Miura Adam Barr Interview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
ITR is back with their weekly show and it is filled with great information. THP welcomes Adam Barr to the show to discuss Miura Golf.

On this episode:
How we all know Adam Barr
The transition from media member to equipment company
What makes Miura irons and wedges different
The K-Grind wedge and its interesting look
Will getting bigger in the eyes of consumers alienate their current fans
And so much more

As always you can listen to it streaming right here as well as download it from here. The show is also available at ITunes & Podcast.com

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=12596

Im going to check this one out later on today. Interested to see what he has to say.

Nice interview. I always liked Adam when he was with the GC. I'm sure he will do well with Miura but I know I will never be serious enough about golf to consider their clubs with the current price point. I wish him nothing but the best though.

Very nice interview. I got to play golf with Adam and Bill from Miura last October. It was really nice meeting them and hearing more about Miura company.

Can't wait to listen! I met Adam and Mr. Miura in December. Really nice people.

• Admin
Looking forward to everybody's feedback on this show.

Looking forward to everybody's feedback on this show.

Nice. Just saw this and plan to listen this evening! Thanks for the bump, JB.

very interesting, I had no idea he was with Miura. I remember him from the WITB show on GC

Great interview JB. I think the thing that impressed me most was Adam's vision of how to grow the company while keeping the brand unique.

I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Great show! I really enjoyed this interview. Adam seemed to be fairly candid considering that most people in his position tend to be a bit more guarded. I agree with what was said regarding the exclusivity factor of the clubs. While I think that most Miura enthusiasts really like the feel, craftmanship and story of the clubs, I do think that the rareness of the clubs also appeal to those folks as well. It is kinda like the music lovers that find an obscure band, and then are upset when they are eventually played on the radio or do a Jetta commercial.

And I totally agree with his statements regarding Chicago being one of the better golf locales. I always find a way to throw in a little Chicago pride.

Great show! I really enjoyed this interview. Adam seemed to be fairly candid considering that most people in his position tend to be a bit more guarded. I agree with what was said regarding the exclusivity factor of the clubs. While I think that most Miura enthusiasts really like the feel, craftmanship and story of the clubs, I do think that the rareness of the clubs also appeal to those folks as well. It is kinda like the music lovers that find an obscure band, and then are upset when they are eventually played on the radio or do a Jetta commercial.

And I totally agree with his statements regarding Chicago being one of the better golf locales. I always find a way to throw in a little Chicago pride.

I agree 100% and enjoyed him being candid on the exclusive side of the clubs and why that makes their fans happy.

Listening now....I like this guy, he's very well spoken and very easy to listen to. I would love to try a Miura iron, how about they send some for the demo day?

I really love the look of the "Rake" wedge. I almost want to go out and buy it just to have a sweet looking wedge in my bag like it. I am really interested on how it preforms and if it cuts through junk really good.

Listening now....I like this guy, he's very well spoken and very easy to listen to. I would love to try a Miura iron, how about they send some for the demo day?

They have decided against doing that.

They have decided against doing that.

Yet, Adam says that as soon as someone hits one, the sticker shock/price goes right out the window. I guess I'll just have to take his word on that?

edit: I'm listening to the part right now where he's discussing where to put their product. Seems like they are looking for attention for this brand and I can think of a really good way for that too happen. I can't help but wonder why they may not be participating in the demo day of our outing, but I will keep those thoughts to myself.

Dang, I just put that in the Demo day thread. There goes my hopes on hitting one.

Yet, Adam says that as soon as someone hits one, the sticker shock/price goes right out the window. I guess I'll just have to take his word on that?

Apparently so. I cannot answer that for you or him. We requested Miura equipment be at the demo day and the response was that they could not be a part of it this year

That's a shame but I'm sure they have their reasons. I wish them good luck getting their sticks out to where they want them to go.

People can have a voice too. Reach out to them on twitter or to the email address he gave in the radio show. Tell them you want to see the stuff at the THP demo day.

It is hard to make an entrance into the US market, if you don't let people try out your product. I know most people have to travel a long way to get to one of their dealers.

Hmmmm.... that is strange. I always see a few Miura clubs at PGA Show in different shaft company bags for testing.

I'll email Bill and see what I can find out.

Hmmmm.... that is strange. I always see a few Miura clubs at PGA Show in different shaft company bags for testing.

I'll email Bill and see what I can find out.

There are reps present in those scenarios.

the wedge on that page looks sick!!

edit: Any chance to get these wedges at demo day?

Back