5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Weighed in today..... 237.6 Feels so good right now. Only another 10 lbs and Ill have hit my goal. But I plan to keep going and try to reach 40 lbs lost by the outing.

Weighed in today..... 237.6 Feels so good right now. Only another 10 lbs and Ill have hit my goal. But I plan to keep going and try to reach 40 lbs lost by the outing.

Yoccos - You are hanging tough good buddy! I am heading to the gym this morning for an hour mixing cardio with weights. I feel so much better physically being a gym junkie. It's cool how gym work not only helps you to feel better physically, it also helps with every day mental stress as well. It takes dedication to keep up the mojo. Make a schedule to go at least three times per week and your body & mind will thank you :thumb:

Thanks Gray! I tried typing something but I think I messed it up. I agree with you 100% on the mental and physical aspect. Been stressed out beyond belief the last month or so and the gym is really helping. Even gets me grounded for golf. I'm glad to see how much this is helping you. You've been a machine and it's highly motivating. Love that it's helping you in all aspects.

We've cut down from 5 days to at least 4 days min and 5th if we can but that 5th day will now be for a yoga class or something to break it up. Only one week did I only do 3 days but my body needed it haha.

Yoccos - You are hanging tough good buddy! I am heading to the gym this morning for an hour mixing cardio with weights. I feel so much better physically being a gym junkie. It's cool how gym work not only helps you to feel better physically, it also helps with every day mental stress as well. It takes dedication to keep up the mojo. Make a schedule to go at least three times per week and your body & mind will thank you :thumb:

I just want to go in here and say...do not let GG fool you. She is in great shape. She looks like she has put a lot of effort into reaching her goal.

I just want to go in here and say...do not let GG fool you. She is in great shape. She looks like she has put a lot of effort into reaching her goal.

Thank you! :smile: I am really trying. I have many set backs (like making JB cookies last night, why is cookie dough so good??) but I am also busting my butt at the gym so hopefully it will pay off.

I know diet is extremely important but there are times when the gym will trump whatever you're doing food wise. I know, I know. It's obviously not good when you're taking in more than you should but I think breaks from the routine help a lot. Maybe eating that cookie dough makes it so your body doesn't know what to expect? JB definitely helped in this case haha.

Great job GG. Between you and Gray, I'm suprised more people haven't lost more weight by just following what you all do in this thread!

Thank you! :smile: I am really trying. I have many set backs (like making JB cookies last night, why is cookie dough so good??) but I am also busting my butt at the gym so hopefully it will pay off.

You are setting the bar high champ! Keep up the great work and inspiration to all of us.

For the rest of us the time frame is getting smaller however it's never too late! It's only a couple months and a few days before the outing and I hope everyone is still forging ahead. It's ok if you lose your personal battle, but fight the fight to win the war. It's hard, it's grueling at times, but it's a stronger you when you look in the mirror.

Last edited:
Always remember, every diet allows for a cheat day! You have to cheat to shock your body.

Great words Gray.

I did try my first yoga class last night. More intense than I thought it was going to be. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great words Gray.

I did try my first yoga class last night. More intense than I thought it was going to be. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did my first yoga session the other day (lost a bet to my wife). She thought the extra stretching would help in my marathon training. Once you get past the initial learning curve on terms, it really is tough. My hips / legs were so sore the next day, it really is incredible how your own body weight can be used for exercise.

Props to anyone good at yoga.

Confession time for me. I'm in a slump with exercise and diet. I did bring a healthy lunch today and hope to get back on track soon. The scale is up a little but I'm not going to let it stay there. I am craving everything and eating way too much. It's amazing how these little cheats add up and turn right back into bad habits so fast.

Glad to see others kicking butt!!!

It is! I'm getting more sore as the day progresses. And to think I was worried my muscles wouldn't be challenged hahahaha. Hopefully we keep it up because I really see Yoga paying off.

