Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Which loft? Flex? Sorry lol just curious. I fight a hook as well with everything. I do hook less with the Mashie though. Ill get in a hurry and cast my hands but I do it less with this club. The shaft is stout and I feel a lot more control with it. Hopefully it works out!

Non tour, I fight a hook with hybrids but I think it will be ok.

Which loft? Flex? Sorry lol just curious. I fight a hook as well with everything. I do hook less with the Mashie though. Ill get in a hurry and cast my hands but I do it less with this club. The shaft is stout and I feel a lot more control with it. Hopefully it works out!

15.5 X flex....I have the tendency to swing hard when I know I have graphite in my hands and I can't remember who said this earlier but I have a steep swing at times and was told to try a hybrid in the 15 degree loft

I ordered one, should be here next week, if I dont like it, I will just give it to my uncle, I think his clubs are from the 50's, his wedge has an E on it....LOL

Hey! My hogan apex plus have a wedge with an E!

Wow so I got the backorder email from Blind9 but just got a tracking email today that they shipped. Clicked the tracking # and they were delivered today and actually shipped out last friday! So excited! I would leave work early and say I'm "sick" but I really am sick and don't feel well enough to go to the range. Karma for past times I guess :( I did order both my mashies with the 83g X flex shaft.

btw for those who have the 15.5, what is your opinion on the face height? i had a TEE xcg3 16* hybrid last year that i could bomb off the tee, but the face was so shallow it was a little scary out of the rough. im hoping these mashies have a deep face.

Wow so I got the backorder email from Blind9 but just got a tracking email today that they shipped. Clicked the tracking # and they were delivered today and actually shipped out last friday! So excited! I would leave work early and say I'm "sick" but I really am sick and don't feel well enough to go to the range. Karma for past times I guess :( I did order both my mashies with the 83g X flex shaft.

Good for you man! Enjoy them!

I'm dying over here though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit the Mashie today. It was fantastic. I didn't have to over swing the club to get fantastic results. I seemed to working a draw today. I like how small the head is. It compared the Mashie to the Callaway Razr hybrid. The Mashie was by far the more attractive of the two.

Got the mashies out of the box and fell in love with the look! Very nice finish and the offset doesn't really bother me (only thing I was worried about). I threw them on the swingweight scale and they came out at D5 and D6. I am not a fan of any super light grips as I find them to be very soft and wear out extremely fast. Interesting to note that they put 5 layers of tape under the right hand and one on the left hand. Effectively removing any taper. I put my normal amount of wraps 4 right hand and 2 left and installed a lamkin gen3 that matches my irons. I held the club and noticed right away that something felt off. The grip felt smaller than normal. I looked up the specs and completely missed the specs on the butt diameter for the 83g shaft. It is .590 vs .650. I will have to add more tape tomorrow to get it up to normal feel. The clubs now swingweight at D3 with the normal grips. Cant wait to swing them tomorrow.

1st day on the course with my M3, used it I think 4-5 times, just love the feel and sound when its struck solid, hit 2/3 fairways off the tee. If only I only could have putted with it for two holes, I think I coulda done a lot better than 8 putts inside a combined total of 30 feet (yikes) lol.

T minus 1.5 days to Mashie time!!

Man I haven't gotten my email from Blind9 yet saying my M2 shipped but the M3 already in my filthy mits is just a beast, it is probably right now the most used club in the bag.

Played my new Mashies today in a simulator.

I found good distance with the M4 running 190-210 and the M2 210-225. Clean contact and very little ball motion either direction.
Once, I found I needed to pull some distance off the M2 because of a downhill 220 shot and was able to put a gentle cut on it without loosing control (oh the things you ONLY attempt on a simulator and not in real life).

I made my living today with killer second shots off of crappy drives. I also used the M2 off the tee a couple times with reasonable success.
Overall I was very impressed with the first go around. I will give them a little more respect when it happens on the course and not on a simulator but I will be VERY excited for that day to come. So far they are living up to my first impressions at the THP outing!

Played my new Mashies today in a simulator.

I found good distance with the M4 running 190-210 and the M2 210-225. Clean contact and very little ball motion either direction.
Once, I found I needed to pull some distance off the M2 because of a downhill 220 shot and was able to put a gentle cut on it without loosing control (oh the things you ONLY attempt on a simulator and not in real life).

I made my living today with killer second shots off of crappy drives. I also used the M2 off the tee a couple times with reasonable success.
Overall I was very impressed with the first go around. I will give them a little more respect when it happens on the course and not on a simulator but I will be VERY excited for that day to come. So far they are living up to my first impressions at the THP outing!

Great stuff Gus, those are great numbers with the M4.

Great stuff Gus, those are great numbers with the M4.

I was pretty shocked. There were several downhill holes in the 200 range that I flew with the M4. I will attribute that much more to the downhill than my natural swing.

I am hoping for the M4 to be my 185-195 club and then my M2 to be 215-225 and finally my 3w in the 235-245 range. I would want to see the distances on the course before I got to caught up on the M4 being a 210 club

btw for those who have the 15.5, what is your opinion on the face height? i had a TEE xcg3 16* hybrid last year that i could bomb off the tee, but the face was so shallow it was a little scary out of the rough. im hoping these mashies have a deep face.

The Mashie has a deep face. I love mine. I have the tour, which is smaller, and it still has a deep enough face. 100% trust this club already.

The Mashie has a deep face. I love mine. I have the tour, which is smaller, and it still has a deep enough face. 100% trust this club already.

Wait, there is a tour version of the mashie?

Last edited:
One more day and it will be Mashie Time again! My M1 is coming in tomorrow via UPS. I cannot wait to throw the 3w out of the bag and put the trustworthy Mashie in.

Two more days until I can get to try these out. Im excited. Really looking forward to hitting the M1 and M3

So jealous lol. Mine should be here within a week I believe. I'm hoping my pop's gets his too soon!

One more day and it will be Mashie Time again! My M1 is coming in tomorrow via UPS. I cannot wait to throw the 3w out of the bag and put the trustworthy Mashie in.

Look forward to hearing more about the M1's that people are getting. Im tempted to just get all forms of Mashie and plug and play as needed.

OEM you could just go with the M1-MPW set. Wait they don't have that out yet. HAHA

OEM you could just go with the M1-MPW set. Wait they don't have that out yet. HAHA

lol I do admit to having thoughts late at night about the M1... :alien:

Back