It was quite amusing reading earlier posts regarding 7-11 not carrying alcohol and certain states not selling anything on Sundays. In Australia in built up suburban areas there is basically a drive in bottle shop every 10 mins of driving. I still find the concept of a drive in bottle shop a little odd. Sure... Its illegal to drink and drive... Why is it that we need 3 or 4 drive in bottle shops in every suburb.

I'd like to think i have a pretty good pallette when it comes to tasting. Ive been apart of several blind tastings- mostly local microbrew competitions here in cols... For competition u can hardly beat fresh draft beer... Bottle conditioned beer is a good 2nd but far inferior even across the same batch (I.e. 1/2 carbonated in the keg, 1/2 in the bottle). It's noticeable to a discernible taster.

As far as cans goo- if im drinking the ol standby lite, or pbr!, cans are efficient- stay colder than bottle IMO, and easier to drink out of (faster) than a bottle.. I hate drinking out of a bottle- a glass on the other hand is ok...but the simplicity of cans is hard to beat lol.

I've never tasted "tin" in my cans tho.. - what brand was it? Could have been some inferior storage methods by the supplier too. Warm cold warm cold etc. Cycling isn't great for beer

Just my opinions anyway

It was Bud and Bud Light.

I am wanting to try this, I like Blue Moon, but a local bewery here in Bloomington has a wheat beer and it is the best I have ever tasted.

images

I'm Danish after all.

Other than that the occasional Corona if it's hot.

Victoia Bitter... My drink of choice.

Yes its true. Australian's dont actually drink Fosters.

Either do any Americans I know.

I could use 2 of each the last 7 beers listed right about now....

I could use 2 of each the last 7 beers listed right about now....

I'm with you on this one, but it's only 8:40 ish right now.......lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I'm with you on this one, but it's only 8:40 ish right now.......lol

Haha well it's closer to 5 o'clock somewhere, where I am than where you are!

Haha well it's closer to 5 o'clock somewhere, where I am than where you are!

Haha, very true. For me, once it hits noon I'm golden.

images

I'm Danish after all.

Other than that the occasional Corona if it's hot.
They sell this one at my local butcher, haven't given it a try, but have always wanted to. They also have Stella in these huge champagne shaped bottles.

Well it's noon, and I'm home watching golf, time for a Coors light......i kno i kno, it's all I got right now!!

Originally Posted by Azza
Victoia Bitter... My drink of choice.

Yes its true. Australian's dont actually drink Fosters.
Either do any Americans I know.

Yeah i didnt really think you would. Its just that whenever you see any Australian beer advertised on American television its always a Fosters. I think it might have started back in the Paul Hogan, Crocodile Dundee days.

CFML.

I have a couple Young's Double Chocolates in the fridge, but I'm going for quantity not quality. Long day.

Been drinking Star Hill for the past 2 weeks here and there. Not bad

Enjoying a nice Sam Adams right now.

New Glarus Brewing Co. Spotted Cow

Steamwhistle with supper... great local beer in Ontario

Killians Irish Red

Shocktop in hopes of spring and warm weather!

I enjoy Fat tire by New Belgium, made in Colorado. It's a delicious full flavor amber ale and it is on tap at my favorite golf course, Paiute in Las Vegas! Another beer I really like is Spitfire (UK) but it a bit hard to find in the US. For the summer, we have great Hefeweisen here in Utah, tasty and 3.2, like Golden Spike from Uinta brewery.

Hawk I think Ive had this before if I remember correctly and it's awesome.

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat has been my choice lately though.

CFML.

I have a couple Young's Double Chocolates in the fridge, but I'm going for quantity not quality. Long day.

I could go for a few of those right now!

Yup me too - the beer and the weather haha - unfortunately I don't have both....

Back