what do you eat during a round

dhjkelly

BOO
Reaction score
Handicap
after doing some research into this over the last 6 months, asking a lot of people including a couple of club pro's and a nutritionist. i have tried

1. bars of chocolate
2. oat bars
3. protein bars
4. packets of jellies
5. cooked meats (chicken, beef)
6. pre made wraps

the one that works best for me is the wraps but only when i make them at home before a round which can be a pain when playing an early round.

my question is do you try anything else, does it work for you and am i right in thinking we all have to find what works best for ourselves ??????

Raw organic almonds and coconut water usually. Maybe a KIND bar.

I honestly never carry anything but water or poweraid. This year I am going I am going to throw an oatmeal bar in as well. I am trying to kick some pounds so nutrition is key.

Raw almonds, H2O,G2. I did like the IQPlus Bar I tried so I'm thinking of ordering some of those.

I sometimes have beef jerky. Maybe a hot dog at the turn if it's slow and there is time to go in to the clubhouse.

Usually a proteinshake on the range pre-round, then bananas, maybe an apple and a chocolatebar of some sorts with good nutrition on the course. And a tin of snus (like chewing tobacco, except you don't chew!).

I try to keep it light between 1 and 18. Depending on the temps I'll eat a banana or nutritional bar of some kind. I'm like many others and walk as much as possible this time of year to try and drop a few pounds!!

I swallow my pride a lot, but it's not very filling so I usually top it off with a snickers if anything.

I once got to try these tasty IQPlus bars, but haven't seen them in stores here.

Salmon and oysters. Maybe a steak.

Kevin

I keep Oberto beef jerky, Nekot peanut butter cookies, and Nature Valley Fruit & Almond bars in my bag. Everything is in its own package and handy to carry and easy to share with friends if they need a quick snack. I also carry a fresh banana or apple many times, but not always like the other items.

I get really bad on the course usually my snack consists of this after the 9th hole:

-Bottle of Gatorade
-2 Hot Rods
-Either a cookie or a chocolate bar

I like to eat Luna or Cliff bars or sometimes EAS bars. But I try to avoid chocolate covered ones in summer since they get messy... Yuck.

During the round it is water and gatoraid, and usually a banana and a couple of nature valley oatmeal bars in there.

Hard boiled eggs

Usually almonds, Clif bars, bananas, or crackers.

Last edited:
We usually will eat before we tee off. And we hit the range before we play. I always have snacks with me in my bag and at the turn will get a sandwich or a hot dog or something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a lot of people seem to be favoring fruit, almonds and nature valley bars so i might give them a try next round

Normally I will have some type of drink, a protein bar and a banana. My drink in the summer is water or a sport drink and during the winter coffee or hot chocolate.

Always have a banana with me and usually a mixture of peanuts/almonds to go along with it.

Back