Official NBA Thread

Melo finally got what he wanted. Traded to the Knicks.

and the nation finally gets what we wanted. no more melo drama talk

Hate this trade for the Knicks. He was going there anyway after the season.

This Knicks team is going to be just as/if not more potent of a video game team than this heat team. Melo is arguably the best pure scorer in the league, hasn't played a lick of defense since the 2003 final four. Amare is arguably the best post scorer in the league, has never played defense. D'Antoni has arguably the best offensive system in league history, and thinks so little of defense that he has the D apostrophed away from the rest of his name. This team could score 150 points....and give up 152!

This Knicks team is going to be just as/if not more potent of a video game team than this heat team. Melo is arguably the best pure scorer in the league, hasn't played a lick of defense since the 2003 final four. Amare is arguably the best post scorer in the league, has never played defense. D'Antoni has arguably the best offensive system in league history, and thinks so little of defense that he has the D apostrophed away from the rest of his name. This team could score 150 points....and give up 152!

LMAO. Great post

Could not agree with you more. Atleast if they win we won't have to hear that "defense wins championships" cliche. lol

So glad Melo is gone from here, damn shame we had to lose Billups to get rid of him though.

From what I hear you are in the majority here. I just hope for your sake that it doesn't take too long to rebuild.

From what I hear you are in the majority here. I just hope for your sake that it doesn't take too long to rebuild.

With Melo, Denver got to the playoffs and got knocked out early. Even if it takes a couple of years to rebuild, we might get past the first round when we're back in the playoffs.

Screw the NBA and David Stern. They stole our Sonics and 41 years of history.

lol I hate the NBA but this was a hilarious post and all true. Rep added

I'm going to jump on Simmons' shoulders from ESPN here, but one of the issues still not being discussed is the amount of minutes that Amare is logging. Remember he has two HORRIBLE knees....... The reason I like the trade for NY is now his minutes can be reduced to normal. As a Celtics fan that scares me.

This will certainly help Amare last into the playoffs, just not sure their is enough time to move up and get away from the Bulls matchup. But getting Billups should help them there too.

This will certainly help Amare last into the playoffs, just not sure their is enough time to move up and get away from the Bulls matchup. But getting Billups should help them there too.

I think this should help the knicks out a lot, I think they can get by Chicago in a full series, but I don't know if it's enough to get them through to the finals. But looking forward, if they get Deron or CP they'd be a huge threat to deal with in the East!

I guess that means Chris Paul will be a knick!!!

what a crazy trade deadline this was. holy cow

so he wastes a year of his life in Newark now....no way he stays there. He'll want to go FA next year....

Aren't they going into a new arena next year in Brooklyn? Maybe they lure some great FA to join him next year.

The Celts traded Perkins and Robinson? WTF is up with that?

Back