Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow Review from Testers

well its not the RX yellow but i picked up some Zstar yellow and lets just say im kinda mad i have 4dozen white ones lol, i love the looks of this ball. I will def make the switch to all yellow once my white ones are gone, i will have a shootout between the Zstar and B330Rx yellow

I would like to see how it comes out for you. They are both great balls but I get more distance from the B330rx. The colors are almost similar.

Spent about 2 hours today with the yellow RX on the putting and chipping green working on some things with a new putter. What I have come to realize is that I just love the way the ball sets up on the dark finish of the putter. It has a glow to it, but I think it helps with my alignment. For a long time now, I have loved the way the RX performs around the green. Love the sound off the putter face as it has a firm but still plush audible tone.

I know everybody always screams "i want spin, etc..." and I am not sure I agree, but for the sake of this writeup, to me the RX has the perfect amount of greenside spin. Not too much, but definitely enough to spin and even suck back balls if needed. Backed one up about 15 feet today on a full swing 65 yard shot before I left and to me that might be a little too much spin, but with clean grooves and the DG spinner shafts, it is the one miss with wedges I suffered from.

I just absolutely love the way this ball works with the wedges. Maybe the best combo I have ever encountered for my swing.

Nice write up JB, I would have to agree that this ball works well for you. It worked very well for me as well. I found it to be a great ball with my wedges and irons. It feels good off the putter, but lets be honest here, I am not the best judge on that. hehe

Nice write up JB, I would have to agree that this ball works well for you. It worked very well for me as well. I found it to be a great ball with my wedges and irons. It feels good off the putter, but lets be honest here, I am not the best judge on that. hehe

That is crazy talk. You would be the best lag putter in the world if the hole was 8 feet closer to you and 4 feet to the right....hehe

That is crazy talk. You would be the best lag putter in the world if the hole was 8 feet closer to you and 4 feet to the right....hehe

hahaha...good point!!!

I know I break my writs when putting, and to be honest I got nervous and fast over my birdie putt. like you couldnt tell. I know its a part of my game I need to work on.

I was going to get the e5 for the outing, but after a round with these balls I have been converted. I recommend to anyone if you have not hit them to go out and buy a sleeve or dozen. I think you will be highly impressed.

I only played a few holes with an E5. I know they are higher launching but did you notice a good bit of difference between the two around the green?

Why do I feel a skimmer post to follow lol.

hahaha...good point!!!

I know I break my writs when putting, and to be honest I got nervous and fast over my birdie putt. like you couldnt tell. I know its a part of my game I need to work on.

I was going to get the e5 for the outing, but after a round with these balls I have been converted. I recommend to anyone if you have not hit them to go out and buy a sleeve or dozen. I think you will be highly impressed.

I only played a few holes with an E5. I know they are higher launching but did you notice a good bit of difference between the two around the green?

Why do I feel a skimmer post to follow lol.

I havent played the e5, I was speaking with JB before my round and he thought the e5 would be great for me. But after hitting the B330 RX it was apparent that this was a good ball for me.

Some great reviews guys. This is why we continuously look to THP as one of the first places to test our balls before they hit the market. We appreciate all the feedback and of course we're glad to hear that the balls have been such as success for so many of you. Keep 'em coming!

Can't tell you how much this means to consumers like us as well. I'm gonna be taking this ball out for a round today and I'm excited haha. It's a tough course and should be a real good test.

Some great reviews guys. This is why we continuously look to THP as one of the first places to test our balls before they hit the market. We appreciate all the feedback and of course we're glad to hear that the balls have been such as success for so many of you. Keep 'em coming!

So I took this ball out for the 4th time and I still love the performance of this ball! Nothing has changed for me as far as my opinion of the performance, I am however warming up to the color. I can definitely appreciate the benefits of the color. I also had my dad play this ball. He has lost a lot of swing speed recently because of shoulder and knee problems. He noted that he was hitting this ball further and straighter than he has in a while. He really liked the visibility these balls provide. This ball is a hit!

