Boomerang Putting Professional

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
This training aid arrived for review, here are some quick shots during setup. I'll get some more pictures and feedback for you as I use the device.

DSC05490.jpg

DSC05492.jpg

This training aid arrived for review, here are some quick shots during setup. I'll get some more pictures and feedback for you as I use the device.

DSC05490.jpg

DSC05492.jpg

looks interesting but I don't get how its supposed to work.

You can go to www.boomgolf.com if you want a sneak peek at what it does, but generally speaking it's a putting aid and I'll get you all the details in the review.

Thanks I just finished playing around there, it actually looks pretty cool.

My buddy has that. I'll wait for Puttin to drop his review but overall I liked it. (anything where I don't have to walk far is great)

haha sounds like a fun little game that will help smooth a stroke :)

I love training aids that can be used in the living room.

I thought I'd pop in here and quick update everyone on this. I've had it setup right smack in the middle of my downstairs living room for a few days now and multiple times a day I'll go over and roll some putts. I am really impressed with how the green rolls, a lot better than my very short tight carpet that you can see in those pics above. I'm still not really very good as the whole Catch and Release part of this aid but I like how putts roll up that ramp and right back to me. Even without Catching and Releasing as designed I'm still getting a pretty good practice session with the putter. This is very good because in the last few weeks I've decided on a different grip to hopefully help gain more consistency in my putting, this training aid could not have arrived at a better time!

More to come, stay tuned!

Very cool P4B I can't say I was impressed seeing the link, but sounds like it's working for you.

I thought I'd pop in here and quick update everyone on this. I've had it setup right smack in the middle of my downstairs living room for a few days now and multiple times a day I'll go over and roll some putts. I am really impressed with how the green rolls, a lot better than my very short tight carpet that you can see in those pics above. I'm still not really very good as the whole Catch and Release part of this aid but I like how putts roll up that ramp and right back to me. Even without Catching and Releasing as designed I'm still getting a pretty good practice session with the putter. This is very good because in the last few weeks I've decided on a different grip to hopefully help gain more consistency in my putting, this training aid could not have arrived at a better time!

More to come, stay tuned!

Nice write up Puttin. I recently just changed my putting grip too, I'm reading Stan Utley "art of putting" and he emphesizes keeping the putter grip on your finger tips. Took me two weeks but it feels natural now.

Ingenious in its simplicity. Looks like it would do as it claims.

Hitting the ball up the ramp to the catch spot obviously requires a little force. If the surface was flat and using the same stroke - would it be equal to practicing a 6 foot putt.. 4 foot putt.. 8 foot putt??

Hope that question makes sense... I'm not sure I'm phrasing it right.

Not sure how I missed this, but I'm looking forward to your thoughts, Jake.

Today while watching the Accenture Match Play I'll bet I rolled 500 putts with this thing. I've got it sprawled across my living room floor and just putt and watch golf all day long while it snowed out. I gotta say I won't have to worry about breaking that record and winning $1000 anytime soon, but I definitely think I'll have a better putting stroke this season with the help of this training aid.

My review should be done next week.

Today while watching the Accenture Match Play I'll bet I rolled 500 putts with this thing. I've got it sprawled across my living room floor and just putt and watch golf all day long while it snowed out. I gotta say I won't have to worry about breaking that record and winning $1000 anytime soon, but I definitely think I'll have a better putting stroke this season with the help of this training aid.

My review should be done next week.

Great stuff man, looking forward to the review. After reading up on the website about this I am intrigued.

Back