Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Haha, well I have seperate spaces for each club in my stand bag. Kinda cool feature. I have a spot for each club. They all go back in the same spot. But if it wasn't like that I'm not sure how I'd do it.

Same for me Yoccus, every club has a divider and they go in order so I don't even look at head covers, the club is always in the spot I have for it.

Just saw these listed at my favourite golfstore for $160. That's outrageously cheap! It's gonna take every ounce of selfcontrol I can muster not to order these before the Spring Outing. It'd be somewhat silly, as I've yet to determine what shaft to go for. But still ...

Btw, should I expect to be able to handle the M1 considering that my swingspeed is not exactly the fastest? Guess I'll find out in May, but It'd really make finishing the top of my bag much simpler. I'm very much a hybrid fan, and have never really gotten comfortable with my 4w.

(apologies if you've allready been over this, but don't feel like going through 145 pages if replies if I can help it)

You can find them for around $130 or less from a few places. That is shipped and no taxes if you don't live in that state.

pick it clean man! sweep it outta there!
When you hit out of the bunker, do you just take a normal swing? Or do you hit behind the ball? Hope that made sense. I struggle with that shot.

good idea....may have to do that as well
Mine had to be separated too. I kept grabbing the wrong one so I split them up.

You can find them for around $130 or less from a few places. That is shipped and no taxes if you don't live in that state.
Thanks but I'm in the EU. Clubs are a tad more expensive here.

DOUBLE MASHIE TIME!!!
I just wanted to show a comparison of older head cover vs new head cover. The white does get a little bit dingy over time. That is the only wear I have seen on the head cover.

is it just wool? you could wash it with some clorox 2, cold water- then hang to dry i bet if it gets bad.

warm water and a dryer might shrink it tho.

Waiting on my M2 - i never thought of getting an M1 to replace a 3w, but its been talked about for sooo long here. It is definately interesting. Perhaps droppng a 60* wedge - going M1, M2, M4. haha 3 mashies!

Im waiting to switch up my bag though for the outing - i just had to bring a mashie to FLA though!

I haven't put much thought into the confusion thing, then again I just got mine yesterday and they probably won't see even the range for another week since I'm pretty sure my fiance just gave me a cold. My 2 mashies share a slot in my bag. There is still 1 empty next to my driver that is waiting for either a 3/4w or an M1.

M1, M2 and M4 mashies do have a nice appeal. I love my M4 already...After I receive my M2 on Monday? Who knows?

is it just wool? you could wash it with some clorox 2, cold water- then hang to dry i bet if it gets bad.

Waiting on my M2 - i never thought of getting an M1 to replace a 3w, but its been talked about for sooo long here. It is definately interesting. Perhaps droppng a 60* wedge - going M1, M2, M4. haha 3 mashies!

Im waiting to switch up my bag though for the outing - i just had to bring a mashie to FLA though!

M1, M2 and M4 mashies do have a nice appeal. I love my M4 already...After I receive my M2 on Monday? Who knows?

It is not wool. It is more of a synthetic material. I am not sure about the washing. I might be because I don't clean it really good before I put it back up.
I think I would email Cleveland before I washed it.

It is not wool. It is more of a synthetic material. I am not sure about the washing. I might be because I don't clean it really good before I put it back up.
I think I would email Cleveland before I washed it.

We just talked with Cleveland. They think it's polyester/acrylic. The cover should be washable, but DON'T DRY IT - just hang dry it.

Also, I'm just about to post in the coupon section for Cleveland clubs -- PM me if you're interested in a Mashie coupon. The old one expired, but we have a new one. We just found out all the rest of our Cleveland shipment should be coming in next week (FINALLY!) so we should be pretty good about filling orders from here on in (um... we hope!).

Tee'd it up with forum member Thainer21 yesterday in what must've been the windiest conditions I've ever seen here in Asheville. It was a cold, hard wind that was relentless, but I must say, the Mashie performed beautifully in the conditions. I hit the Mashie off the tee a few times, and off the deck a few times and it was just what the doctor ordered. I know it was young Thainer's first time he had seen the Mashie in person and he thought it looked incredible.

This hybrid just continues to impress and amaze me. It's almost effortless at this point, just aim, swing, and watch the ball end up where you were hoping it would. The stock 59g shaft is plenty stout and I'm seeing a much better line with my ball flight now that JB gave me that tip on the driving range in Florida. I was actually able to hit a nice little cut shot off the tee on one hole yesterday. It was nice and controlled, just the way you'd want it to be.

