"State of Golf" Golf Channel 8:30 pm EST

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
A one hour special at 8:30 tonight (Friday, 2/25) with Nick Faldo, Johnny Miller, etc., talking about the state of the game, if anyone is interested.

I`m somewhat interested we will see.

I'm dvr'ing it. will watch later. I'm curious to see the faldo-miller interaction, but not curious enough to sit through commercials

Everyone has an opinion. One thing I agree on is that Tiger will not pass Jack in majors. Tiger is no longer the old Tiger.

they're discussing people phoning in rules now. They must read THP!

It wasn't bad, but I frankly think there are better opinions on THP. Really.

Yeah, it was ok. Nothing too earth shattering for me.

I watched it and thought it could of been so much better with the panel they had . But 30-35 minutes dedicated to Tiger was a bit to much , I wish everyone would quit focusing so much on him .

has anyone seen a date/time of a re-air?

watched it last night, i echo all the sentiments made so far. Felt like a lot of unfulfilled potential, but i'd say it was par for the course for what you'd expect out of a sponsored network television associated show. Anything said on that program has already been said by the personalities on said program when they do their regular golf broadcasts. nothing new, nothing all that interesting in relation to what could have been.

I did enjoy it, although i went in with the understanding of what's it was going to be based on the reviews in this thread, and i understand that with networks/sponsors/television you're not going to get near the depth and intellect of a discussion as there is the potential to be. I'd be fascinated to sit down guys like faldo and miller in an informal off the record setting, that's where I feel you'd get some really insightful, candid, free flowing intellectual discussion. That I would love, but you'll never get that when the cameras are within 200 yards of anybody.

Just give me the cliff notes

I was worth watching, but nothing special.

watched it last night, i echo all the sentiments made so far. Felt like a lot of unfulfilled potential, but i'd say it was par for the course for what you'd expect out of a sponsored network television associated show. Anything said on that program has already been said by the personalities on said program when they do their regular golf broadcasts. nothing new, nothing all that interesting in relation to what could have been.

I did enjoy it, although i went in with the understanding of what's it was going to be based on the reviews in this thread, and i understand that with networks/sponsors/television you're not going to get near the depth and intellect of a discussion as there is the potential to be. I'd be fascinated to sit down guys like faldo and miller in an informal off the record setting, that's where I feel you'd get some really insightful, candid, free flowing intellectual discussion. That I would love, but you'll never get that when the cameras are within 200 yards of anybody.

They should start serving alcohol to these guys bout 2 hours before show time. Loosen' 'em up a little.

They should start serving alcohol to these guys bout 2 hours before show time. Loosen' 'em up a little.

:D, maybe if it were broadcast on hbo. they could have gotten joe buck and artie lange and had a heck of a time.

Really though this was a potentially entertaining idea that was always going to be more of the same old. This was Golf CHannel and NBC's way of parading out their new partnership by putting Faldo and Miller in front of the same camera. The last thing Golf, NBC or their sponsors wanted was for any of these guys to say anything controversial that would put potentially negative attention on those guys and take attention away from the partnership.

:D, maybe if it were broadcast on hbo. they could have gotten joe buck and artie lange and had a heck of a time.

Really though this was a potentially entertaining idea that was always going to be more of the same old. This was Golf CHannel and NBC's way of parading out their new partnership by putting Faldo and Miller in front of the same camera. The last thing Golf, NBC or their sponsors wanted was for any of these guys to say anything controversial that would put potentially negative attention on those guys and take attention away from the partnership.

I guess that's why TGC's newest member, Feherty, wasn't invited. The truth would be told.....in a humorous way of course. Hey Johnny, why don't you undo that top button and get that corncob out of your (cut to commercial).

Faldo is actually pretty good in front of the camera, IMO. After 25 years of competitive golf, and basically never speaking unless spoken to, between 1 tee and 18 green, his vocal chords are playing catchup. :D

I guess that's why TGC's newest member, Feherty, wasn't invited. The truth would be told.....in a humorous way of course. Hey Johnny, why don't you undo that top button and get that corncob out of your (cut to commercial).

Faldo is actually pretty good in front of the camera, IMO. After 25 years of competitive golf, and basically never speaking unless spoken to, between 1 tee and 18 green, his vocal chords are playing catchup. :D
Faldo does have a great golf voice. I enjoy listening to him and Miller, a lot of people don't like their style (particularly miller), but they're honest to a fault at least. A lot of the name media members in every sport are very careful about what they say and who they say it about because they don't want to step on the wrong set of toes.

at least they left jim gray at home.

Everyone has an opinion. One thing I agree on is that Tiger will not pass Jack in majors. Tiger is no longer the old Tiger.

To loosely quote Yogi, I am having deja vu all over again. I remember hearing and reading these same comments the last 2 times he revamped his swing. Then after 9 months of work, he dominated, again, seemed to always be near the top of the leaderboard, again, and won majors, again.

I think we are too quick assess these days. Let's see how he looks about June/July. I doubt he will ever as be as dominant as he was because he has suffered injuries and the competition is better, but I would never say bet against that guy.

the 19th hole today had jason whitlock on (unexpected), talking tiger of course, and it was much more interesting in that it was more in-depth and unique than the state of golf program.

Normally i'm not a whitlock fan, i respect his work but not really a fan, however he's been very good as a guest on the 19th hole

Back