Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver & FW

Got my eye on this to try out at the demo day.

You guys ain't right :D.... lol It is kind of funny, with the ole gray is trading brands soon :confused2:..

Who would have thought it even just a couple of months ago?

Is the Miyazaki considered a low spin shaft or more mid spin?

I'm no expert on this stuff but I will share this from my fitting experience with Cleveland. I tested the 270 & 290 with different flexes/shafts until they found the right one for me. I had a very wide range of spin (low mid high) with each one. That's what is so neat about this driver. You have so many shaft options between the 270, 290, & 310 that you can find the right numbers to fit your swing.

I hit the 290 in 2 different flex's last weekend when bulldog and I went to the golf expo in KC , they felt good but just hitting into a net I have no clue how my ball flight was :(
Its was also hard to talk to the guy in that Cleveland tent as everyone was clamoring for his attention . And what really ticked me off is they had NO Srixon Z-star drivers !

I went on the launch monitor and hit the SL290 with the stiff shaft. What a club! I hit this at the Portland golf show a couple of weeks ago and it felt great, but I was hitting into a net. Seeing my numbers on the monitor was very impressive. I hit 10 shots with this and had an average SS of 110.6 mph. Average distance was 288.4 launch angle was 12.2. Spin was 2700s and the best part was my two most off center shots were just 11 yards left of center and 5 yards right of center. Every other hit was between those points. This is a serious driver with a serious shaft! Oh and this club just feels fantastic!

I Tapped, I Talked

I went on the launch monitor and hit the SL290 with the stiff shaft. What a club! I hit this at the Portland golf show a couple of weeks ago and it felt great, but I was hitting into a net. Seeing my numbers on the monitor was very impressive. I hit 10 shots with this and had an average SS of 110.6 mph. Average distance was 288.4 launch angle was 12.2. Spin was 2700s and the best part was my two most off center shots were just 11 yards left of center and 5 yards right of center. Every other hit was between those points. This is a serious driver with a serious shaft! Oh and this club just feels fantastic!

I Tapped, I Talked

Wow, those are great numbers and from a 300 driver it is even more impressive!

Is the sound and feel like the 09 launcher or the dst or something else. Thanks

Is the sound and feel like the 09 launcher or the dst or something else. Thanks

It is something else to me. CLoser to the DST, but still a little different.

Is the Miyazaki considered a low spin shaft or more mid spin?

Id so more mid or high then low, the one in these drivers at least.

It is something else to me. CLoser to the DST, but still a little different.

Thanks be glad when i get a chance to demo it. I like the 09 launcher, hibore and sumo2 5900. I like that sound and feel.

I got an E-mail from The Golf Warehouse today for their Cleveland Demo/fitting day on the 4th of March , so I signed up for it .
Interested in the UltraLite Drivers and FW woods plus the mashie that everyone is raving about .
Probably wont buy nothing till after the THP outing ( so many options ) , but want to see where my fitting is on those Miyazaki shafts .

I saw these out in the stores today. I liked that they had the gold shafts which were an awesome throw-back to the original Cleveland Launcher drivers and FW woods of the early 2000s (which I gamed for quite a while).

I had some simulator time at PGA SS with two of the models. The 270 and 310 were my weapons along with another company's driver.

The 310 has the 59 C Kua and is the smaller clubhead. Its not as forgiving as the 270 which I expected. The ball definitely wanted to go right with my swing. It was not showing slice but more a fade. The sound was a good ping ish sound but the sticker was still on the face and was more muted than the last time I hit it imo. The weight was good and you could feel it was lighter than others but not overly. Good distance but wasnt the most forgving for my swing.

The 270 is one of the longer drivers Ive hit. The sound is cracking but I felt deeper than the 310. It is noticably lighter but it doesnt take much time to adjust and it was bombs away. I missed once it felt like which was a snap hook. Other wise I felt it was extremely forgiving. It really just feels like youre punishing the ball. Consistant distance and dispersion. I didnt take anything off my swing for the lighter weight but made sure not to get handsy.

The shafts in both of these clubs are light but do they feel smooth and you just have to experience it. Miyazaki shafts Im learning are packed with smoothness and phenominal feel. Best way I can describe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finally got to hit the new cleveland drivers today. i liked the 310 the best. they didn't have any in x flex to tryout so i will admit that trying the stiff flex wasn't the best scenario for me so keep that in mind. what i found was the 59 model shaft was the model stable expectedly, followed by the 39 gram. the 43s was to me a complete noodle, and much more loose feeling the than 39s, this really surprized me.

all in all i found these to be good looking solid drivers, but i was seeing as good or better numbers from my current cleveland driver. i would like to tryout some of these drivers in a tipped x flex for a fair comparison sometime.

