The Official 2011 NFL Draft Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know we have some on here that are really interested in the draft like myself. Heck I think I pay more attention to this and recruiting than I do the NFL anymore...hehe.

This is the thread to talk draft so that we dont crowd the big game and the 2010 NFL thread. Been doing a lot of research on this one (for some reason I cannot identify) and like this deep class a lot.

That's all well and good, but who do you have going at #1?

• Admin
If I had to say right now, I would go with Bowers. He is the best pure pass rusher in the class most believe and they need that help badly.

If I had to say right now, I would go with Bowers. He is the best pure pass rusher in the class most believe and they need that help badly.

yeah, It's just not the exciting pick. Maybe we can suck again in 2011 and get Luck next year. That would be ideal.

On pure talent, it would have to be Nick Fairley going #1. I personally don't like him because I percieve him to be a dirty player. Just google Nick Fairley dirty player and see if you agree.

On pure talent, it would have to be Nick Fairley going #1. I personally don't like him because I percieve him to be a dirty player. Just google Nick Fairley dirty player and see if you agree.

haha, I would agree with you. I just don't see the Panthers going with a DE, they need a DT more, but then again, JB picked the first 25 picks in last years draft perfectly.

• Admin

Pure talent does not always win out with the early picks though. I agree that Nick is a beast, but if the selections were today (and they are not) Carolina would pass on him.

I also think if it was based on pure talent only Green would be the first pick in the draft.

That's all well and good, but who do you have going at #1?

I've said from the beginning and still say it will be Bowers from Clemson.

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I've said from the beginning and still say it will be Bowers from Clemson.

Yeah, but you are a Jets fan, lol

I hope he's good if he goes at that spot.

Yeah, but you are a Jets fan, lol

I hope he's good if he goes at that spot.

Really, Carolina should trade down but since there's no clear cut #1 pick this year they'll have to stay there. Maybe Fairley has an insane workout but I think Bowers can do more in Rivera's defense than Fairley can

Really, Carolina should trade down but since there's no clear cut #1 pick this year they'll have to stay there. Maybe Fairley has an insane workout but I think Bowers can do more in Rivera's defense than Fairley can

It would be almost impossible (as of right now) to trade down with the way the labor talks are.

I love the draft. As a Cowboy fan it was all I could think about this year. I think Fairley should be the number 1 pick but I don't think he will be. I think Peterson is right behind him in talent though. I'm hoping he falls to the Cowboys but I will take Prince

Pure talent does not always win out with the early picks though. I agree that Nick is a beast, but if the selections were today (and they are not) Carolina would pass on him.

I also think if it was based on pure talent only Green would be the first pick in the draft.

With me being a Bulldog fan it is obvious that I admire Green's talent, I just lean to picking a defensive beast if the opportunity presents itself.

I just hope that Carolina does not waste their pick on a QB or something of that nature. I think the DT position is a good choice and a safer choice. They then can find a veteran QB that can maintain things and teach the young QB's they have how to make it in the NFL.

Where do you think Von Miller will end up JB?

Just a guestimate here, I know you can't predict the future.

He is a 3-4 guy so that will be needed/wanted (I believe) for him to be successful. However with his Senior Bowl appearance he is moving up boards. I think he will be the first OLB selected and could go as high as 5 depending on where the first QB gets picked or he could drop all the way to about 12. The kid from UCLA (other top OLB right now) and the kid from UGA are also 1st round prospects right now, but are a little below him.

I would expect someone will trade up to grab him if he falls below 7th or so.

without Andrew Luck in the draft this year, can anyone really believe that Blaine Gabbert from Mizzou is the best QB right now? He needs to send Luck a big 'thank you' check after he gets signed.

Carolina should trade the pick away. It won't happen as JB said.

Talking about the draft is sad in a way, it might be the last bit of football we have until this labor agreement is hashed out.

When does the CFL start up again, eh?

Talking about the draft is sad in a way, it might be the last bit of football we have until this labor agreement is hashed out.

I agree man, this talk just makes me sad, it also means that my sundays are going to have to be spent with my wife or something...haha, I kid

If there is a lock out, hold out, whatever you want to call it, I won't watch another game of NFL football, at least not on purpose. I hate stuff like this.

I'm more into college football anyway, I probably watch 5 times as much college as I do pro.

yeah, It's just not the exciting pick. Maybe we can suck again in 2011 and get Luck next year. That would be ideal.

that announcement had to just crush you guys. im pretty floored myself with luck's decision. To turn down that kinda money... and risk another year in college.. with a new coach... thats some cahonas.

that announcement had to just crush you guys. im pretty floored myself with luck's decision. To turn down that kinda money... and risk another year in college.. with a new coach... thats some cahonas.

I think it did crush some spirits in this area. I think it was a dumb choice on his part, but I guess he didn't want to come to Charlotte. (It is not that bad of a place). I guess he didn't think, that he could get stuck in Buffalo next year! HAHA

Figured this could be draft/Combine thread?

I did not know Ryan mallett had drug problems. Saw something that some people wouldnt be surprised if he failed the combine drug test. That could hurt his stock a lot. If he fails it, would he even get drafted? Im not sure how all that works.

Back