2011 Bridgestone E6 Review

it won't make a slice go straight but it will reduce the amount of side spin on your ball.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Does the anti-side spin technology really work?

Absolutely does. It will keep a 5-10 yard draw/fade from finding the rough. However as hawk stated it isn't gonna fix swing flaws.

How does the e6 handle around the green? is there still some greenside control with this ball?

I wouldn't say it has the spin of a Penta or B330Rx-s, but it can be worked better than a lot of alls out there. At least thats what I found with last years ball.

How does the e6 handle around the green? is there still some greenside control with this ball?

I guess it depends on your definition of control. This ball is not going to spin off of a wedge like a urethane covered ball. That said, I am able to control it quite well. I just plan on playing for a bit more roll out on my chips. I have no problem stopping it short on full wedge shots. I did find that it was tougher to stop short on firm mid-summer greens, but you can certainly adjust to that.

I played this on my simulator round today and I have to be honest that I can't give much feedback from it. All I really heard was the sound of the ball hitting the screen. I did hit one ball on the range with a 9 iron and it was the nicest shot I hit all day. The ball launched high and sounded GREAT. Very soft of the face of the club.

I'm hoping to get these out on the course soon so I can give you all some better information. Keep you fingers crossed for warm temps :)

I guess it depends on your definition of control. This ball is not going to spin off of a wedge like a urethane covered ball. That said, I am able to control it quite well. I just plan on playing for a bit more roll out on my chips. I have no problem stopping it short on full wedge shots. I did find that it was tougher to stop short on firm mid-summer greens, but you can certainly adjust to that.

I played this on my simulator round today and I have to be honest that I can't give much feedback from it. All I really heard was the sound of the ball hitting the screen. I did hit one ball on the range with a 9 iron and it was the nicest shot I hit all day. The ball launched high and sounded GREAT. Very soft of the face of the club.

I'm hoping to get these out on the course soon so I can give you all some better information. Keep you fingers crossed for warm temps :)
I hope you ran out 130 yds or so and picked up that ball you hit out on that driving range! Those are brand new man!

I hope you ran out 130 yds or so and picked up that ball you hit out on that driving range! Those are brand new man!

Hehehe, no I didn't. I really wanted to see what the ball flight was in real life and there was no other way!

Hehehe, no I didn't. I really wanted to see what the ball flight was in real life and there was no other way!

lololo

What Bridgestone ball would be similar to the e6 (B-Fit recommend this ball for me) but with more spin around the greens?

What Bridgestone ball would be similar to the e6 (B-Fit recommend this ball for me) but with more spin around the greens?

The e5 may work or the RX/RXS as well. They won't have the anti-side spin properties but if you want better greenside control these may work for you

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Spent a good amount of time in the Hawk cave again this evening. I paced it off and I have about 8 yards of chipping space and the surface is the utility/basement carpet with a 9x3 putting mat at the end. I chipped and putted with the e6, the ProV1, Z-Star, and the 330-RX. Ironically, the two times I holed out with the wedge was with the e6 and I contribute it to the ball having a little less spin. It hit the ground and rolled dead straight towards the hole. The other balls hit the ground, check slightly, and roll less. Adjustments are easy to make for either style of ball, imo.

The ball seems a little hot off of the putter face and has a nice sound for a non urethane covered ball.

Spent a good amount of time in the Hawk cave again this evening. I paced it off and I have about 8 yards of chipping space and the surface is the utility/basement carpet with a 9x3 putting mat at the end. I chipped and putted with the e6, the ProV1, Z-Star, and the 330-RX. Ironically, the two times I holed out with the wedge was with the e6 and I contribute it to the ball having a little less spin. It hit the ground and rolled dead straight towards the hole. The other balls hit the ground, check slightly, and roll less. Adjustments are easy to make for either style of ball, imo.

The ball seems a little hot off of the putter face and has a nice sound for a non urethane covered ball.

Nice reviews so far Hawk. I am anxious to pick up a dozen once they hit stores.

I started out with TF D2 striats, went to E6s and settled on TF Gammer V2s. Love the V2s, more distance and better around the greens. 3pcs ball for $20 doz. Picked up a box of E6 "yellow" to mix i up for my off days.

Am i reading right that the new E6 is 3pcs ???

I started out with TF D2 striats, went to E6s and settled on TF Gammer V2s. Love the V2s, more distance and better around the greens. 3pcs ball for $20 doz. Picked up a box of E6 "yellow" to mix i up for my off days.

Am i reading right that the new E6 is 3pcs ???

Yes, as were previous versions.

Great stuff so far Hawk! Very interested in seeing how these stack up to last year's ball.

I've seen a few ask whether 2011 e6 is also in yellow and orange and the answer is yes. Check their site for more details: http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/balls/e6.

e6-yellow-2.jpg

^^^Niiiice!

Excellent information Hawk. I play the e6 and it I can't even begin to describe what its done for my game. That ball alone has probably taken 10 strokes off my average. NOW I HAVE to go buy the 2011 balls to try them out too. Thanks again!!

I started playing the e6 (orange by the way) this year, and love it off of the tee. I am going to need to get used to the way it releases on the greens, but all in all, it seems like an excellent ball.

I REALLY want to get this ball on the course to test the dual dimples off the driver. One thing I am very happy about is that you can't see the dimples at address. They just sort of disappear.

I picked up a dozen of the new e6 the other day. I'm eager to get out on the course with them. Good luck with them Hawk!

Did I ever tell anybody how much I love the e6? I really just love this ball. The 2011 version is just as nice and really performed well for me today. It just feels so soft of the club face. It was almost like I wasn't hitting anything at all when I struck it clean. Off of the driver, I was getting some great launch, but it wasn't going in the right direction It was a huge high push with a bit of fade at the end that I just couldn't shake.

Not going to lie when I say that (up close) I don't love the look of the dual dimples. However, the beauty of them is that they disappear when you are looking at the ball at address. I can't see them at all when the ball is on the ground.

Good stuff Hawk and I look forward to hearing more. It looks like Bridgestone has another winner in their 2011 version!

I agree with you on the looks of the dual dimple, but you're right that they really aren't visible unless you're holding the ball in your hand looking at it. I'm glad you like the e6, how was the green side spin and overall iron spin with it? Probably not the best course conditions to be able to tell, but just wondering if you could get a feel for that.

Thanks!

Back