I know I've said it a few times now, but it's by far the best hybrid I've ever hit (for me). I'm seriously contemplating putting the M2 in the bag now and ditching my 3w. Demo day and the outing can't get here fast enough for me.

This has been a fun and rewarding golf club to test and I just want to thank Cleveland Golf and THP again for giving me this opportunity. Not only did this club kick my beloved long irons out of the bag, but it may kick my beloved Superfast 3w out of the bag as well. Never thought that would happen.

Very nice update, TC. I remember how much you doubted that your 3 iron would be out of the bag.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Thank you.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

Very nice update, TC. I remember how much you doubted that your 3 iron would be out of the bag.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Yeah, I was very skeptical. It was tough b/c all I have heard about since the outing was how great this hybrid was, and how easy it is to hit. It's hard when you haven't hit it for yourself. Not only did it kick the 3 iron out but it off'd my 4 iron as well.

Thank you.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

You're welcome OEM.

I have seen a few in here talk about regripping the Mashie and wanted to find out for those that have done so what they regripped with?

Did you stay light?
Did you think about swing weight?

I know that Miyazaki sells the hybrid shaft aftermarket and it comes gripped for this very reason. The talk of balance and how it should be factored into the overall design. Surely regripping is an option, but I would like to hear about what the thoughts are with choosing the grips.

I have not regripped and have not thought about it to be honest. I like the stock grip well enough to be honest and I'm with you, I'll be curious to see what others are regripping with.

I have seen a few in here talk about regripping the Mashie and wanted to find out for those that have done so what they regripped with?

Did you stay light?

I know that Miyazaki sells the hybrid shaft aftermarket and it comes gripped for this very reason. The talk of balance and how it should be factored into the overall design. Surely regripping is an option, but I would like to hear about what the thoughts are with choosing the grips.

Regripped the M3 with a winn lite soft grip to keep the balance the same as Cleveland designed it..

Did you stay light?

I'm going to be regripping mine with WinnLite Midsize grips when they arrive. I have these same grips on all my clubs and since they are the Lite ones anyway am not anticipating much of a difference weight wise.

On a side note, I got my shipping confirmation yesterday, so by next week some time I should be able to get my Mashie on!!

Did you stay light?

I have not re-gripped any of my stuff. I did this with the DST range of clubs and it did not work out well. The butt end of the club is fatter. Lamkin on their site sells other grips specifically designed to fit these shafts.

I have not re-gripped any of my stuff. I did this with the DST range of clubs and it did not work out well. The butt end of the club is fatter. Lamkin on their site sells other grips specifically designed to fit these shafts.

This is very true, I had a not so fun time installing the grip on the mashie, once I did it I was happy but that was the longest 10 minutes of the week trying to get that grip on with tape build up. Anyone who is thinking of regripping the mashie should not use tape buildup but by a midsize if thats what their looking for. THat was not fun.

This is very true, I had a not so fun time installing the grip on the mashie, once I did it I was happy but that was the longest 10 minutes of the week trying to get that grip on with tape build up. Anyone who is thinking of regripping the mashie should not use tape buildup but by a midsize if thats what their looking for. THat was not fun.

Because they are fatter it tends to shorten the length of other grips...my GP New Decade on the DSTs were like 1" to a 1/2" shorter.

Because they are fatter it tends to shorten the length of other grips...my GP New Decade on the DSTs were like 1" to a 1/2" shorter.

Ya, the shaft is surprisingly large when you take the grip off and look at the butt end. I saw that the grip was a 1/2 shorter but not 1 inch.

I wasn't crazy about the grip when I hit it at the store last week but I will give it a shot before regripping. If I were to regrip I would probably do with something of similar weight.

Lamkin has a Miyazaki Performance Plus available on their site that is not bad and it is designed for these shafts. Check it out.

http://www.lamkingrips.com/Miyazaki_Performance_Plus.php

I am thinking about changing the grips because I usually use 3 wraps of tape. I really like the feel of the Mashie swingweight as is.
The Miyazaki grip is listed at 46 grams. I wonder how much of a difference that would make? The original grip on the Mashie is 36 g.

Back