Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow Review from Testers

I went out and played 9 holes today after work. I lost one of the three balls the other day and these last two were still doing a great job. I really do love this ball a lot. It goes great off the driver, really preforms off the irons and is amazing around the green. I think the best part I like about the ball is my putting. It just has a nice feel to it while coming off the putter. I think I am going to have to step up and start to buy this ball as a regular ball.

Got out again today with this ball. I am still a fan. I played on a course that was less intimidating than Bandon, so I felt more comfortable playing the yellow ball. That being said, I still prefer a white ball. Breaking the shots down.

Driver: I was hitting it long and straight today. I definitely feel that these balls reduce my side spin. I really like these balls off the tee.

Irons: Same as above. These are straight. I didn't feel like I lost any spin. I stopped a couple of long and mid irons a few feet from where they hit.

Chipping/Sand: Still seeing more roll out with these balls. This is fine as I just have planned on 2-3 feet more roll out. Put the ball close on most of my chips. I got really good spin off of my two sand shots.

Putts: I love how these feel on putts. THey are super soft. I still have a hard time looking over the yellow ball when putting.

I am getting a bit low on balls and I was telling my dad how much I liked these balls, so I will probably be getting a dozen in the next couple of days.

Love all the reviews guys, really want to play this ball after all the great things said about it.

I still love the Z Star around the greens for its higher short game spin, but with the B330RX I didn't need my short game as much since I was hitting more GIR. So as much as I love the ZStar, I do think that once my current supply runs out and the B330RX Yellow is available in stores I will be making the switch to the Bridgestone.[/QUOTE

That is a pretty telling stat, that would make all of us happy!

Played 18 today and the ball is great.

One thing I noticed as the round went on, was that my confidence in the ball grew. It got to the point where I was standing over the ball knowing that I would get a good result from a good swing. I am sold on the B330-RX. I got some free balls that I need to burn through but I think I'm gonna be card-carrying member of the Boom Club from now on.

This was my ball of choice over the last 2 rounds and my original thoughts are still there. I love the RX ball and the yellow makes it easier to spot for me.

This was my ball of choice over the last 2 rounds and my original thoughts are still there. I love the RX ball and the yellow makes it easier to spot for me.

Yeah, I'm kind of kicking myself for opting out of the testing. I was fortunate to be able to test the yellow RX while playing a round with JB and my brother and at least twice the yellow of the ball stood out to me, probably saving me strokes. I struggle finding them in the air at times but once they are on the ground, they are very easy to spot. I don't know why but I had not been fond of the yellow balls before but after playing a round, I could see myself making the switch. The RX is my preferred golf ball, and I had absolutely no issues with the yellow whatsoever.

Everyone is doing an incredible job in this thread. Keep it up.

I was just noting that to one of my buddy's yesterday. How easy it was to spot on the fairway. These were dormant Bermuda fairways too. I can't way to see it during the summer on a nice green fairway. I think it will be even easier to see.

Did you ever try the RX-S? Curious on how the RX performs around the green. Just tried the RX-S yesterday for the first time and it was great.

Did you ever try the RX-S? Curious on how the RX performs around the green. Just tried the RX-S yesterday for the first time and it was great.

You can read my review of the RX-S on the home page from last year. Played that ball a LOT.

After playing this ball as much as I have, I'm kinda regretting not making the permanant switch sooner. This ball fits my game perfectly. I need a ball that is good off the tee, irons and around the green. But allows for some mishits at times.

The Yellow Z Star was really the only ball keeping me from doing do. I loved the yellow color and I felt it helped me putt and chip a little bit better. I had other balls I found great deals on but I'm really seeing the benefits to playing a ball that is fit to you. It really makes a difference in a lot of aspects. Now that the RX is coming in yellow I have to figure out what to do with the other balls I have.

These reviews have been wonderful! I can't say how much I appreciated the opportunity to try the RX out!

I'm a firm believer in the ball, and I am a permanent convert to the RX!

These reviews have been wonderful! I can't say how much I appreciated the opportunity to try the RX out!

I'm a firm believer in the ball, and I am a permanent convert to the RX!

That makes two in Oklahoma that have switched then! lol

I'm still playing the 2 of 3 that didn't want to go swimming, they will be on their 6th round today, I know my reviews have stated it before but I really cannot emphasize how much I like the RX.

I had the pleasure of gaming this ball on sunday and came away more than impressed. I found it to be a very easy ball to compress, especially with my irons! Which I think this ball truly shines off irons and wedges. I lost one ball all day which is not something I do on a regular basis. I will be gaming this ball at the outing and more often.

Part 2 of my review...

Went out yesterday and played 18 holes at Bayou Vista Golf Course in Gulfport,MS. Very interesting course to say the least. Located between the airport and a waste water treatment plant. If the noise doesn't get to you, the smells will, especially on holes 6-8.

Never played the B330RX before, so I compared them to the yellow Z-Star I regularly play, and alternated balls every other hole. Odd numbered holes with the Srixon, evens with the Bridgestone.

LOOK/FEEL:
See part 1 of my review.
Advantage: Bridgestone, but only because I like the "sparkly" finish.

