TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 & TP Driver Review Thread

So have you tried the SF 2.0 TP version? Pretty sure its got an open face.

No just the regular 2.0, I didn't see any TP's available. Yea, the face is open and has the HD6. Going to try and hit it this week when I get back to VA.

No just the regular 2.0, I didn't see any TP's available. Yea, the face is open and has the HD6. Going to try and hit it this week when I get back to VA.

I think this years isnt as open as last years model which was 3* I believe but still open.

ok so i gamed this yesterday i had 30 balls on the range with it beforehand. i love this club im hitting a good 20 yards fyrther than my old burner. The one thing that realy strikes me is the sound it makes pure heaven ptingggggg. couldnt believe how light it is took me a little while to get to grips with the extra length on the shaft but i hit over 60% firs with it one of which on a dog leg to the left where last time i played i landed my ball in the middle of the fairway on the dogleg. i flew the dogleg and put the ball up against the driving range fence it would of gone further if it hadnt of hit the fence! :bulgy-eyes:
a few pics after about 60 ball strikes
SAM_0880.jpg

SAM_0879.jpg

SAM_0878.jpg

SAM_0881.jpg

Nice pick up boss. I quite liked last years SF and look forward to trying this one too.

i tried last years at the same time as fitting for this one i found it a fair bit heavier and the distance was the same as what i was hitting with the burner but this thing was like love at first sight

Congrats boss, sounds like your blasting that thing. Those are just sweet looking IMHO.

Thanks for the update boss! I spent some time hitting this driver each time I've taken the Tour Preferred MBs out for a test run and I'm really liking the results I'm seeing. Try as I might, I am still not bothered in the least by the added length of this driver. It's good....real good.

Thanks for the update boss! I spent some time hitting this driver each time I've taken the Tour Preferred MBs out for a test run and I'm really liking the results I'm seeing. Try as I might, I am still not bothered in the least by the added length of this driver. It's good....real good.

Good to see the extra inch isnt bothering you. How tall are you?

I hit a couple of balls on the range with the SF 2.0. I currently play a 2.0 so I like the earlier version.

I am just not feeling this club. I thought TM went a little too far with the graphics on top of the driver head and the red on the shaft was just distracting. I did not like the weighting and the grip needs to be replaced (just like the R11).

Up against the R11 and the adjusability options, I would choose the R11.

I was disappointed in the Superfast 2.0.

Good to see the extra inch isnt bothering you. How tall are you?
6'1" and it really is only an extra .5 inches as it's 46.5 and my other driver is right at 46.

I hit a couple of balls on the range with the SF 2.0. I currently play a 2.0 so I like the earlier version.

I am just not feeling this club. I thought TM went a little too far with the graphics on top of the driver head and the red on the shaft was just distracting. I did not like the weighting and the grip needs to be replaced (just like the R11).

Up against the R11 and the adjusability options, I would choose the R11.

I was disappointed in the Superfast 2.0.
There you have it, the driver isn't for everyone but I tend to like it. I did hit about 3 shots with an R11 and could tell immediately it was a solid driver but since I was reviewing the 2.0 I wanted to keep my focus on that instead.

I'm kind of wondering if I should look at the TP now. I am so rusty right now and whenever I set up the club I leave it open a little bit now and at the simulator the other day my miss was a big push. I was playing a fade but during the actual season when I get my swing back I am pretty sure I am going to start hitting draws again. I guess I just answered my own question but I hope I don't purchase a TP and then start hitting big bananas. I think either way though I can use the TP and work it back into dead straight or a little draw.

6'1" and it really is only an extra .5 inches as it's 46.5 and my other driver is right at 46.

There you have it, the driver isn't for everyone but I tend to like it. I did hit about 3 shots with an R11 and could tell immediately it was a solid driver but since I was reviewing the 2.0 I wanted to keep my focus on that instead.

Well I meant extra inch from the 45.5" that all of the other TaylorMade drivers are. The extra length was really the only thing I was worried about, but your just an inch taller than me so glad its no issue.

just had some more range time with this. WOW is all i can say 250+ every shot i love this driver i cleared the 275 marker at least twice.

just had some more range time with this. WOW is all i can say 250+ every shot i love this driver i cleared the 275 marker at least twice.
'Nuff said.

Think that line would fly for my review of the Burner SF 2.0? I'm dying to get out and hit it again, Thursday can't come fast enough!

I just wanted to chime in quick to let everyone know that I'm getting close to being able to write my review on this driver. I've been hitting it a lot and really getting comfortable with it, the thing flat out bombs it. Every time I'm either out of balls on the range or on my last hole of a round I get sad because I want to just keep hitting this thing! Stay tuned!

awesome man, cna't wiat to read about the stick that knocked the J38 bomber out of the bag
I just wanted to chime in quick to let everyone know that I'm getting close to being able to write my review on this driver. I've been hitting it a lot and really getting comfortable with it, the thing flat out bombs it. Every time I'm either out of balls on the range or on my last hole of a round I get sad because I want to just keep hitting this thing! Stay tuned!

awesome man, cna't wiat to read about the stick that knocked the J38 bomber out of the bag
I haven't completely committed to the switch just yet. I sure do like that J38, but I haven't hit it since I put this in the bag...next time out I better hit them side by side.

I haven't completely committed to the switch just yet. I sure do like that J38, but I haven't hit it since I put this in the bag...next time out I better hit them side by side.

looks like that bag is starting to become 1 OEM domination haha

look forward to the review

looks like that bag is starting to become 1 OEM domination haha

look forward to the review
There are 2 OEMs in there that I don't see getting knocked off any time soon that's for sure. And actually I need to update my sig to reflect another change...

There are 2 OEMs in there that I don't see getting knocked off any time soon that's for sure. And actually I need to update my sig to reflect another change...

the ever evolving bag of p4b!

boss, what was your average like before this driver?

LOL Im really glad you said this so I know Im not the only one who feels like a kid that just got his bike taken away when I come to the end of my session...Waiting on my SF 2.0 TP with Aldila RIP 60 to come in...This is my first post here and I know I dont know you guys yet but from all I have read I love you guys already...In a manly kind of way of course.:beauty:

LOL Im really glad you said this so I know Im not the only one who feels like a kid that just got his bike taken away when I come to the end of my session...Waiting on my SF 2.0 TP with Aldila RIP 60 to come in...This is my first post here and I know I dont know you guys yet but from all I have read I love you guys already...In a manly kind of way of course.:beauty:

Welcome to THP!

Back