Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Well I finally got the M5 Friday of last week and have played two rounds with it. All I can say is WOW. That an awesome club. It did not take me anytime at all to start hitting it great. Every time I have used it I hit the green. I hit about 100 balls with it at the range on Saturday and it was just awesome only one duffed shot. My sons (3 of them) also tried it out and all of them had the same reaction.

The only problem I have is that I hit it the same distance as my 4 hybird so now I have an overlap in distances. I may need to get a M3. I also it some punch shots with it worked great.

The ball just rockets off the face.

Thanks to this thread I found a great club. I would have never given this club a try had it not been for THP testing. Thanks a lot. Now I’m $160.00 poorer.

rrpruett, contact blind9golf.... they are a California compay and they might save you a few $$$ with your next Mashie purchase.

provx, my driver SS is about 115, maybe a little more when I step on it.

When I get both cheeks into a 3 wood, I can get it out there up to 270 off the tee, 260 from the fairway. Problem is, just as often I hit a ballooning, weak fade with it that goes about 230 or even less. I was hitting the M1 about 260 off the tee today, and accurately too. I think the M1 could definitely be a 3W or 4W replacement for many golfers. Also, I think TC alluded to this earlier, but the mashies seem to be anti slice. I know I got quick on the transition on one of my 2 Mashies off the tee today, and it stayed straight, where with my 3 Wood, I KNOW it would have been the week 230 yard slice.

Another big benefit to the M1 over a fairway wood is the price! I don' see a downside to replacing your fairway woods with the mashies at this time.

Thanks Chunkylover, I'm stoked about my rounds lately. I'm starting to look forward to teeing it up on the Champions at the THP outing!

I'm starting to feel like you guys are going to pound me that round. Good thing is you are motivating me to practice, practice, practice.

I spent some time on the range Sunday morning hitting the Mashie and discussing my miss with the club with JB. He let me hit a few balls and was seeing the miss I was talking about (slight draw) and instantly noticed what I was doing wrong. I felt like an idiot: I had the club face a wee bit closed at address. I had never really noticed it myself, perhaps b/c there isn't really a difference in color between crown and the face, but as soon as I made sure the face was truly square at impact.........BANG! I got my Mashie on!

Had a pretty killer shot with it into a Par 5 at Windermere Country Club. I pulled my drive a bit to the right, and had about 250 odd yards to the green. I was a bit pissed off at this point b/c I was playing some terrible golf on the two previous holes, so laying up to a number was out of the equation. I wanted to Mashie, and I wanted to Mashie hard! I roped this golf ball, it started on a perfect line and just stayed on it. I love the sound of a well struck Mashie..........CRACK! Anyone who now has one, knows exactly what I'm talking about. It was a blind shot, so I had no idea where it was.

When we approached the green, my ball was sitting about 2 inches shy of going into the bunker right in front of the green. We figure it went 230-235 yards, which is pretty stout for the M3 (and for me). I short sided myself bad, but got up and down for the par. In a nutshell: I got my Mashie on!

The point I want to reiterate is that we have all read about how guys have struggled with pulling or drawing the ball with this club, and I just want to pass on the knowledge that I just received, make sure that your club face is in fact square at impact. Something that small can make all the difference in the world.

Thank you TC/JB for the tip. Ill try this next time. I was hitting about half great and half ok yesterday. I was actually pushing the ball on my miss over half the misses. Had a slice as well. Just want to point that out that you can slice this club it's just very hard. I also felt exactly what I did wrong so it was pretty easy to fix. The pushes came from trying to swing to first base, which is usually what happens when you're just trying the drill.

One-T and TC strike again!!!

TC, I can't wait to see this video when I get home. Work network blocks them haha. I have a feeling this is gonna be great.

TC, thanks for the suggestion on keeping the face square, I will check it out next time I am at the range/course. The videos are great!!! Keep them comming!!!

Good tip TC. I was seeing a similar type miss Sunday but I also have not spent any time on the range getting my Mashie on either. But when I do I'll be sure to remember this tip.

Glad to see that range actually has grass this time, was thinking yall might gave been in Texas with the cow pasture like driving range.

Bahaha great video! Makes me want to check one out.

Ok guys im really interested in this now, this club has 133 pages and it gets great reviews everywhere i see, so my driver swing speed is 110+, so those out here with that swing, what shaft flex do you suggest? And what lofts do they come in?

Ok guys im really interested in this now, this club has 133 pages and it gets great reviews everywhere i see, so my driver swing speed is 110+, so those out here with that swing, what shaft flex do you suggest? And what lofts do they come in?

A lot of the guys with swing speed's around there are going with the heavier shaft but I find nothing wrong with the 59g shaft. The lofts available are:

biggsy's SS is up there and he too had no problem with the 59g shaft. None at all.

A lot of the guys with swing speed's around there are going with the heavier shaft but I find nothing wrong with the 59g shaft. The lofts available are:

Probably a dumb question, but are you suggesting just the 59g Xflex? Thats the stock shaft in Xflex correct TC?

M1 15.5
M2 18
M3 20.5
M4 23
M5 26

Those are the lofts available. It's tough to say on shaft flex. I would think 110+ would be extra stiff. I personally went from heavy shafts to the lightweight 59 series and love it. It doesn't feel any less stout. G4L has a similar SS and he went with XS.

Edit... TC is faster.

biggsy's SS is up there and he too had no problem with the 59g shaft. None at all.

Is that 59g stiff or 59g xstiff?

Just left a Cleveland demo day, got to swing the 18* mashie, oh boy! Now I need to decide between the two lofts, 18 v 20.5, the super black better shape up quickly.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Is that 59g stiff or 59g xstiff?

I went with 59 x-stiff myself, but hit the stiff at the outing no problem. My driver ss is 115 and a little more at times

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I only swing about 100 and love the 59* stiff. I you just have to make sure you have a good tempo to get the benefits out of the light shaft.

Just left a Cleveland demo day, got to swing the 18* mashie, oh boy! Now I need to decide between the two lofts, 18 v 20.5, the super black better shape up quickly.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Why decide? Just get both.

Back