polarisdude94

golf junky
Reaction score
Handicap
I recently bought some Watson Wedges. I was wondering if you would sand or grind the wording on the bottom off that says adams golf. I having words on the sole of the club. If I sanded it off and added more weight to the back to make up for that, do you think it would be fine? Also, If that works, what about sanding off on the back of the wedge where it says Tom Watson?
Thanks,

My other clubs dont have writing on the sole.

Why do you want to sand off the words Adams Golf?

I just hate wording on the sole of my clubs, just doesn't look right.

Grinding a wedge down that far to eliminate the wording at the Adams Watson wedges would be a tough job. Could it be done? Yes, but in my opinion you would seriously alter the performance of the clubs.

I don't mean to be a wise guy but, if you hate the way they look so much, why did you get them? Surely there are plenty of options.

Unless you are trying to accomplish something like changing bounce and you know what you are doing, I would be very leery about doing this. Someone, presumably, put a lot of effort into designing these clubs. Be careful.

I understand. I guees I'll just take out the paintfill then.

Grinding a wedge down that far to eliminate the wording at the Adams Watson wedges would be a tough job. Could it be done? Yes, but in my opinion you would seriously alter the performance of the clubs.

I'm a big fan of experimenting with clubs, but in this case I agree with JB and others. To each his own but I'm not bothered by something I can't see at address. Removing the paintfill is a good option.

Seriously - the only time you'll see words is when the club is in your bag, not doing anything. I have these same wedges and after some use, you can't really distinguish the writing on the sole anyway.

To grind away that much material would not only be tricky, but ridiculously time-consuming.

I guess if it really bothers you that much, you could try mixing up some bondo and filling them in. Or maybe JB-weld? Or, just plain sell the wedges and get something else that suits your eye.

Personally, I think there are bigger things to worry about with my wedges. For example, not shanking one into the next fairway or skulling another chip over the green!

Back