I Tapped, I Talked

Was at the range last night so I was able to work on my pitches and chips with some putting thrown in. Really quite a different ball then my usual ball. I play a little harder ball so I'm used to lots of roll out. On pitches with these balls I'm getting quite a bit of spin. Once I got the spin dialed in I was getting some very accurate pitches. I really like the fell of these off my wedges. Almost a mushy firmness to it and I love it. I would use the same words for off the putter as well. It's kind of mushy but I hear an audible click when putter hits ball. I have started getting my lag putting down with this ball and I am liking it. I play again Sunday so I will be able to give a report after the round. Thus far the ball without looking at the color aspect is a winner. Throw in the yellow and I'm sold.

Hoping the ground dries out enough tomorrow for me to give the Yellow fellows a second test and report back results...we had 5 inches of rain here yesterday but none today so hopefully ground dried out some today.

Picked up a new putter today so I stopped by a practice facility and got acquainted with it using the RX. I really have grown to love this ball, the feel is perfect to me. I like how it feels on full shots, but where it really shines to me is those little shots around the green and especially off the putter. I've been using the trispeed tour a lot lately and enjoy it as I find it to be touch longer but the RX is hands down better in regards to feel.

I've got a tough decision coming up soon as I committed to one ball this year.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I played this ball yesterday and was lucky I didnt lose it. Maybe I set myself up for failure by not using it on holes I could lose it. Ida know haha. Either way, I struggled on a lot of my shots. But the ability to put the ball on the green and not lose it is a great aspect to this ball. It doesnt feel as hard or heavy as other balls around the green. It really put away some nerves on my short game. Off the putter I was rolling the ball real close and only had one 3 put. Of course it was when I put the ball 8 feet on a par 3. The greens were fast!!!

I also preach forgiveness which I don't usually see attributed to a golf ball. As much as the club is catalyst to forgiveness I believe playing a ball that is made for the average golfer helps some too. It may all be my head but I feel less harshness on mishits with this ball that I may feel otherwise.

Second outing today with the Yellow B-330 RX

Driver: Just like last time, ball came off pure and held its lines very well, despite winds on the first nine holes of the day.

Irons: Still like the way the ball comes off the club, lands on greens nicely and with just the right amount of spin.

Putts: Used the Yes! Callie today, didn't quite have the mushy feels as it did with the Rife, even rolled in a couple of long putts today.

Overall: Still very impressed with how the ball played, I have a feeling with warmer weather and a dry track, the ball would carry and roll much better.

The yellow color is still impressive and easy to track. This ball could become the gamer this summer alongside the Penta.

More testing when weather and schedule allows!

Got out for 9 more holes on this ball, and I still like it a lot. I feel as though I get more distance out of this ball (vs. a Z-Star X), but it could be my revamped / tweaked swing. Either way, on solid contact, it feels very good and jumps right off the club. On full swing irons, I got plenty of bite, but not that much on greenside chips. That's not a big deal though, as I can adjust for more rollout. I also had a tendency to overdo my chips today, so it could be more of a user-error thing. I hit a 250 yard tee shot with my 3-wood (love the new Cleveland) and the ball just took off like a rocket. I also had no issues whatsoever when I had to look for my ball . It was really sunny today, and the ball was very easy to spot against green fairways and rough. I played 2nd shots with a Tour Yellow Srixon from time to time, and both balls were equally easy to spot.

My favorite thing about this ball is the durability of the cover. After 9 more holes today, it looks as fresh as when I started! I did manage to bounce it off one tree with the driver, and it barely sustained any damage. A+!

If I continue to find these balls, with the covers as durable as they are, I could play the last two balls out of this sleeve for a long time.

