Nascar '11 (Spoilers)

Nascar '11 (Spoilers)

• Total voters
i just started watching a little nascar inbetween innings of baseball games last summer don't really know much about the sport, but i found it very easy to get sucked into. I watched a great deal of the race today, the job fox does broadcasting makes it very easy to just keep watching. When they go into "crank it up mode" where they emphasize the sound of the engines and the track, along with rotating the camera angles from the bottom cam on the turn, the wall cam and the car cams; that's some darn good stuff.

i enjoyed it, and i'll most likely make next week in pheonix into my sunday rotation with basketball and golf.

I used to only watch for the races. I mean, driving 500 miles in a circle? Really? Well then I started seeing the strategies involved, and the work of the pit crews and there is so much more to auto racing than driving laps.

I haven't watched much the last few years, but it's still a great sport.

7th straigth Damn! Do you just bye a ticket each year or do you have season tickets to it?

My inlaws have season tickets. First 500 I have been to and was able to wear shorts. Normally it's cold and cloudy.

Was actually some good racing today. The new pavement has certainly changed things. Seems like the 2 car drafts will be the norm for a few years.

I'm not much of a NASCAR fan anymore. But I would definitely consider it a sport.

Great weekend for the company, with Trevor taking the win in the Motorcraft/Quick Lane sponsored car and Edwards & Gilliland rounding out an all-Ford top 3. :D

One of these years I'll have to take advantage of our sponsorship and get tickets for Championship Weekend at Homestead.

Big motorsports fan here. I never miss a NASCAR race.
I generally like the more aggressive drivers… My favorite driver lately is #42 Juan Pablo Montoya. He has done so much on open wheel, and I love his driving style. Historically, I have been a Tony Stuart fan… And as my girlfriend says “whats not to like about Jimmy Johnson?”
Anti Carl Edwards… The guy is a puss in boots.

Yup, it's a sport. No question about it.

Bristol would be a fun race to go to. I would like to hear how loud that little circle can get.

I will be in Bristol for BOTH races this year :egyptian:. I cant wait i've been to Dega 12 times but thats it, i bet that bullring will be sooo LOOUUD.

Tony Stewart is my favorite driver i met him a few years ago in the infeild at Talladega got my pic with him and he signed the little home depot car that i had. Oh and YES nascar is a sport no way the drivers could do what they do without hand/eye coordination that is equel to barry bonds when he was juicing.

I am a huge motorsports fan as well. My favorite driver is Jimmie Johnson "Mr. 5-time" I am from the same home town. I love NSACAR racing but Nascar took a great race in the Daytona 500 and screwed it up I think they just need to make one change as needed for safety and then leave the teams alone. The cars were so unstable that in a 200 lap race 73 laps were under caution and that sucks I actually turned off the race. I can't wait for the race this weekend at my favorite in Phoenix. Okay I'll get off my soap box now.

Ford 1-2-3? Booyah.
Glad Toyota didn't make the podium!

...in a 200 lap race 73 laps were under caution and that sucks I actually turned off the race.

I hear ya. I have to build buffer time in the DVR so I can FF through Yellow Flags.
I jokingly call myself a DVR snob. I cant barely watch live TV... I almost considered recording the ball drop on New Year's Eve!

That FOX heat seeker cam looked crazy, I can't believe how much hotter the right rear was considered to the left rear.

That thing was crazy. Wait till Bristol that thing will be REDDDDDDDD

Excited is a good word to describe Kyle. I know it's early but do you think he seems different this year? Almost eerily calm?

I hope so, he seemed that way for a bit last year until Hamlin wrecked him in the all star race, then he became the old Kyle heh.

I hope so, he seemed that way for a bit last year until Hamlin wrecked him in the all star race, then he became the old Kyle heh.

True. Just wonder if married life might tame him a little bit. I hope not Nascar needs a good villain.

big wreck early today. vicker's vowing vengence on kenseth

Watching it as I type. I am a Rowdy (Kyle) Busch fan. I am a huge motorsports fan. Know alot of racers of dirt track (sprint cars, late models and modifieds). So I watch alot of racing.

Glad to the ole 24 get a win again. Was starting to feel bad for the guy

Tony Stewart will be driving Lewis Hamilton's old car at Watkins Glen, and vice versa. Sweet!

Tony Stewart will be driving Lewis Hamilton's old car at Watkins Glen, and vice versa. Sweet!

Sweet Tony is my favorite driver. I was just getting into Nascar and went to the Richmond Race when he first won. I was sitting right in front of his pit box and from that point on he has been my driver.

Back