The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Let's wait until his next tournament to answer that! hehehe

I mean, it's been getting worse, so yeah, I think it could get more worse.

agreed it could get worse, a lot worse, before it ever gets better.

When do you think Tiger won't be the favorite?? he had the best odds to win this week and got knocked out first round. Will it be next tournament? the one after? Or will he always be the top pick from the field?

When do you think Tiger won't be the favorite?? he had the best odds to win this week and got knocked out first round. Will it be next tournament? the one after? Or will he always be the top pick from the field?

He'll be favored for a while because the general betting public who don't follow golf will continue to bet on him which will make his lines artificially high

Tiger hit a lot of shots yesterday that reminded my of Old Tiger. He has the game. He just needs to teach his body how to repeat the movement without thinking about it. And he needs to get back to putter practice.

I don't like to defend tiger. BUT..... 3 of those putts he missed yesterday I saw atleast 3 other Pros miss from the exact same spot. THe commentators were calling it on one of them, no one could read the greens around some of the pins yesterday. The last putt that Tiger missed on the left (low side) by a good 3 inches. Ryo Ishikawa missed on the same size by even more.
Yea Tiger is definitly NOT putting like he used to, but he also had some very difficult puts too though yesterday.

Tiger hit a lot of shots yesterday that reminded my of Old Tiger. He has the game. He just needs to teach his body how to repeat the movement without thinking about it. And he needs to get back to putter practice.
That could be said about every golfer. :)

I don't like to defend tiger. BUT..... 3 of those putts he missed yesterday I saw atleast 3 other Pros miss from the exact same spot. THe commentators were calling it on one of them, no one could read the greens around some of the pins yesterday. The last putt that Tiger missed on the left (low side) by a good 3 inches. Ryo Ishikawa missed on the same size by even more.
Yea Tiger is definitly NOT putting like he used to, but he also had some very difficult puts too though yesterday.

I guess that makes him like everybody else now right?

I always thought it was his putting that separated him from the pack, but if he is missing the same putts as everybody else, what brings him to the next level?

Tiger is in a slump, it's a simple as that. Will he be back (depends to what standard you expect him to get back to), nobody knows. I think if he can win one tournament and get the monkey off his back he will regain some of his confidence and build from there. Hard to gain any kind of momentum when you're not winning. All it will take is a few putts that start to drop for 4 straight days.

That could be said about every golfer. :)

Exactly! It is almost like he is starting over. His natural ability allows him to hit some of those masterpiece iron shots. He is just missing the muscle memory to do it <70 times a round like he used to.

Exactly! It is almost like he is starting over. His natural ability allows him to hit some of those masterpiece iron shots. He is just missing the muscle memory to do it <70 times a round like he used to.

So what is the excuse with the putter? Please tell me you think its just rust so I can stop responding.v:alien:

So what is the excuse with the putter? Please tell me you think its just rust so I can stop responding.v:alien:

I wish I could tell you. But my guess is that he hasn't made enough putts, if that makes sense. He needs to keep making putts to get used to seeing the ball go in the hole. Success begets success. If I was Tiger's coach I would have him make 12 straight putts from 3 feet. Then 12 straight putts from 6 feet. Then 10 of 12 from 12 feet. Then 8 of 12 from 18 feet. Then 6 of 12 from 20-30 feet. Then 4 of 12 from 30 - 35 feet. Then 2 of 12 from 40 feet . If he misses too many putts at any distance, he has to start over. I would do that drill twice a week until he wins. Then after the win I would do it once a week.

I would get Tiger used to seeing the ball falling into the cup.

I wish I could tell you. But my guess is that he hasn't made enough putts, if that makes sense. He needs to keep making putts to get used to seeing the ball go in the hole. Success begets success. If I was Tiger's coach I would have him make 12 straight putts from 3 feet. Then 12 straight putts from 6 feet. Then 10 of 12 from 12 feet. Then 8 of 12 from 18 feet. Then 6 of 12 from 20-30 feet. Then 4 of 12 from 30 - 35 feet. Then 2 of 12 from 40 feet . If he misses too many putts at any distance, he has to start over. I would do that drill twice a week until he wins. Then after the win I would do it once a week.

I would get Tiger used to seeing the ball falling into the cup.

I do not think you would have too many students. :act-up:

He has issues? Isn't he back?

I do not think you would have too many students. :act-up:

I would once the wins piled up! ha. I bet Tiger (and most of every golfer here) doesn't spend enough time practicing putting.

I would once the wins piled up! ha. I bet Tiger (and most of every golfer here) doesn't spend enough time practicing putting.

Large assumptions on a topic that there are very little facts to support.

Large assumptions on a topic that there are very little facts to support.

How about, I don't spend enough quality structured time on my putting. And I think that Tiger needs to spend more.

I"ve only been to a few tournaments but it seemed all they did was practice shorts game stuff. Chippin/putting/bunker play. a 300+ yd drive is gonna pretty much do the same at every course but how the green acts and reacts to spinning golf balls is different on each course

There is no excuse, his putting is off right now plain and simple. It happens to everybody and he's no exception. Hopefully it turns around and soon because a few seem to be enjoying the haterade a bit too much.......

I"ve only been to a few tournaments but it seemed all they did was practice shorts game stuff. Chippin/putting/bunker play. a 300+ yd drive is gonna pretty much do the same at every course but how the green acts and reacts to spinning golf balls is different on each course

Sure. But I don't know if they spend the time on strictly putting. And I have no idea what they do when they are at home.

A few months or so ago I was watching TGC & Faldo noticed Tigers putting , he showed his now putting set up and stroke compared to a few years ago and its different . Even the length of time he looks at putts to the time he pulls the trigger is way off . It was an interesting look at what Faldo has seen in Tiger .

I think with so much he's been through with his swing , its like he's his own worst enemy right now and he can't get out of his own way !

Sure. But I don't know if they spend the time on strictly putting. And I have no idea what they do when they are at home.

You should watch Phil Mickelson's Secrets of the Short game. I think you'd be surprised just how much these guys work on their putting.

You should watch Phil Mickelson's Secrets of the Short game. I think you'd be surprised just how much these guys work on their putting.

I get that the pros work on their putting. I am questioning how Tiger is working on his. Not the quantity but the quality. I don't know what Tiger does, but whatever it is it isn't working. I just think that Tiger needs to get used to dropping putts.

I get that the pros work on their putting. I am questioning how Tiger is working on his. Not the quantity but the quality. I don't know what Tiger does, but whatever it is it isn't working. I just think that Tiger needs to get used to dropping putts.

ah, sorry. Wasn't following you there. Yeah, clearly he's having some issues with his putter. I'm sure switching back and forth between the Method wasn't helping anything. I suspect it'll be tough to find out what he's doing as far as his putting regiment.

I can't see anything wrong with his stroke or green reading, to me it is speed control and mental. I would do everything I could to get Tiger used to succeed again. Sink putts. Start and finish every practice round by sinking a sleeve of 3-4' putts without a miss. Something to get Tiger used to succeeding. If he needs to get the feeling of beating somebody, I volunteer to play a round with him. ha!

I just think that he needs to be deceitful and get tons and tons of arse. He obviously played very well when that was happening.

Back