TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Review Thread

don't you find yourself not even noticing the screw after a little bit? I know I do/did
I brought some of these into work today to show some of my co workers what they look like. They were all just stunned at how awesome the look. Not one of the commented in a negative way about the screw. They actually all quite liked it

Well, I had to jump off THP pretty quickly about an hour ago and there was a reason. I just got through watching Jeff Overton blow up his playoff hole and quite frankly I needed to go blow off some steam. I knew there was only one thing that was going to calm me down and get Overtons loss out of my head and that was hit these babies. So, I headed out my the driving range I frequent to get it done. Its funny because I have hit these clubs quite a bit but it seemed like I couldnt get ot the driving range soon enough.

I bought a large bucket so I could kind of go through every iron and really get a feel for what I am working with. I started with the PW and aim just in between the 125 and 150, my range with the PW is 135 and I was nailing my target. I did this all the way to the 3 iron and my results with the 3 and 4 were not as consistant which is normal because these are clubs that I never really hit prior to getting these. But, overall my shot dispersion was very consistant as I found myself landing the ball in the same vicinity every time. Dont get me wrong, some were off, but I noticed it wasnt because of the club, its because I was just banging away and not doing my pre shot routine.

I noticed the same thing, the sound of the iron is just crisp as you have heard. This leads to just a great feeling club. The ball flight was nice and high so my ball was landing softly. After a bucket I used to be sweating and pretty tried, but I am noticing that because these irons are so effortless, I felt great afterwards. The more time that I am spending with these clubs the more I am falling in love.

The more I'm around you and you hitting these clubs, I'm falling in love too.

Well, I had to jump off THP pretty quickly about an hour ago and there was a reason. I just got through watching Jeff Overton blow up his playoff hole and quite frankly I needed to go blow off some steam. I knew there was only one thing that was going to calm me down and get Overtons loss out of my head and that was hit these babies. So, I headed out my the driving range I frequent to get it done. Its funny because I have hit these clubs quite a bit but it seemed like I couldnt get ot the driving range soon enough.

I bought a large bucket so I could kind of go through every iron and really get a feel for what I am working with. I started with the PW and aim just in between the 125 and 150, my range with the PW is 135 and I was nailing my target. I did this all the way to the 3 iron and my results with the 3 and 4 were not as consistant which is normal because these are clubs that I never really hit prior to getting these. But, overall my shot dispersion was very consistant as I found myself landing the ball in the same vicinity every time. Dont get me wrong, some were off, but I noticed it wasnt because of the club, its because I was just banging away and not doing my pre shot routine.

I noticed the same thing, the sound of the iron is just crisp as you have heard. This leads to just a great feeling club. The ball flight was nice and high so my ball was landing softly. After a bucket I used to be sweating and pretty tried, but I am noticing that because these irons are so effortless, I felt great afterwards. The more time that I am spending with these clubs the more I am falling in love.

Great write up! I like how you say they are effortless. That's a great quality!

Great write up! I like how you say they are effortless. That's a great quality!

thanks buddy, I agree, its a great quality. Its something I never knew because I was always swinging away. One real positive thing about them being effortless that I have failed to mention is that I am finding the sweat spot more often

Great write up One-T, you know its a great iron when people watching you hit them are falling in love with them.

thanks buddy, I agree, its a great quality. Its something I never knew because I was always swinging away. One real positive thing about them being effortless that I have failed to mention is that I am finding the sweat spot more often

And that's even better! Sweet spot=great shots. You guys are making it hard not too love these. Line to hit these bad boys at the Outing will begin behind me!

Great write up One-T, you know its a great iron when people watching you hit them are falling in love with them.

thanks bro, I would have to agree with you 100%

And that's even better! Sweet spot=great shots. You guys are making it hard not too love these. Line to hit these bad boys at the Outing will begin behind me!

Well, I will have them ready and available to hit!

One-T you have really done an awesome job on your reviews! TaylorMade is rocking some cool equipment this season for sure :golf2:. After watching Setho & RxGus hit their TM irons, there is no doubt these puppies are going to be a hot seller this year :clapp:

One-T you have really done an awesome job on your reviews! TaylorMade is rocking some cool equipment this season for sure :golf2:. After watching Setho & RxGus hit their TM irons, there is no doubt these puppies are going to be a hot seller this year :clapp:

thank you Gray! I really think TM has done a great job with these!

Glad to hear you got another shot with them today, One-T. I'm hoping to get some more time on the range this weekend.

Check that. Range time for the weekend has been confirmed, along with a simulator round. Woooot.

I hope to get some time with these this weekend too.. hehehehe

Check that. Range time for the weekend has been confirmed, along with a simulator round. Woooot.
sweet buddy! Its hard to go more than 2 days not hitting these clubs. they just beg to be hit

I hope to get some time with these this weekend too.. hehehehe

I hope you do too, I wanna hear more of your thoughts on these.

edit: oops, I forgot to go to the good morning thread to say good morning before I posted

Thats ok bro I didnt good morning everyone either and I never do. It will be a good morning when I wake up and see green grass and its warm outside. Anyway, looking like Saturday is indoor range time with Hanks and golf4life. I plan on sneaking some swings in with these again.

Thats ok bro I didnt good morning everyone either and I never do. It will be a good morning when I wake up and see green grass and its warm outside. Anyway, looking like Saturday is indoor range time with Hanks and golf4life. I plan on sneaking some swings in with these again.

sweet...let me know the big difference from the MC and the CB

we may have to play Pebble or something to see how accurate these irons really are....

we may have to play Pebble or something to see how accurate these irons really are....

Played there a few times, its nice. Good test of club workability.

Hanks/Hawk,

I know you guys have been testing a lot of clubs and I was wondering is there a huge adjustment period for these clubs? I hope I didn't skim that.

One T, I apologize if I missed this but going from the CG7's to the CB's are you noticing a distance change? I know I read in the MC thread there was some distance loss (not a bad thing).

Hanks/Hawk,

I know you guys have been testing a lot of clubs and I was wondering is there a huge adjustment period for these clubs? I hope I didn't skim that.

One T, I apologize if I missed this but going from the CG7's to the CB's are you noticing a distance change? I know I read in the MC thread there was some distance loss (not a bad thing).

good question buddy! I have not noticed a distance loss, they are pretty spot on with my CG7's. I think the major difference that I have seen in the change is that the CB's are just a little less forgiving but it is much easier to produce good results. I have slowed my swing down, focused on good contact and the club is getting the ball to the spot I am aiming at.

Par 3, I think it was playing 180-185, JB or TC can correct me if I am wrong, I took a 6 iron and landed my ball about 10 feet in front of the flag. The greens were hard and not accepting golf balls very well, so I ended up on the back of the green. So, I was VERY pleased with where the ball landed, but not the outcome

Back