Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I played 9 holes yesterday with the new M4 Mashie 59g S and used it whenever possible, moving the ball to 190yds on the 4 par3s and the 3 par 4s, hitting multiple balls in each instance. The initial results are positive and the reviews thus far on this thread ring true. The club, even if it's swingweight is D4, feels light in the hands, with most the weight in the head. I hit good shots when I toned it down, and when I really tried to kill it, it'd go 'left with a draw'. One of the things I already notice is that you can really work the ball both ways with this club. I hit straight shots, a couple fades, and draws at will. Another great thing is that the good 'ole GPS is telling me the ball is going almost exactly as far as my 4 iron, so the M4 can be slotted right into the bag b/w the 3 Fli-Hi and 5 iron w/o missing a beat. There is much more of an offset than what I have on any of my other clubs, including my Taylormade 2H, and I like it. The Miyazaki shaft feels good; very stable for as light as it is. Very similar to the Bassara UL shaft in my driver.

Thus far the Mashie M4 is what I was looking for in a 4 hybrid, easy to hit, high trajectory, workable, and pretty dang good out of the rough.

Lmao, that's my kinda thinking.

Regarding this little silver bullet club, if I were to swap the grip to something like a winn lite would that mess the swing weight up? That's the one question I forgot to ask today.

FIFY ... lol

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Lmao, that's my kinda thinking.

Regarding this little silver bullet club, if I were to swap the grip to something like a winn lite would that mess the swing weight up? That's the one question I forgot to ask today.

Thats a good question. I know Id be worried about messing up my Mashie's dynamic. But I would think it would be find if they were the same weight.

Get the same weigth and you'll be fine, swingweight will be unchanged.

The wait for mine is kiiiiiiiiiilling me.

Thats a good question. I know Id be worried about messing up my Mashie's dynamic. But I would think it would be find if they were the same weight.

Lamkin Superlite 36g *stock grip*
Winn Lite Firm 26g

I was going to swap out the Winn Lite for the stock myself.

Thanks spank, those lamkins feel like a snot covered stick to me. Winn lite FTW.

It really was a neat experience today, hitting the Adams and everything hooking like mad on me then picking up the mashie and bam, center to center left. #Results

Lamkin Superlite 36g *stock grip*
Winn Lite Firm 26g

I was going to swap out the Winn Lite for the stock myself.

Hey guys, whats the difference between the tour and regular model???

Tour has more toe weighting and a smaller profile than the regular does
Hey guys, whats the difference between the tour and regular model???

Tour has more toe weighting and a smaller profile than the regular does

So have majority of people on here been hitting the Tour or regular? Any real difference as it relates to forgiveness or anything like that?

We all hit the regular. I don't think the tour is readily available.

So have majority of people on here been hitting the Tour or regular? Any real difference as it relates to forgiveness or anything like that?

We all hit the regular. I don't think the tour is readily available.

ok, I assume toe weight is for the same reason as Superfast 2.0 TP, keep club from closing as fast, almost promote a fade bias?

I'm thinking that is the case as well. I was trying to find the thread from the PGA Show where there was a side by side shot. It certainly looks smaller. I'm assuming (I know it usually relates to disaster) that it's less forgiving and promotes a fade bias. That's been my experience with the tour version of clubs. Usually set more open.

Ill see if I can at least find the pic.

ok, I assume toe weight is for the same reason as Superfast 2.0 TP, keep club from closing as fast, almost promote a fade bias?

Tour isn't available to the public yet

A lot of the guys with swing speed's around there are going with the heavier shaft but I find nothing wrong with the 59g shaft. The lofts available are:

The 15.5 M1 and 26 M5 is not available in LH.

This is from the Cleveland PGA 2011 show thread. Tour on the left.

1170444949_aTyMA-L-1.jpg

This is from the Cleveland PGA 2011 show thread. Tour on the left.

1170444949_aTyMA-L-1.jpg

Thanks Yoccos, I would say a slightly smaller profile not by much....

it's definitely more noticeable in person though

I ordered one, should be here next week, if I dont like it, I will just give it to my uncle, I think his clubs are from the 50's, his wedge has an E on it....LOL

Like the looks but not sure it's something I'd feel as confident hitting just looking at it.

it's definitely more noticeable in person though

No problem. I knew it was somewhere.

Lol. Which one did you get?

I ordered one, should be here next week, if I dont like it, I will just give it to my uncle, I think his clubs are from the 50's, his wedge has an E on it....LOL

nice! I can't wait for Blind9 to get the rest of the shipment in from Cleveland so mine arrives. Hopefully this week.

nice! I can't wait for Blind9 to get the rest of the shipment in from Cleveland so mine arrives. Hopefully this week.

+1. I realllllly want to get my mashie on this weekend.

Back