Pure Grips Booth PGA Show 2011

Gotcha, cool.
Thanks

Are all 4 colors going to be available in all 5 types? Pure Pro Red grips sound like my next set :)

JB which model of their grips have you tried? Or is that a "duh...all of them!!" kinda thing? lol

Are all 4 colors going to be available in all 5 types? Pure Pro Red grips sound like my next set :)

JB which model of their grips have you tried? Or is that a "duh...all of them!!" kinda thing? lol

All of them for the review.

I dont know which of the new styles will be available in what colors.

received this on my twitter page from Pure Grips in regards to the new colors...

"Work in progress my friend!Should launch in April, color/style/paint color combinations are still TBD, should be sweet!"

After reading the review, I purchased a set of the Pure Grip Pure Wrap Greens and the gun. I had no issue on the first couple but on 2 others the grip seemed to bubble. I completed the rest of my clubs and decided to email pure grips about the bubble issue. I immediately received a reply from Michael Smith: Jack,

Thanks for the email. This a common occurrence for new users of the gun, generally it’s caused by gripping the grip to tight with the left hand. It comes easier with use. We use between 50-70psi.

Send me your mailing addy and I will get you the replacement grips sent out at no charge. The warranty covers that also. Thanks again Jack for the comments also.

[FONT=&quot]Michael Smith[/FONT]

I received the replacement grips in 2 days FedEx. And yes I remember gripping too hard. I also suggested to Michael that Pure Grips should sell hats! Couple days later I received 2 hats from him! If the above isn't great customer support I don't know what is.

The quality and feel of these grips are very nice and I'm sure I'll be sticking with Pure Grips for my wife (she like golfergal likes the black/red soft wrap) and myself in the future. Nice Job Pure Grips! and thanks to THP for the initial review.

Last edited:
After reading the review, I purchased a set of the Pure Grip Pure Wrap Greens and the gun. I had no issue on the first couple but on 2 others the grip seemed to bubble. I completed the rest of my clubs and decided to email pure grips about the bubble issue. I immediately received a reply from Michael Smith: Jack,

Thanks for the email. This a common occurrence for new users of the gun, generally it’s caused by gripping the grip to tight with the left hand. It comes easier with use. We use between 50-70psi.

Send me your mailing addy and I will get you the replacement grips sent out at no charge. The warranty covers that also. Thanks again Jack for the comments also.

[FONT=&quot]Michael Smith[/FONT]

I received the replacement grips in 2 days FedEx. And yes I remember gripping too hard. I also suggested to Michael that Pure Grips should sell hats! Couple days later I received 2 hats from him! If the above isn't great customer support I don't know what is.

The quality and feel of these grips are very nice and I'm sure I'll be sticking with Pure Grips for my wife (she like golfergal likes the black/red soft wrap) and myself in the future. Nice Job Pure Grips! and thanks to THP for the initial review.

That is great customer service! As you can tell by what I have posted in the Pure Grip threads, I love this system. I have used it on pure grips and on a few others. The system works great, once you get the hang of it, its incredibly easy.

finally got the chance to replace my grips over the weekend and we used JB's Pure gun to install the new grips. He's got it down to a science and it is much, much cleaner than traditional ways of putting grips on. The best part was that I was hitting my irons no more than 30 minutes later. If I had the space in my current place, I'd seriously consider going that route.

Thanks again for that JB, it was pretty cool.

finally got the chance to replace my grips over the weekend and we used JB's Pure gun to install the new grips. He's got it down to a science and it is much, much cleaner than traditional ways of putting grips on. The best part was that I was hitting my irons no more than 30 minutes later. If I had the space in my current place, I'd seriously consider going that route.

Thanks again for that JB, it was pretty cool.

Which one of the grips did you go with?

I put a PURE red on my driver and I went with another brand on my irons.

Nice, I have the pure yellow on all my stuff and really like them alot.

Nice, I have the pure yellow on all my stuff and really like them alot.

I really like the grips to be honest. I like the yellows, but prefer the reds. I have the reds on my driver and 3w.

