Wooden tees or plastic?

Claire,
We are just glad you are here and that you are enjoying yourself. And let us be honest. Isnt this all of our "baby"?

I use what ever I grab from my bag. I will find the occasional plastic tee, and then use that until I break it with my massive swing speed. (what can I say, sometimes I hit, and they become dust:banana:)

But really, I use the plastic tee until I lose it, and I use broken wodden tees for par 3's and such. If I can't find any I reach in my pocket. None there? It's off to the bag.

I started using a Brush Tee and like it alot. Same set up every time. I have 3 different sizes. I also use wood for my irons.

Yeah but he works from home most of the time and it's his baby, so 300 is actually low....

pretty much nowadays..

As House would say.. What the Freud are you talking about :p

I use a plastic wedge tee. The darn thing's indestructible!

Trees? What have they ever done for me except get between my ball and the green? :D

Yeah, I use wood tees.

I use a plastic tee with my driver and broken tees I find on the box for everything else. I really like the "epoch" plastic tees. They work nicely and don't break very often.

I use a plastic tee with my driver and broken tees I find on the box for everything else. I really like the "epoch" plastic tees. They work nicely and don't break very often.

Yep, I have been playing with the same epoch tee for 7 rounds now. It just won't break, plus the 10 little tees for par 3's or non driver par 4's are great.

Yep, I have been playing with the same epoch tee for 7 rounds now. It just won't break, plus the 10 little tees for par 3's or non driver par 4's are great.

Yea, I like the little ones for my FW woods. I always forget them on the tee box though. I only seem to break one when it is really cold out and they are brittle. Other than that, they will last for a long time.

This is a really old thread, almost all of the early posters said they use wooden tees, I think most are now using plastic, I don't see nearly the broken tees at the course that I used to see.

Wooden tees. If I have short tees around, I'll use them for irons off the tee, otherwise I have some long tees that I use for everything.

Yeah, wow... this thread was on a three year hiatus! ... I use wooden tees for par threes and plastic Zero Friction tees for the rest. Those ZF tees last forever!

Amen...Epoch tees are hands down the best tees I have ever used...I havent broken one yet, played all of last season and used three tees and thats only because I couldnt locate it after i hit my shot.

wood tees

I use long 3 1/4 in wooden tees for the driver and short 2 1/4 in wooden tees 9or broken long ones) for the irons or hybrid tee shots.I have used and do like the brush tees also.

Plastic. I break wooden tees every time and they always leave that nasty little paint streak on the sole of my clubs.
Plastic tees tend to last me at least a few rounds and ven when I bend one, I simply bend it back so its somewhat straight and keep using it.

Ive changed over to the zero friction tees about midway through last year when I ran out of wooden ones. I break a tee every time I tee off with an iron, and prolly 75% of the time with a driver. Before I switched to the ZF I'd prolly break 15-16 wood tees a round.

My home course sells and I only use, biodegradable tees made from corn. Been using them for years. They are just about unbreakable as well.

My home course sells and I only use, biodegradable tees made from corn. Been using them for years. They are just about unbreakable as well.

i actually think i saw these when i played down in carmel last year, im in central indiana, i saw they said biodegradable but i didnt see what they were made from, may as well be corn we have enough to go around lol

Wooden NON painted tees. Bought a bag of red and black tees once because those are my High school colors. My driver face has all these little red and black marks that take forever to scrub off.

Wood only.

I'm not as concerned about which one folks use but why you choose to use the ones you do. Something about the feel if a wooden tee when putting it into the ground. Just feels sturdier. On the flip side I hate the marks that it puts on my driver and that they break pretty much every shot.

I just stick with the traditional wood tee. I however never use a tee on par 3's. I know, I know, the say tee it up when ever you can, but I just feel the shot like its in the fairway 150 out and hit it like that.

Back