Golferbet

Reaction score
Handicap
Played the TPC San Antonio this weekend. Played 36 on Saturday - both courses. First the Canyons and then the Oaks. Play the first 27 in a misting, spitting rain. Then for the last nine of the Oaks the sun shone. On Sunday my son (16yo) and I played the Oaks in nice weather.

My overall is that it was a great experience. Great staff. Oaks is in excellent shape as they ready for the Valero Texas Open. The Canyons is in winter shape but by no means bad.

I didn't find hitting the fairways hard but boy the green complexes are tough. Have to miss in the right places. I struggled with the bunkers - they were wet though - although my son played them like a pro.

I have played the TPC River Highlands in CT a few times before and found the golf experience here in San Antonio MUCH better.

I shot a little over my index (14.2) for the three rounds although the first round at the Oaks I shot an 89 with five pars but three triples.

Played the TPC San Antonio this weekend. Played 36 on Saturday - both courses. First the Canyons and then the Oaks. Play the first 27 in a misting, spitting rain. Then for the last nine of the Oaks the sun shone. On Sunday my son (16yo) and I played the Oaks in nice weather.

My overall is that it was a great experience. Great staff. Oaks is in excellent shape as they ready for the Valero Texas Open. The Canyons is in winter shape but by no means bad.

I didn't find hitting the fairways hard but boy the green complexes are tough. Have to miss in the right places. I struggled with the bunkers - they were wet though - although my son played them like a pro.

I have played the TPC River Highlands in CT a few times before and found the golf experience here in San Antonio MUCH better.

I shot a little over my index (14.2) for the three rounds although the first round at the Oaks I shot an 89 with five pars but three triples.
I've never had the pleasure of playing a TPC course, but I will in April. It's great that you had the opportunity and with the exception of the triples you played well. It's really nice that you were able to play with your son. :)

Beats the snow still on the ground in CT, eh?

Sean - beats the snow by a long shot. Which TPC are playing in April?

Golfing with my son is great for many reasons. Shared experiences, we both keep each other calm - go figure, and it's hard to find 4 to 5 hours with no phones, TV or Internet. Definitely a master card priceless kind if moment. I was able to take him to the River Highlands this year too. So before he's 17 he has played two PGA venues.

I have played the TPC at Las Colinas (Dallas) (Byron Nelson) many times. Always had a great time.

Jean. Sounds great. Is that one open for public play in case I ever get to Dallas and am able to leave DFW.

Sean - beats the snow by a long shot. Which TPC are playing in April?

Golfing with my son is great for many reasons. Shared experiences, we both keep each other calm - go figure, and it's hard to find 4 to 5 hours with no phones, TV or Internet. Definitely a master card priceless kind if moment. I was able to take him to the River Highlands this year too. So before he's 17 he has played two PGA venues.
Lucky boy! It's nice you two can spend some quality time together...and something you two will be able to do even when you are in your dotage. lol

I'll be playing TPC Boston.

Lucky boy! It's nice you two can spend some quality time together...and something you two will be able to do even when you are in your dotage. lol

I'll be playing TPC Boston.

He of course thinks I'm already dottering (sp?). TPC Boston. How'd you manage that?

Back