TheDonald

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently talked to a club fitter and hit a few balls. He stated my launch angle
is about 14 and that an ideal launch is 21. He suggested I get high launch shafts
installed in my irons. Does this sound legit or am I just being sold a product I don't really need?

Also on people's profiles some have the clubs they use listed, how do I do that?

I recently talked to a club fitter and hit a few balls. He stated my launch angle
is about 14 and that an ideal launch is 21. He suggested I get high launch shafts
installed in my irons. Does this sound legit or am I just being sold a product I don't really need?

Also on people's profiles some have the clubs they use listed, how do I do that?

First welcome to THP, you should head over to the check in desk and introduce yourself. After 10 posts you can go to your settings and the signature tab will open up so you can set it up. What club were you hitting? With out knowing what club you were hitting the launch numbers mean nothng.

14's a little low but not crazy low. Instead of new shafts you could get new irons with a lower center of gravity with the same shafts you have now and get a better launch angle. If you really like your heads and want to get new shafts the Nippon NS Pro 8950GH Taper Tip Iron Shaft would be something to look at. I don't think he's just trying to sell you something you don't need.

I would make him prove it on a launch monitor before I drop any jack on new shafts.

I agree with almost everyone here, make sure he shows you the info. the numbers dont seem crazy but it will take thought

I was told today that my launch angle should be around 14. Cuz of my head spead isn't too fast. And that I should go with stiff shafts on my drivers and fairways to help. I hit the Taylormade Burner 2.0 Superfast 255 carry then wound up with 280 after the roll.

14* is pretty low for a 6 iron, at least imo, but then again it could be more of a reflection of your swing as opposed to the shafts. It's really hard to give advice without seeing your swing and such.

Back