DRIVER:
GPS on my phone (nRange for Blackberry) didn't have this course available, so distances were estimated. Bridgestones seemed slightly longer off the tee. Wind yesterday was somewhat intense with many holes hitting into the wind, so that too made it hard to tell for sure.
Advantage: Bridgestone (unconfirmed)

IRONS:
Not my favorite part of this ball. Fell short on a few greens. Ball flight seemed higher than the Z-Star.
Advantage: Srixon

WEDGES:
[Dr.Evil voice] "It's a laaaaaaaa-zur!" If I had better skills, my game could be sick using these. They spun nicely and stop dead on the green. Even was able to go up and down on one hole hitting out of a sandtrap (I never do that).
Advantage: Bridgestone

PUTTING:
[Al Pacino voice] "Fugheddabouttit!" Putting skills have been failing me lately. The PING I normally use just hasn't been working for me lately, so I put my old Odyssey back in my bag to use down here. Both felt equal off the putter face, but lack of skills won't even let me sink a putt into a manhole cover.
Advantage: Neutral

DURABILITY:
Much more durable than the e6, the only other Bridgestone ball I've ever used. Unless they have an unfortunate run-in with a tree or cart path, the B330s come out of the ball washer looking brand new.
Advantage: Neutral

OVERALL:
Would I buy and use these? Absolutely, but probably not this year.
I have a nice stockpile of Z-Stars from when the price dropped down to 2 doz/$60. Probably won't need to buy anymore balls this year, but when the time comes to restock, then I'll definitely consider buying some Bridgestones. I'd assume the MSRP on these will be about $42.99 a dozen like the white B330s. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to buy more balls, they'll consider dropping the price down to $39.99 to compete with Z-Stars.

Last edited:
Bridgestone Tour B330 RX optic yellow ball Review

I have played 54 holes of golf with the yellow B330-RX. My first round of 18 was last Wednesday, played 9 holes on Thursday, played 18 on Saturday and today played 9.
Last year I played the Srixon yellow z-star and like it very much after switching from the Bridgestone E-6 as my favorite ball. I love the yellow color can green stopping

Driver: The ball seems to explode off of my driver and feel soft, goes high and straight. Reminds me of the E6 ball flight. The z-star ball flight seems lower to me than the Bridgestone. The Bridgestone gives me about 5-8 yards more distance.

Fairway Metal woods: Like the ball flight and consistent distance.

Hybrid: The B330 RX and the mashie M4 is now my 190-200 yard combination into long par 3’s. Nice ball flight and consistent distance.

Irons: Mid irons shots feels soft and goes straight. Short irons have a nice high flight that I love from 140 yards and in, because the balls stop on or near the green. This ball has given me several birdie opportunities and I finally made one on Saturday.

Wedges: Nice high flight and spin, seems to stop quickly but not as quick as the z-star. I like the 330 Rx over sand traps because of higher ball flight and stops quickly after one hop. The z-star doesn’t seem to get high quickly as the 330 RX.

Putter: Great feel off of the putter but seems similar to the z-star.

Durability: This ball has similar durability as the z-star which is very good. The one ball I have left might go another round or two.

Overall, I feel the Bridgestone Tour 330-RX Optic yellow is the ball I will be playing this year. This ball is as advertised to be longest, softest, and straighter for my game.

I had the pleasure of gaming this ball on sunday and came away more than impressed. I found it to be a very easy ball to compress, especially with my irons! Which I think this ball truly shines off irons and wedges. I lost one ball all day which is not something I do on a regular basis. I will be gaming this ball at the outing and more often.

Completely agree with you One-T. I love the feel of this ball off my irons. Really seemed to respond to whatever shot I was trying to hit.

Edit: Great review rbrown

Good write ups ken and rbrown, I too love the yellow RX.

they need to pick a new color. dont copy. like bright orange

You do realize that this color has been around for years, right? Just because Srixon released it in the states doesn't mean they came up with the idea.

they need to pick a new color. dont copy. like bright orange

I played with someone who had the orange ball this weekend and I played the yellow. The orange ball was a nightmare to find even in the fairway. My yellow ball was glowing out there.

well its not the RX yellow but i picked up some Zstar yellow and lets just say im kinda mad i have 4dozen white ones lol, i love the looks of this ball. I will def make the switch to all yellow once my white ones are gone, i will have a shootout between the Zstar and B330Rx yellow

Spent about 2 hours today with the yellow RX on the putting and chipping green working on some things with a new putter. What I have come to realize is that I just love the way the ball sets up on the dark finish of the putter. It has a glow to it, but I think it helps with my alignment. For a long time now, I have loved the way the RX performs around the green. Love the sound off the putter face as it has a firm but still plush audible tone.

I know everybody always screams "i want spin, etc..." and I am not sure I agree, but for the sake of this writeup, to me the RX has the perfect amount of greenside spin. Not too much, but definitely enough to spin and even suck back balls if needed. Backed one up about 15 feet today on a full swing 65 yard shot before I left and to me that might be a little too much spin, but with clean grooves and the DG spinner shafts, it is the one miss with wedges I suffered from.

I just absolutely love the way this ball works with the wedges. Maybe the best combo I have ever encountered for my swing.

I've found that it has a great balance of spin vs control with longer shots for me.

Back