Washing your clubs

merged with another thread on the subject.

I have one of those $2 dual-material brushes that clips to my bag, so I give most of my irons a quick brushing before a round. Last summer, I was pretty diligent about really cleaning my clubs weekly. It was easier when the sun was out later, and it wasn't cold on the back patio. I'd bust out the 5-gallon bucket and pour a bit of simple green or a carwash detergent in there and mix with a gallon of water or so. Grab a beer, soak the clubheads and then scrub and wipe clean. I'll probably give my clubs a good scrub before the season gets into full swing.

I'm not as neurotic as I should be. But I'm very paritcular about the grooves in my Wedges. I've got a groove cleaner/sharpener. I clean the grooves of my 9,pw,gw,sw every week on Wednesdays. (Iplay on Thursdays and Fridays)
I sharpen the grooves on my PW and GW maybe once every two month or so.

I also like to keep a couple of broken tees in my pocket while I'm on the course. I use them for short par 3s and the broken end is great to clean out grooves on the course. It's got "fibers" that help get inside the grooves.

I clean the grooves during my round and I do a deep clean whenever my white grips aren't white anymore........haha

grips about once a month, grooves on my wedges and irons before almost every shot. A friend gave me a really neat little brush that fits in my pocket and collapses to cover the brush tips. I've never been able to find another to buy a back up though....so I'm pretty particular about putting it back in my bag after every round or range outing!!

I must be lazy. I'll just wipe and brush them down after a round with a wet towell so I have clean clubfaces on all the clubs. I just make sure I don't hit a ball against a dirty club. Once a year or so I'll fill a bucket and go after the grips with a brush.

I'm not as neurotic as I should be. But I'm very paritcular about the grooves in my Wedges. I've got a groove cleaner/sharpener. I clean the grooves of my 9,pw,gw,sw every week on Wednesdays. (Iplay on Thursdays and Fridays)
I sharpen the grooves on my PW and GW maybe once every two month or so.

I also like to keep a couple of broken tees in my pocket while I'm on the course. I use them for short par 3s and the broken end is great to clean out grooves on the course. It's got "fibers" that help get inside the grooves.

Will a groove sharpener ever end up wearing your grooves down to nothing?

I try to clean them as they get dirty. I forgot my golf towel yesterday and was out of sorts! Every once in a while I will give all the clubs a good soapy wash. I have a grip cleaner tool, but my Iomic grips don't seem to get as dirty for some reason.

I'll clean them ever few rounds, unless it was a muddy day, then I'll clean them up that evening.

I hate dirty clubs! I have friends who rarely wash thier clubs. I wipe them down after every shot and brush the grooves, and then fully clean them after every round. I like the look and feel of clean clubs!

wipe down after each shot, and clean them with soapy water after one or two rounds, depending on how dirty they are.

Tees just get licked clean. My balls...um.... nevermind.

I clean after every round. I even clean clubs that I may not have used that round!

I clean mine when they are dirty. Almost every shot a quick wipe down.

I keep my grooves clean. Wash clubs and grips every couple weeks or so. I should clean them more often, but as long as the grooves are clean, I'm good.

I give them a good wash after every round. They are only new so i want to keep them as clean as possible.

I just make sure that my grooves are clean before each shot - that is really the only thing that matters.....

wipe down after each shot, and clean them with soapy water after one or two rounds, depending on how dirty they are.

Tees just get licked clean. My balls...um.... nevermind.

You can not be playing golf with dirty balls man :nono:! It is essential to keep your balls clean at all times :thumb: Actually I probably keep my balls cleaner than my clubs, but that's a personal thing.

I clean clubs and grips every 4-5 rounds in season. Question on grips, with the prices of grips going up so high, considering letting my grips I put on the irons stay one more season. Thoughts?

I normally wash my club heads after every round. I use an old toothbrush and get all the mud/grass stains off the bottom and out of the grooves (thank you hitting down on the ball). Very pretty and shiny when I'm done washing them.

I clean my irons after every shot and once a week I take all my clubs in the house and give them a good washing. If I play in the rain then I bring all the clubs in after the round and dry them off so they wont rust and give them a cleaning at the same time.

I wipe off the heads after every shot, sometimes scrub with a nylong brush. I also wash them off after or before every round I go out. I get a little obsessive about it, but I really do enjoy clean clubs.

I haven't washed my grips yet, because I never knew the proper way to do so.

Basically what I wanted to say to A T. I am obsessive about such things but I never play with dirty clubs!! (or balls...)

I try to after every round but sometimes my mind is somewhere else or I just forget.. But I do wipe them after every shot so they're never super dirty.

i wipe mine down after every shot, just a quick wipe with the towel will get everything off if you do it every shot, doesnt slow down play. When i get home i wash every club with a nylon brush and warm water, keeps them looking new cause i hate looking at dirty clubs. I clean grips every 3 weeks. My mizzys still look new after 7 months of play.

I clean the grooves after every shot and wipe down after every round. I paid enough for them I should keep them clean.

Back