I did my first yoga session the other day (lost a bet to my wife). She thought the extra stretching would help in my marathon training. Once you get past the initial learning curve on terms, it really is tough. My hips / legs were so sore the next day, it really is incredible how your own body weight can be used for exercise.

Props to anyone good at yoga.

Its aok KB! You will get back on it! Be strong!!!!! We have faith in you :)

Confession time for me. I'm in a slump with exercise and diet. I did bring a healthy lunch today and hope to get back on track soon. The scale is up a little but I'm not going to let it stay there. I am craving everything and eating way too much. It's amazing how these little cheats add up and turn right back into bad habits so fast.

I haven't posted here in a while. I put myself on a strict diet and upped the exercise. I really think that my new diet is working. Most of my clothes are much looser but I am waiting till the end of the week to step on the scale. Everyone seems to be doing great and this thread is a true inspiration for me. I love how encouraging every one is on THP.

We are in the same boat Kelly but we will beat this! Sometimes life just gets in the way and we have these set backs but I am confident we will reach our goals. I know it! :smile:

Great work everyone! You all inspire me to keep at my goals.

So I'm gonna throw a tip out there for everyone. Hot Pocket Sliders. These have equated to roughly half of my lunches and they are fantastic lol.

It's not a real tip but man, I'm loving them. The Buffalo Chicken is an absolute beast and the Cheeseburger doesn't fall too far behind.

So I'm gonna throw a tip out there for everyone. Hot Pocket Sliders. These have equated to roughly half of my lunches and they are fantastic lol.

It's not a real tip but man, I'm loving them. The Buffalo Chicken is an absolute beast and the Cheeseburger doesn't fall too far behind.

Sounds like the real deal meal :hungry:

Down 12 in 3 weeks. Training 6 days a week now. Eating better, lots of water.

Trying to get down 30 by outing time but not sure how body will respond, will take number I get with all the training.

Weigh-in is 204. Feel so much better and sleeping well.

Someone who I had not seen in a month noticed a change, felt like work was paying off. Onward...lots of work yet to do!

She really is, she's changed so much since I last saw her before their move. Keep up the hard work.

Nice work Biggsy. That's a good amount for sure and awesome you have that training going. Reminds me I need to start getting more water in me!!! I hope you get your goal man!

Trying to get down 30 by outing time but not sure how body will respond, will take number I get with all the training.

Someone who I had not seen in a month noticed a change, felt like work was paying off. Onward...lots of work yet to do!

She really is, she's changed so much since I last saw her before their move. Keep up the hard work.

Biggsy -- I thought you looked mighty buff and trim in your videos for the match play outing. Great job :thumb:

Biggsy -- I thought you looked mighty buff and trim in your videos for the match play outing. Great job :thumb:

Thanks, still have some midsection work, just let myself go. The way I had been eating, working and sleeping I should have been 3 bills, thank goodness for a decent metabolism.

Nice work Biggsy. That's a good amount for sure and awesome you have that training going. Reminds me I need to start getting more water in me!!! I hope you get your goal man!

Drink lots and lots of water. It makes you feel fuller, it helps the metabolism and it's good for you. (when I need flavor, I add crystal light). Keep it up buddy!

its the raw eggs, that has to be the secret!! hahaha

What happens if every pund you lose you lose distance? would you put it back on?

but really, congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the hard work buddy!

its the raw eggs, that has to be the secret!! hahaha

What happens if every pund you lose you lose distance? would you put it back on?

but really, congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the hard work buddy!

Haha! More flexibility, more strength, I'm not concerned...I'm more concerned about the fitness it's going to take to play 3 rounds plus practice in the August sun and humidity, I don't think ppl realize how grueling that will be.

Haha! More flexibility, more strength, I'm not concerned...I'm more concerned about the fitness it's going to take to play 3 rounds plus practice in the August sun and humidity, I don't think ppl realize how grueling that will be.

I guess drinking and chain smoking isn't good for me then?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Back