Describe Your Putting

On greens that I know I would say I am extremely confident, I can more often than not get the ball rolling on my intended line, but when I am playing a course with greens I am unfamilier with, I blow up. I still get the ball on my intended line, but the read and speed is just way off. I need practice at reading greens I suppose.

Flounderful.

Trust it

I'm not a short winded person so hard to describe. When i approach a ball i tell myself to trust my read and trust my stroke. Picture the ball in the hole as soon as i read it, i noticed my putting is slowly getting better. I do need practice on longer lag putts. But def see an improvement.

Btw JB what did your friend say was the most common response amongst the tour players? Im curious what they rethinking standing over a ball.

He said "repeatable"

Untutored

no idea what I'm doing

Poor Lags!

I'm a accurate putter and decent at reading greens, but once I get to 20ft+ I have trouble hitting the putt at the right pace

Progressing (slowly but surely)

Overthought

Timid

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Excellent choice....fits my putting game to a T. If I get confident and put a good roll on it good things happen, but when I get 15-25 feet out I get more concerned with getting the ball "close" and thats where my problems occur. Perfect word SW!

Two words...two putt. My chipping and wedge game helps with that though.

I'll cheat and put in 3 words: "Room for Improvement". I don't 3-putt very much at all, so my speed is pretty good, but I need to have more 1-putts to help me get up and down or make a rare birdie.

hot & cold
cant miss one day cant get it the next

This weekend it was

callowaywrecking

I kid of course, but my putting bothered them I believe.

One-T'd

edit: just saw your response JB and you did wreck the putting green. JB is fun to watch around the gree...he just gets it done.

Roll.

I try to think of rolling the ball, not my stroke or technique.

Pulled.

Most of my misses tend to come from me pulling the ball to the left due to a closed club face at the end of my swing.

multiple.

Offline past 10'

Anybody get their hands on a good putting training aid?

3 inches. As in, I'm 3 inches off the cup in any direction fairly consistently. I'm fighting either not releasing the putter head enough or releasing it too much. Stupid wrists.

Mine would be.... Effecient.

I concentrate on distance control and just trying to keep the ball on my line.

Second Guessed :banghead:

tentative

I think I just overanalyze putts, thoughts and strokes and just need to trust a line and putt. The other thing is that I always seem to get lag speed right, but never holing speed. I need to hit the practice green hard early this year!

Earlier I posted "average" but I'm changing it.

Improving

Putting is my #1 priority right now, I feel I have been average but I want to improve to be more consistent, I've made some changes and am practicing nightly so hopefully Improving will be a good one to describe my putting for a while.

Back