Got out for 9 more holes on this ball, and I still like it a lot. I feel as though I get more distance out of this ball (vs. a Z-Star X), but it could be my revamped / tweaked swing. Either way, on solid contact, it feels very good and jumps right off the club. On full swing irons, I got plenty of bite, but not that much on greenside chips. That's not a big deal though, as I can adjust for more rollout. I also had a tendency to overdo my chips today, so it could be more of a user-error thing. I hit a 250 yard tee shot with my 3-wood (love the new Cleveland) and the ball just took off like a rocket. I also had no issues whatsoever when I had to look for my ball . It was really sunny today, and the ball was very easy to spot against green fairways and rough. I played 2nd shots with a Tour Yellow Srixon from time to time, and both balls were equally easy to spot.

My favorite thing about this ball is the durability of the cover. After 9 more holes today, it looks as fresh as when I started! I did manage to bounce it off one tree with the driver, and it barely sustained any damage. A+!

If I continue to find these balls, with the covers as durable as they are, I could play the last two balls out of this sleeve for a long time.

I like hearing that!

Got another round in today with the B330RX and I am loving it more every time I play it. Very long off the tee and very nice around the green. I am actually quite shocked at how much spin I am getting around the greens. I have started playing for the spin back and put a couple real close today. Durability is always a concern for me as cart paths and trees are always in play for me. Hit the cart path a couple of times today and other than a big mark on the ball it is pristine. The mark is like a brown spot but other then discoloring there is no scuff on the ball. If not for the price this ball would be a no brainer for me. It's tough to beat the Burner Tour because it gives me decent spin and good distance and it's $20.

Battled through the rain today with the B 330 RX yellow. Still like the way the ball comes off the driver and full shots, however the wet track didn't allow for a lot or roll today. One of mine got a couple of scuff marks but look like a brown spot like chunky mentioned in the last post. Still like the ball a lot, however, I am also going to try out the Burner Tour as I received some of them from a local pro because he knows I use Taylor Made. So I will try them out soon too.

Me too, Tuesday is when the are available, well thats what it says anyway
Yep, planning to pick me up a dozen. I still have 2-1/2 dozen of the white and will need to play them up too so I can play the yellows exclusively.

I was able to take the B330-RX Yellow for another round this weekend. Before I begin my review of this outing, I need to disclose a few things. By Southern California standards, it was very cold and windy. I would say the weather was low 50s with wind chill making it feel closer to mid-40s. The winds were strong, up to 30 mph on certain hole locations. Plus, my swing was completely off, mostly because of the cold weather and wind, but also because I am one of the worse players when I am bundled up with sweaters and jackets.

Because rain was in the forecast, the course was fairly empty, allowing me to get in 27 holes, before I froze all feeling on my extremities. With these disclosures, here is my review.

Here is what I liked about the B330-RX. It produced a nice trajectory off driver, fairway woods, hybrids, and long irons. For me, a mid-trajectory is my preferred shot. This ball gave me that trajectory. Because of the wet conditions, I didn't get as much roll out on the fairways, when I landed on the fairways. This leads me to my next pro - durability. This ball is durable, plain and simple. The cover on this ball withstood some nasty shots off trees, cart paths, bunker shots, and quite a bit of wedge shots. There were scuffs and marks on the ball, but much less than I expected from the abuse I gave it this weekend. Plus, the color yellow seems to disguise the marks much better than a white ball. I really hate staring down the ball on putts and seeing brown, scuff marks. With the B330-RX yellow, the scuffs were less visible. Definitely a plus. For short game and putts, I think the B330-RX has a bit more roll out than the ProV1x. Knowing this, I was able to adjust to the roll out by aiming a foot or two closer to the front of green than I normally would with the ProV1x. The B330-RX felt soft off the clubface of these short game shorts.

