Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleaning my clubs right now. Had an awful round this morning. My PUTTER HEAD COVER IS MISSING. Not in the car, not in the bag, called the pro shop and no one turned it in which is f_cked because I played this morning with my Company League. 32 Groups, shotgun start, we were the only people on the course, and I"m in charge of collecting the money so I know every one of these guys by name.
:angry:

So my mom took a look in my eye to see if there was anything in there and there isn't, she can't find anything so I must have rubbed something around in there and actually scratched the inside of my eyelid or eye. So I guess I'm gonna have the "thing stuck in your eye" feeling for a good week or so.

So my mom took a look in my eye to see if there was anything in there and there isn't, she can't find anything so I must have rubbed something around in there and actually scratched the inside of my eyelid or eye. So I guess I'm gonna have the "thing stuck in your eye" feeling for a good week or so.

Sorry to hear that man. Got two days of rant out of it though so thats sweet, gotta get your post count up for the Morgan cup hehe.

Quick rant of the moment......Ratfink could you change that picture?!?!?! Everytime I see it I want to start up the grill!!! LOL

my rant... you are actually gonna make me look up ratfinks avy right now arent you... dangit

Hahhahahhaha
I'll see what I can do later on.... :devil:

I've got a new rant - I was forced to go to a musical last night, and realized that no matter where I go, or which musical I see, there is ALWAYS someone who is singing along.
Last night it was a rather geriatric old lady singing along in a horrible fashion.
When I was in NYC in '05 and I saw the Beauty and the Beast, there was an 11 year old girl belting everything out.
When I go to our local dinner theatre for their British Invasion, or Motown, or any popular musical, there is someone singing along horribly.

Why can't people just sit there, tap their feet, and enjoy the show! I didn't pay $30 or $100 to listen to you sing off key, stop being so selfish! Save your singing for your car, or the shower!

[edit] I was trained musically for 12 years so I know when someone/something is off key, and it drives me wild! That being said, I KNOW I can't sing to save my life, so my mouth is clamped shut.

MORE SNOW:angry::angry:

Hahhahahhaha
I'll see what I can do later on.... :devil:

I've got a new rant - I was forced to go to a musical last night, and realized that no matter where I go, or which musical I see, there is ALWAYS someone who is singing along.
Last night it was a rather geriatric old lady singing along in a horrible fashion.
When I was in NYC in '05 and I saw the Beauty and the Beast, there was an 11 year old girl belting everything out.
When I go to our local dinner theatre for their British Invasion, or Motown, or any popular musical, there is someone singing along horribly.

Why can't people just sit there, tap their feet, and enjoy the show! I didn't pay $30 or $100 to listen to you sing off key, stop being so selfish! Save your singing for your car, or the shower!

[edit] I was trained musically for 12 years so I know when someone/something is off key, and it drives me wild! That being said, I KNOW I can't sing to save my life, so my mouth is clamped shut.

That sucks man, I am possibly the worst singer in the world so my mouth never EVER sings. My wife however is an unbelievable singer who is in musical theater and whenever she sings it makes me wish I was blessed with that gift.

That sucks man, I am possibly the worst singer in the world so my mouth never EVER sings. My wife however is an unbelievable singer who is in musical theater and whenever she sings it makes me wish I was blessed with that gift.

My mom sings all the time and it makes me want to rip out my own ear drums.
It's not that it's terrible, it's just so out of the blue and so overwhelming. You can't go anywhere in the house without being able to hear it, and it's piercing and consuming so the TV can never be loud enough, nor can any other music. It's really quite annoying.
I think I just plain hate singing unless someone is performing, or I'm listening to music. Anything random just pisses me off because it breaks my concentration and I can't focus.

note to self
when betting against ratfink on the course... hum a lil tune out of the blue

note to self
when betting against ratfink on the course... hum a lil tune out of the blue
:D

Ever had a square chunk of metal stuck into a round orifice made of soft tissue? :beat-up:
Don't answer that. :bulgy-eyes:

Well my rant of the day has to do with my University. Youngstown State is an 80% commuter college, and the majority of those students live outside the 10-15 mile range. All campuses in the area have cancelled except for our university. So now you are faced with, should I go and potentially get stuck in the driveway / wreck on I680 OR stay home and be counted as absent for having common sense?

The funny thing is, they will cancel evening classes and the roads will have improved. Sometimes I wonder about the education of the people making the calls.

The rain is seriously putting a damper on the outdoor happy hour idea....thanks Mom Nature

Well my rant of the day has to do with my University. Youngstown State is an 80% commuter college, and the majority of those students live outside the 10-15 mile range. All campuses in the area have cancelled except for our university. So now you are faced with, should I go and potentially get stuck in the driveway / wreck on I680 OR stay home and be counted as absent for having common sense?

The funny thing is, they will cancel evening classes and the roads will have improved. Sometimes I wonder about the education of the people making the calls.

Hopefully you're not thinking about going into education. As a Teacher - that stuff only gets worse....

Hopefully you're not thinking about going into education. As a Teacher - that stuff only gets worse....

I am in Education, and I do plan on getting my doctorate to become a Professor.
However, around here the local school districts have no problem closing if weather permits. We are the only school in a 30 mile radius who are open.

I am in Education, and I do plan on getting my doctorate to become a Professor.
However, around here the local school districts have no problem closing if weather permits. We are the only school in a 30 mile radius who are open.

Good move going above high school. No I was commenting on the inability of administrators to make adequate decisions in general hahaha

I'm editing an application for an award, it's been written by 6 or 7 people and is such a mish-mash of garbled logic, grammar, and dictation that I don't even know where to begin with the first paragraph.

I'm editing an application for an award, it's been written by 6 or 7 people and is such a mish-mash of garbled logic, grammar, and dictation that I don't even know where to begin with the first paragraph.

Man you've been ranting a lot lately! You might need a vacation so you can head over to the happy happy joy joy thread.

Man you've been ranting a lot lately! You might need a vacation so you can head over to the happy happy joy joy thread.

Day by day man, Day by day.
I've never actually been on a 'proper' vacation to a tropical place. My family's never really had the money for that.

Day by day man, Day by day.
I've never actually been on a 'proper' vacation to a tropical place. My family's never really had the money for that.

I hear you man. Doesn't have to be tropical or expensive, go hit up the hotsprings for a weekend.

I hear you man. Doesn't have to be tropical or expensive, go hit up the hotsprings for a weekend.

That could have been this past week! My friend has a cabin up there, so a group of my friends went out there for skiing and what not.
Unfortunately, I don't get paid holidays, so it would have cost me over $1000 in direct cost and opportunity cost from lost pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back