I really like the grips to be honest. I like the yellows, but prefer the reds. I have the reds on my driver and 3w.

I am not much of a tour wrap style fan. I heard they are coming out with new colors in the velvet style.

I am not much of a tour wrap style fan. I heard they are coming out with new colors in the velvet style.

I'd be all over those then. I like my velvet style.

I'd be all over those then. I like my velvet style.

The question is: Would you rock a black and pink velvet style grip? :alien:

i have the orange mid-size. i love these grips, easy to install, perfect tackiness. hopefully we will see a few different mid-size styles though a mid-size pro would be nice:D

If one wanted to move to a version of the pure grip, and one had been using GP dual-comps, what version of grip should said person try 1st that might be similar?

As I posted in this other thread, I regripped my clubs last weekend using my new Pure Grips gun along with a set of the PG green grips.

Now that I've got a few rounds in with them, I figured I'd follow up a bit.

First of all, as advertised, putting these grips on your clubs is extremely simple with the air gun. Tape or no, the grips slide right on and are easy to align. It's also easy to stretch the grip to the desired thickness (or thinness if there is such a word!) Once I got the hang of the installation technique, it literally took me about 10 seconds per grip. It was actually fun to change my grips!

On the course, I was initially a bit apprehensive because I've mainly used "velvet" style grips on my clubs, and the PG greens are a "perforated wrap" style grip. After just a few swings on the range I was used to the new feel and it was no longer an issue. The Green grips are a medium firmness grip, which felt just right to me. The 100% rubber does have a bit of a different feel on a bare hand than a composite grip, but again, it's easy to get used to. The tackiness with my glove is where this grip stood out, as there was much more stick than most new grips that I've tried in the past. At some times it almost felt as if my glove had bonded to the grip and I had to peel the club out of my hand after the shot. I really do enjoy the feel of these grips quite a bit.

It was a cool, dry day, so moisture and perspiration weren't a factor. No signs of wear so far, but I'll be sure to give a durability update as the year goes on. As of now, the quality seems to be right on par with other grips that are in the same price range.

Overall I'm really pleased with the Pure Grip system so far. I wish there were more colors and styles available, but that is something that should change over time.

Off with the old:
45928534-fadc-3e65.jpg
45928534-faf2-05f0.jpg

On with the new:
45928534-fb03-cabb.jpg
45928534-fb16-f575.jpg

I play the Pure yellow grips on all my clubs (except putter), definitely can't complain about the performance. They work great for me!

Now I see that the greens are "wrap" style grips, but can you actually feel the wrap like you could on a baseball bat grip? Or is it more for looks since its all one solid piece? My current grips on my Bridgestone's have been eating my middle finger for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; so I'm looking for some softer, tackier grips that won't feed on my blood >.< but I hate the feel of the old tour wrap grips. I love the look of the pure pro's, but they look exactly like the ones that are chewing up my hands atm, so a little slow to pull the trigger..plus I wanna see the new colors :)

Now I see that the greens are "wrap" style grips, but can you actually feel the wrap like you could on a baseball bat grip? Or is it more for looks since its all one solid piece? My current grips on my Bridgestone's have been eating my middle finger for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; so I'm looking for some softer, tackier grips that won't feed on my blood >.< but I hate the feel of the old tour wrap grips. I love the look of the pure pro's, but they look exactly like the ones that are chewing up my hands atm, so a little slow to pull the trigger..plus I wanna see the new colors :)

Yeah, you'll feel the slight grooves of the "wrap", but it also has the "fuller" feel of a rubber slide-on grip. Since the Pure's are a slide-on tube, they obviously won't wear along the creases, or fray like an acutal grip that you have to wrap onto the club. So in that respect they are much better feeling and way more durable.

Hope that made sense!

I got used to it pretty quickly, as I had never really used a wrap style before either.

I had to see a video of how this works. Here it is for the curious souls like myself.

it really is that easy too!! I picked up a small 3 gallon air compressor over the winter and purchased the grips and gun. I've used the air gun to install other types of grips too.

Would a 1 gallon air compressor be enough to do a set of grips? Or would you need a 3 gallon?

Back