T.P. Mills Anvil Series "Ming" THP Putter Demo Thread

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Well, lookie lookie what was waiting for me tonight....

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0104-1.jpg

But, before we get any deeper than that I really want to thank David, Jay, and Craig for becoming so dedicated to this wonderful little site we love so much. I know first had just how much love they put into these putters and the name that they represent as I'm a proud T.P. Mills owner myself and cannot speak highly enough about their approachability and care for their customers. These demo programs for the new Anvil Series is one of the coolest things ever. I love that so many here are going to get to experience a Mills putter for the first time and others getting to try new things form the company. Thank you so much gentlemen.

Now...yes...the pics...lol

First off, for those who don't know T.P. Mills has some of the absolute best looking headcovers around and the anvil series HC is no different...so slick looking.

DSC_0105-1.jpg

DSC_0106-1.jpg

Now, I'll go into more after my demo time so here's the pics of the rest. Lots of guys are going to get this gem but if you'd like to see any different pics while I've got it just let me know, I'll for sure get some in the daylight tomorrow.

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0112-1.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0116-1.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0120-1.jpg

DSC_0117-1.jpg

I'm going to roll it on course (hopefully tomorrow) stock and then get the lie adjusted Saturday and see how that goes, will be returned to stock when it moves along its way.

More to come form lots of us!

VERY sharp looking putter - enjoy!

awesome looking, I love the look of the milled face. Can't wait to roll this one. Enjoy your testing. On a side note, the headcover looks fantastic, I can't wait to sign it!

The head cover is pretty slick and the black finish is very interesting. Can't wait to get a turn with it! Have fun and look forward to your feedback.

• Staff
awesome looking, I love the look of the milled face. Can't wait to roll this one. Enjoy your testing. On a side note, the headcover looks fantastic, I can't wait to sign it!

I'll be sure to post a pic after I sign it :bananadance:

That said, I will NOT be gaming it with this headcover since we are all signing it, plus, I dont have good track records with white HC's, I'll likely use my camo Mills cover to keep this one nice.

Beautiful putter.

I cant belive I am getting to test such a beautiful putter. I love the finish and milling.

Good lord that putter is gorgeous! Have fun with it Jman, but not too much fun!

Was sitting here staring at is and decided I'd like to see it next to my Tradition II...REALLY shows just how good the Anvil line looks compared to a full custom, pretty darn cool, beatiful putter for a heckuva price.

DSC_0122-1.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0125-1.jpg

I'm loving the heck out of the Ming style, I LOVE the hi-toe look. I'm not a plumber's neck guy but this feels REALLY good with my stroke just messing around inside.

I sent an e-mail in, so I'm hoping I got on the list to test. That putter is slick.

I can't wait to own a Ming. It is one my favorite new designs with the Nellie!

That thing is absolutely beautiful. I love the headcover a lot, I am like you in that it will not see the course, I will use one of mine. I am concerned about 20 people signing it as the area doesn't look that large. The plumber's neck on putters is not my favorite either, but it does look good on this putter, I am looking forward to rolling it and seeing how it feels.
Enjoy testing and I look forward reading your thoughts.

Sign Small!

My wallet hurts just looking at that putter. I love the flared toe on the anser shape. I wish more companies do it.

My wallet hurts just looking at that putter. I love the flared toe on the anser shape. I wish more companies do it.

Yep, the Hi-Toe is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

How does it feel? Soft, firm?

Not overly firm but it has a true audible "click" to it, which I've come to notice form the Mills putters and my carbon Mills has it as well, this is just a bit more audible of a click.

That was an absolutely nonsensical post by me, but it makes sense in my head. I truly belive you just have to feel a Mills putter to really grasp it, its a truly unique thing.

Cool beans. Not bad sounding, I trust?

Cool beans. Not bad sounding, I trust?

Oh no, not my a long shot. Its a very nice sound IMHO. I believe even JB has written about it on his T.P. review last year. There's just something about it.

I'm starting to think maybe I should wait and read your review after I have tested the putter myself. I am beginning to form a definite love for it already.

A few things of note:

There will be both stainless and carbon steel versions of each putter. The Ming displayed is carbon and the production models will have deeper engravings.
The painfill on the sole will match the cover. The TP Millls in the cavity will be filled white.
The production covers are black, the white is 1/100 we did for fun.

I hope everyone enjoys their demo time with the putter. I have decided to extend the demo window to two weekends to help everyone get comfortable with the product.

It is fine to adjust the lie, please just return it to std before shipping it on. Loft should be 4 degree's. Please do not change the grip.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email me anytime.

Thanks
Craig

Thanks for the extension Craig, I am looking forward to taking it to the course many times while I have it.

That sure looks like a beaut! Happy rolling fellas!

Sweet, this one is gonna get a LOT of use form us all I know. I now have another legit reason to golf after school all the time...at least a more legit reason to give the wife lol

Thanks a ton again Craig!

Back