Took them for a test drive last weekend at GG Cleveland Demo day. Will be picking one up in the spring.

I may grab one tomorrow. Been hording GG gift cards and it seems like a good buy.

I have hit the 270 and 290 and I actually prefer the 270. Simulator has my shots going all over the place with the 290, must be the low flex tip. 270 has a firmer tip. My only concern is the length of the 270. It is more difficult to get it on the screws with the 270, but even toe shots had solid results. I'd imagine things would improve if I didn't have my lazy February swing. In/Out anyone?

Like I said, the length of the 270 is a bit daunting. Not sure how well these drivers take to being shortened.

edit: watch me walk out with a G15, things never go as planned

I didn't find the length to be an issue as I got used to it when hitting it. The forgiveness of the 270 is awesome and the shaft is of the highest quality. I haven't hit against the 290 yet side by side. I'm not sure how much it would effect the driver to shorten it but are you able to just choke up on the club to get a feel for it being shorter? I know it bothers some and did for me as well at first.

I may grab one tomorrow. Been hording GG gift cards and it seems like a good buy.

I have hit the 270 and 290 and I actually prefer the 270. Simulator has my shots going all over the place with the 290, must be the low flex tip. 270 has a firmer tip. My only concern is the length of the 270. It is more difficult to get it on the screws with the 270, but even toe shots had solid results. I'd imagine things would improve if I didn't have my lazy February swing. In/Out anyone?

Like I said, the length of the 270 is a bit daunting. Not sure how well these drivers take to being shortened.

I was worried about the length too but I've been able to hit it well so far. Today was the first time on the course with it. I'm only 5'7" tall and am used to a 44.5" driver so this driver is 1.25" longer. I put a contact sticker on the face of the driver so I could see where I was hitting it and I was able to hit on/near the sweet spot pretty regularly.

I was advised by our rep against cutting the shaft because it messes with the swing weight. He recommended choking up a little if the length was an issue. I really haven't had to do that.

You are right about forgiveness. I was getting away with murder on some of the shots. I will choke up a bit and see what happens tomorrow. Can't hurt.

To be honest, it is most likely a swing issue. I am certainly not in form yet.

Please keep us updated on how it works out for you!!! Im going to be paying close attention to this thread. I cant wait to hear about KB knocking some 300 yarders in the near future ;)

I hope it works out for both of you!

You are right about forgiveness. I was getting away with murder on some of the shots. I will choke up a bit and see what happens tomorrow. Can't hurt.

To be honest, it is most likely a swing issue. I am certainly not in form yet.

Haha at the 300 yard drive! With a swing speed around 80, I'm lucky to pass 200 but I do get lucky sometimes! I might be married to Ole' Gray, but I'm not quite as long as he is. ;) I get embarrassed when he talks about me CRUSHING my drives. I hope you know that crushing is in his terms, not mine.

Lol. You two are seriously the best haha. Well, I'm really curious now to swing the 290 with some of the thoughts the shaft coming through. As I progress in my golfing career I've learned I do better with lighter shafts and Ill take all the help I can get with getting the ball in the air.

Haha at the 300 yard drive! With a swing speed around 80, I'm lucky to pass 200 but I do get lucky sometimes! I might be married to Ole' Gray, but I'm not quite as long as he is. ;)

I played today with a really bad back and still was able to get it out there really long for me. My first drive of the day was about 10 yards farther than usual. I hit it dead on the sweet spot though. I had some trouble turning on the drives as the day went on but it's amazing how easy this club is to hit even when you can't swing well because of physical limitations. I have found that a smooth fluid swing with a good finish will just bomb this thing. It's so easy just like the Mashie.

Cleveland is really putting out some fantastic clubs this year.

I played today with a really bad back and still was able to get it out there really long for me. My first drive of the day was about 10 yards farther than usual. I hit it dead on the sweet spot though. I had some trouble turning on the drives as the day went on but it's amazing how easy this club is to hit even when you can't swing well because of physical limitations. I have found that a smooth fluid swing with a good finish will just bomb this thing. It's so easy just like the Mashie.

Back