what do you eat during a round

after doing some research into this over the last 6 months, asking a lot of people including a couple of club pro's and a nutritionist. i have tried

1. bars of chocolate
2. oat bars
3. protein bars
4. packets of jellies
5. cooked meats (chicken, beef)
6. pre made wraps

the one that works best for me is the wraps but only when i make them at home before a round which can be a pain when playing an early round.

my question is do you try anything else, does it work for you and am i right in thinking we all have to find what works best for ourselves ??????
I'll eat anything I can find. I bring bagel sandwiches, oatmeal in tupperware, donuts, bananas, clif bars, buy hotdogs, anything. The worst thing is trying to play hungry. I figure a 4 mile hump will keep the pounds down for that day anyway.

Last edited:
clif bar

I'll eat anything I can find. I bring bagel sandwiches, oatmeal in tupperware, donuts, bananas, clif bars, buy hotdogs, anything. The worst thing is trying to play hungry. I figure a 4 mile hump will keep the pounds down for that day anyway.

Salmon and oysters. Maybe a steak.

Kevin

im with you guys... i cant play hungry and will eat whatever it takes to keep from going hungry... the tapeworm demands it

I eat a couple of Fiber One bars and something else. The something else is usually either a sandwich(PB&J) or some fruit. My favorite is probably a couple of Kiwi cut up.

I eat peanuts during the round. Sometimes I will grab a protein bar for the first 9. I normally get a sandwich or hot dog on the turn. If I am playing Cameron Hills, I will grab a BBQ sandwich on the turn. They have some great BBQ. I hate playing hungry

I have almonds, nature valley bars, and sometimes crackers w/ peanut butter.

I never buy food at the course always bring something with me.

1. Banana
2. PBJ/ Sandwich
3. Apple
4. Nature Vally Bar
5. Left of Pizza (if applicable)

I'll have an Uncrustable (frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwich) with water and/or gatorade. Maybe an apple or banana too. I like to keep it to light snacks.

if i could figure out how to stuff a rotisserie chicken into my golf bag and eat it without greasing up my hands during the round id do it

if i could figure out how to stuff a rotisserie chicken into my golf bag and eat it without greasing up my hands during the round id do it

Just need to get a bigger bag and cary wet wipes

Usually it's granola bars....maybe the occasional hot dog at the turn

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Almonds
Pecans
Beef jerky
Water
And sometimes a diet dr. Pepper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliff Shot Blocs - important when hot
PB&J or just Bread and Peanut Butter
Banana if we have them in the house

I usually have 1 of the following 3 things in my bag for a round, it just depends what we have in the house. Either almonds, nature valley oats & honey granola bar, nature valley oats & choclate granola bar.

almonds are good, sometime nature valley bars or fig newtons

The pickle from my bloody mary.

Normally a couple hot dogs at the turn and lots of water.

Raw Almonds
Nature Valley Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Fruit (Apple or Banana)
Sunflower seeds - I've become a big fan of Jim Beam BBQ flavored brand (just don't spit the shells on the greens!)

Nature Valley Oat & Honey or Chocolate granola bars, water and sport drinks (the less sugar the better), bananas are good... I like the Nature Valley bars because they do not melt, there are two to a package, and you can take a bite every hole or between shots to space it out so the burn lasts longer. I've noticed a definite improvement in round endurance by nibbling on a NV bar spaced out over much of the round vs just downing an entire snack all at once.

Pickle? Really? I've always seen celery stalks in BM's never seen a pickle

Depending on the bar, I have seen pickles, olives, a garlic clove, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, a beef hot stick, a piece of cheddar, and celery all in one bloody marry.

clifmojobar_10110429.png

Back