. Someone in my group always needs something from it.

Edit: My friend back in high school did jokingly keep one of those toy Magic 8 balls in his bag. Everyonce in a while I'ld say "Tony, 210 to clear the lake. What does the 8 ball say."
"It says... ask me later"

I keep a small pouch that has: Aspirin, Tylenol, Bandaids, chapstick, tissue paper, bug spray, Cigar Cutter, Lighter,. In two years i've never needed anything from this pouch, but I've gone to it atleast once a round. Someone in my group always needs something from it.

Thats a good little pouch you got there. I suppose the weirdest thing in my bag are toonies, a lot of toonies. I use them as ball markers a lot, paying for drinks and snacks when the drink cart comes by, and to pay if I lose the bet that day. When ever I get some as change they go right in the golf bag, I don't carry ever though so the bag can be as heavy as it wants.

if you saw how I golfed, then most people would think my clubs were the silliest thing in my bag....

Thats a good little pouch you got there. I suppose the weirdest thing in my bag are toonies, a lot of toonies. I use them as ball markers a lot, paying for drinks and snacks when the drink cart comes by, and to pay if I lose the bet that day. When ever I get some as change they go right in the golf bag, I don't carry ever though so the bag can be as heavy as it wants.

Sorry you canadiens get me confused some times. Is a toonie a form of money? Like the loony? Why would you guys name your money the loony?
You know what I call my money here in america? Worthless. haha

I keep a tin of porch meat and a swiss army knife in my bag. I get hungry out there.

View attachment 2047
Sorry you canadiens get me confused some times. Is a toonie a form of money? Like the loony? Why would you guys name your money the loony?
You know what I call my money here in america? Worthless. haha

The loonie got called that because there is a loon on the coin and it sounded better than "1 dollar coin", the toonie is a two dollar coin and it got that name because well, it rhymes with loonie.

I keep a tin of porch meat and a swiss army knife in my bag. I get hungry out there.

I am almost afraid to ask this but what is porch meat?

LOL ive never heard of a coin called a toonie. I want one lol

Porch Meat?!? Is that similar to spam?

Back