muddlermike

Reaction score
Handicap
too high
just curious, anyone use a "Yes!" putter? Got a good deal on one and I like the feel, but I'm a newbie and was wondering what others with more experience thought of them.

"If the shoe fits, wear it"

I liked the Yes! line for a while. I have a few of them in my collection and pull them out from time to time to test out on the putting green.

"If the shoe fits, wear it"
Agree with RF, many on here get heartburn when someone mentions Scotty Cameron. I play one as it is the best for me. A RedX2, I have never rolled another nearly as well as I roll it, and I alway roll everything I can anytime I am in a golf shop or store. Of course I bought it used as they are somewhat over priced to me also.

I rocked the Sophia for 1 summer, two years ago. Its the Blade Wilson 8802 model. Loved it, the head was too light though so things got a little shaky on the short bendy putts. Great feel and Decent logic behind their grooves.

One thing though, get the loft checked out if you can. Mine came in at 1.5*, my friends callie was 1*. Should be up around 4*

I really like my Yes putter. Rolls the ball nicely. Haven't been tempted to swap it out for a good while.

I liked the Yes! line for a while. I have a few of them in my collection and pull them out from time to time to test out on the putting green.

What isn't in your putter collection?

I won one in a Radio contest here in Denver. I ended up with the Tracy II. I only got it last October/November so I only have used it for 2 rounds. I like it so far... WAY different than the used Odyssey 2 Ball SRT I had before. The jury is still out though so we'll see!

I have my Amy and it's my backup putter for the moment. I love how the ball rolls off the CGrooves.

I just ordered a Yes Carolyne Long putter, according to Fed Ex Tracking it's suppose to be here tomorrow

I rocked the Sophia for 1 summer, two years ago. Its the Blade Wilson 8802 model. Loved it, the head was too light though so things got a little shaky on the short bendy putts. Great feel and Decent logic behind their grooves.

One thing though, get the loft checked out if you can. Mine came in at 1.5*, my friends callie was 1*. Should be up around 4*

I thought the lofts on Yes putters usually come in low lofts (1.5*) by design.

My Yes Carolyne is actually quite heavy. I found it too heavy and went to the Ping Zing.

They make/made nice putters. Like others have said, putt with what works. I'd putt with a hockey stick if it made the ball go in the hole every time.

My Yes Carolyne is actually quite heavy. I found it too heavy and went to the Ping Zing.

two school of thought on that one I suppose.
I personally believe a putter should have around 4* of loft and my Sophia rolled a lot better once I bent mine.

the Sophia being such a smaller head shape weighed less then the other Yes Putters. In fact the wilson 8802 style putter usually is lighter than the other putter models in all the Company's line of putters. I'm suprised no ones ever put a heavy tungsten weight in the back or something.

Standard for those 2 models is 2.5* (from Yes website) any more loft would work against the downward facing grooves to help the ball get foward roll faster...

same with Rife putters, 2* there

I bought the Olivia mainly because I like the mallet design and it comes with interchangeable weights. They included a set of aluminum, brass, and tungsten inserts to be able to change the weight from 340gms, to 355gms, to 370gms. Kind of gimmicky, but the change in weight is noticeable. Some have said in reviews that you could use a combo of the inserts (one weight on one side and a different weight on the other) to modify your swing, but I'm skeptical about that. So far I've only putted with it in the house, so we'll see how it performs on the green. Glad to hear positive comments, anyway :golf2:

About a month or so ago, I got a Yes Callie putter and I am really liking it so far. It puts a very good roll on the ball and I like it because I don't have to worry about messing it up or getting it wet with dew because I only paid $50 for it.

Standard for those 2 models is 2.5* (from Yes website) any more loft would work against the downward facing grooves to help the ball get foward roll faster...

same with Rife putters, 2* there

yea... I know the company line.
Both companies locked themselves in a room with a high speed camera and didn't come out until they had a putter that started the ball rolling sooner. I just feel in that chase for the quicker roll, they forgot that people need that loft to get the ball out of it's depression. Taylormade's putter has got those AGSI grooves yet their putters are 3.5*. Nike's Method putters..... well the Loft is the one spec they've conveniantly left off their website. I'm curiouse to see what loft it has, that is if I can get my hands on one.

I have 2... a Nicky and a Valerie. I have also rolled and liked the Dawn, Tracy II, Amy, and Sophia. Great putters. I can't wait to see what Adams does with the company.

yea... I know the company line.
Both companies locked themselves in a room with a high speed camera and didn't come out until they had a putter that started the ball rolling sooner. I just feel in that chase for the quicker roll, they forgot that people need that loft to get the ball out of it's depression. Taylormade's putter has got those AGSI grooves yet their putters are 3.5*. Nike's Method putters..... well the Loft is the one spec they've conveniantly left off their website. I'm curiouse to see what loft it has, that is if I can get my hands on one.

The Method's loft is 2º. I asked Stewart Cink on twitter once and that is what he replied to me.

I love my Tiffany. It is center shafted and I got it real cheap. I had been looking at seemore putters before, but i think i noticed i just liked the center shaft and that is the real secret to the seemore....to me at least.

I don't know if the c-groove technology does exactly what it says it is supposed to, but I have been holing more putts with this putter than with my old odyssey #9, and that is all that matters to me.

The putter is the ultimate feel club. Make sure it feels right.

I dig my Yes! putter.

I use the Yes Amy Putter. I think these putters with less loft works better for people that don't putt with a forward press.

Just got my Yes Carolyne putter and I've been putting in my office for the last 2 hours and I have to say that I love it so far. It feels great and it seems so far like a great combination of a milled putter face, but with the C-grooves it almost putts a simlar roll on the ball to my Taylormade putter with the pure roll insert.

I love how this putter looks and sets up to the ball. I'm going to put it in the bag for a while and really work with it.

Just got my Yes Carolyne putter and I've been putting in my office for the last 2 hours and I have to say that I love it so far. It feels great and it seems so far like a great combination of a milled putter face, but with the C-grooves it almost putts a simlar roll on the ball to my Taylormade putter with the pure roll insert.

I love how this putter looks and sets up to the ball. I'm going to put it in the bag for a while and really work with it.

You got quite the little putter revolving door going on don't you Breezy..LOL

Back