What Do You Think of The New #1?

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I think we finally have a #1 who finally deserves to be there. Martin Kaymer has seven wins in his last 49 tournaments, including a major, a bunch of top tens. Solid, consistent golf.

What say you?

I think he will be hard to knock out of the position, he has a great physical and mental game.

The guy is a machine, never gets rattled. And unless he has some reason for his wife to chase after his SUV with a 9 iron he should be there for awhile.

I'm a big fan. Seems to be a really down-to-Earth guy who is also really good. Here's to hoping he stays up there for a while!

Works for me, after watching him yesterday I'd say he certainly has a complete game!

I think he is really good.

Rich Lerner just interviewed Kaymer and asked him about his values. One of the things Martin said was that, "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." Better and better. :)

He'll be there for awhile. The only way he loses it soon is if TW comes back better than ever and I don't see that happening right away. Good Job MK.

I didn't know much about Kaymer before he won his major. I think he is a great player and very deserving of the #1 spot.

Rich Lerner just interviewed Kaymer and asked him about his values.
Who cares about his values? He's a golfer not my priest.

Values determine the kind of person he is. Most of us like or dislike people by the way they act on and off the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's totally deserving of the number 1 spot, and the first who has in 2 years or so. With the way he has played over the last year it is going to be tough to knock him off that spot.

Ironically, I member of the Fellowship of the Lego church, so I am quite concerned about his off-course behavior.

Ironically, I member of the Fellowship of the Lego church, so I am quite concerned about his off-course behavior.

I am a member of your rival church, the fellowship of Duplo church.

With Kaymer now on top, and many others close enough to take that position it should be very interesting. Something that was missing for many, many, many years with Tiger so far ahead.

It seems weird, he just almost shot out of nowhere. It wasn't til his Major win that I had heard of him and now he's the new #1? Crazy.

I wonder if #12 is going to start calling Toothy, #2 now.

I'm ordained in the Temple of Tinker Toys church, and a lay minister in the Church of the Lincoln Log. I can't practice faith not based on natural materials.

The German seems far more deserving than Westwood, and I can't think of anyone else that is more deserving at this point.

Kevin

I'm ordained in the Temple of Tinker Toys church, and a lay minister in the Church of the Lincoln Log. I can't practice faith not based on natural materials.

The German seems far more deserving than Westwood, and I can't think of anyone else that is more deserving at this point.

Kevin

Yea, he's a winner and definitely belongs up there.

Definitely no complaints here about him ranking #1. And he's a lot more likable than Westwood, which is also a bonus.

I think we finally have a #1 who finally deserves to be there. Martin Kaymer has seven wins in his last 49 tournaments, including a major, a bunch of top tens. Solid, consistent golf.

What say you?

I think you summed it up perfectly.

I think Kaymer and GMac have been the best two players in golf the professional golf the past year and Kaymer has been better

I can only echo the same sentiments as many of the other posts so far in this thread. Martin Kaymer has certainly earned the #1 spot and I could see him hanging onto that position for quite some time. He may not win today though, as I believe Luke Donald is in some sort of zone.

He earned it and a very good golfer to watch.

Back