Idealistically, this is the perfect ball for me. It fits my swing speed, has a softer cover, but still explodes off full shots with my driver and irons. But, I am having a hard time replacing the ProV1x, which in theory does not fit my swing characteristics. For me, the B330-RX “feels” a bit heavier off the clubface of the driver. Heavy might not be the right word, but part of me wants to swing harder when I tee up with the RX. And for my swing, I almost always get better results when I swing smoothly and in tempo. I know this is all in my head, but it's funny how something so discrete can play with my swing. I realize that more rounds with the RX will allow me to get used to the feel/weight and allow me to swing smoothly. Maybe, it's because I have played the ProV1x for so long that I have a certain level of predictability or trust with the ball. Whatever the reason, with the B330-RX and ProV1x around the same price point, it's difficult for me to switch balls at this point. Maybe, when I am done with the remaining ProV1x balls (mostly gifts from colleagues), I will consider getting a dozen of the B330-RX yellow to build on that trust factor.

Good news THPers the Yellow RX is available today in most retail locations where Bridgestone products are sold. We hope that as you guys buy em and try em, you'll continue to post your thoughts here. The feedback thus far has been fantastic. Bridgestone has been keeping a close eye on the reviews and we're pleased to see everything that our internal testing has shown is being experienced by consumers first-hand. Keep up the good work.

Great job on the reviews everyone!! Since I played the 330RX most of last year, I'm not surprised by everyone's feedback. The new yellow color is certainly an improvement to an already great golf ball!

Good news THPers the Yellow RX is available today in most retail locations where Bridgestone products are sold. We hope that as you guys buy em and try em, you'll continue to post your thoughts here. The feedback thus far has been fantastic. Bridgestone has been keeping a close eye on the reviews and we're pleased to see everything that our internal testing has shown is being experienced by consumers first-hand. Keep up the good work.

THat is good news! I know at the beginning of this I opted out of the testing b/c traditionally, I'm not the biggest fan of the yellow golf ball. However, while visiting THP HQ a couple of weeks ago, JB was kind enough to let me put the B330RX in yellow in play at Windermere Country Club.

It obviously performs like I've come to expect out of the RX golf ball, but I have to admit, the yellow was a nice feature to have. I know for a fact that twice, the fact that the ball was yellow, made it easier for me to spot in a couple of dicey situations. I struggle keeping up with the ball when it's in flight if it's an overcast day and I struggled once when it was nestled up against some green bushes but that has more to do with my color blindness.

Overall, I would play this golf ball and I'm now kicking myself for not throwing my name into the hat.

Good luck Bridgestone! You guys continue to impress with your products and I wish you continued success in 2011.

Isn't it amazing how seeing something in person or on course in this case that changes your perception almost instantly. Example I was kinda leary about the orange e6, but after playing it I love it (the color), just wish the ball was a touch better for me. Your honesty TC is something awesome that you bring to the forum, this is just another example.

Sorry for the hijack but it's something I felt I needed to say and I can't get in my PM's.

Anyhow back to the balls. Spent 18 holes with this ball last night, along with the Trispeed Tour, I had hoped to make a decision but these balls are so close in performance it's a tough decision. The Srixon is longer and the RX has more spin, it's a catch 22! Of course where I play night golf the greens are always really soft so it might not be the best judge of spin performance in that regard. I just really like the yellow on the RX, it's good during the day, but phenomenal at dusk into night. There is no feeling like a 130 yd shot into the green that just hits and sits, a pretty yellow orb of awesomeness staring back at you.

Ball wear is still going strong with no serious wounds.

THat is good news! I know at the beginning of this I opted out of the testing b/c traditionally, I'm not the biggest fan of the yellow golf ball. However, while visiting THP HQ a couple of weeks ago, JB was kind enough to let me put the B330RX in yellow in play at Windermere Country Club.

It obviously performs like I've come to expect out of the RX golf ball, but I have to admit, the yellow was a nice feature to have. I know for a fact that twice, the fact that the ball was yellow, made it easier for me to spot in a couple of dicey situations. I struggle keeping up with the ball when it's in flight if it's an overcast day and I struggled once when it was nestled up against some green bushes but that has more to do with my color blindness.

Overall, I would play this golf ball and I'm now kicking myself for not throwing my name into the hat.

Good luck Bridgestone! You guys continue to impress with your products and I wish you continued success in 2011.

Back