Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I went to the range last night to hit the R9 driver. I'm lucky it was late, because I walked into an ambush! One look at the nearest rack showed the new Cleveland drivers, and Mashies! Argh, temptation!!

But I stuck to my task, and took the R9 for a spin. All I can say is - Welcome home new driver! This thing suits me down to the ground. 10.5 degrees, slightly higher loft....wow, I can actually hit the ball up in the air with a driver! The x flex Motore F1 did not disappoint either. Felt very similar to the 3w shaft, and I loved it.

So....the R9 works and it'll be hitting my bag for this season, which means I've saved some money that I was intending to spend on a new driver.....

One last gap in my bag. The gap between 3w and 21 degree hybrid. Obviously the first answer is Mashie, but are there any others I should be pondering (round about 18/19 degree range)?

Paulo, about a year or two ago I decided to find the perfect hybrid for me. I hit all of them I could get my hands on. At the time I had the machspeed hybrid in my bag and anything had a chance to take its place. I demo'd tons of them and a couple of hybrids stood out to me, but ultimately, none of them offer what the Mashie can. At any rate, here's some of the hybrids that I liked:

Adams A7
Adams Superblack
Wilson Staff Fybrid
Ping i15

Those 4 did very well but at the time, none of them were better for me than my Machspeed, so I kept it. Now the Machspeed sits in a corner and is on the market place for sale. Do yourself a favor: get your Mashie on!

Do yourself a favor: get your Mashie on!

Very tempted, Bro! It's first on my list for a swing. I'll be honest, I'm not overjoyed with the look of the MAshie at address, due to the offset - but if it works, it works! I really want to love the Miyazaki too.
But, as always, I'm not going to discount any other options.

Very tempted, Bro! It's first on my list for a swing. I'll be honest, I'm not overjoyed with the look of the MAshie at address, due to the offset - but if it works, it works! I really want to love the Miyazaki too.
But, as always, I'm not going to discount any other options.

I hear ya, but when you hit it, all that other stuff is out the window. Can't wait to hear how it goes when you get your hands on one.

Paulo, another hybrid I would add to TC's list is the superlaunch from TM that P4B reviewed recently.

Paulo, another hybrid I would add to TC's list is the superlaunch from TM that P4B reviewed recently.

It would be nice to have all TM in my wooden sticks, right enough. Is that the hybrid version of the Superfast? I've seen a few of these on sale, but never had a swing with one.

Additional question for bonus points - anyone hit the TM Burner rescue with the Re-Ax shaft? I don't like the Re-Ax that's in my old R7, but wondering if this one was similar.

It would be nice to have all TM in my wooden sticks, right enough. Is that the hybrid version of the Superfast? I've seen a few of these on sale, but never had a swing with one.

Additional question for bonus points - anyone hit the TM Burner rescue with the Re-Ax shaft? I don't like the Re-Ax that's in my old R7, but wondering if this one was similar.

The superlaunch hybrid is like a mini superfast. I tested the Burner rescue and didn't care for it at all. Not sure if it had the Re-Ax or not.

The superlaunch hybrid is like a mini superfast. I tested the Burner rescue and didn't care for it at all. Not sure if it had the Re-Ax or not.

Cheers. My thinking is that I wouldn't like it anyway, due to the shaft and the fact that I've historically struggled with hybrids from TM, even back to the original Rescue! :D

Yes looks wise they are similar

Cheers. My thinking is that I wouldn't like it anyway, due to the shaft and the fact that I've historically struggled with hybrids from TM, even back to the original Rescue! :D

Stop fighting it and hit the Mashie! Watching you fumble around like you are is like watching Montguntery during a Major Championship. It's painful.

Stop fighting it and hit the Mashie! Watching you fumble around like you are is like watching Montguntery during a Major Championship. It's painful.

I agree with TC, the Mashie is the answer you are seeking!!

I agree with TC, the Mashie is the answer you are seeking!!

haha. I'm merely pacing out the yardages and setting myself up for the big finish. Much like the great Monty at the evening buffet!

ok, the Mashie is the clear favourite, without even hitting it. I hit the Laucher DST hybrid last year and liked it. Mashie is apparently better, with a better shaft.....can it be wrong?

haha. I'm merely pacing out the yardages and setting myself up for the big finish. Much like the great Monty at the evening buffet!

The terms Monty and pacing himself at a buffet have never been uttered. You have a better chance of witnessing him sitting on the buffet being the guy that licks each piece of food so no one else can touch it than you do having him pace himself.

ok, the Mashie is the clear favourite, without even hitting it. I hit the Laucher DST hybrid last year and liked it. Mashie is apparently better, with a better shaft.....can it be wrong?

There is always the chance it wont work for you, but combine the facts that almost everyone on here who has hit one has enjoyed the experience and the fact you liked the DST then I think you have your answer. Go get yo Mashie on!!

The terms Monty and pacing himself at a buffet have never been uttered. You have a better chance of witnessing him sitting on the buffet being the guy that licks each piece of food so no one else can touch it than you do having him pace himself.

I could imagine him wheeling the buffet cart into the corner and growling at anyone who dares approach. Although, at the level he plays - he has an impressive short game, so no food goes untouched! Doing his bit for the environment, cutting down on waste. See, the guy is a marvel.

There is always the chance it wont work for you, but combine the facts that almost everyone on here who has hit one has enjoyed the experience and the fact you liked the DST then I think you have your answer. Go get yo Mashie on!!

All the signs point to 'YEAH BABY!' , so I guess I better go swing one! :D

Paulo, its not a question of if you will like the Mashie but how many you actually end up with.

Lol I just read an article(can't remember where) and it was a pro golfer who was paired with Monty in the final round on Sunday. The golfer was sitting at lunch with his wife and eating a light lunch. He watched Monty eat plateful after plateful of food and he turned to his wife and told her there is no way a person can eat that much and still play a good round(paraphrasing big time here) The guy ended up beating Monty.

Paulo, its not a question of if you will like the Mashie but how many you actually end up with.

I like your confidence! This bat has big things to live up to.

I'm starting to seriously ponder adding the M5 Mashie to the fold. I could probably replace the 3 and 4 iron with this bad boy and leave an open slot for another wedge or niblick or just leave the 3 iron in the bag for punch outs, etc.

I'm starting to seriously ponder adding the M5 Mashie to the fold. I could probably replace the 3 and 4 iron with this bad boy and leave an open slot for another wedge or niblick or just leave the 3 iron in the bag for punch outs, etc.
Not a bad idea G4L.

Really wanting to try out the new Srixon driver

I am currently thinking about getting a set of adams cb1's but I hear they are coming out with the a12 iron set in the middle of the year. I dont know what to do!

I am currently thinking about getting a set of adams cb1's but I hear they are coming out with the a12 iron set in the middle of the year. I dont know what to do!

You're in the wrong thread if you want any answer but 'buy them both!' :wink:

Couple of options. Try the cb1s, love them, buy them. Don't love them, wait for a12s. Other option, try the cb1s, love them, wait for the a12s and then look for a bargain on the cb1s!

(note: I do not advocate waiting to buy equipment. It's too difficult!!)

You're in the wrong thread if you want any answer but 'buy them both!' :wink:

Couple of options. Try the cb1s, love them, buy them. Don't love them, wait for a12s. Other option, try the cb1s, love them, wait for the a12s and then look for a bargain on the cb1s!

(note: I do not advocate waiting to buy equipment. It's too difficult!!)

When Paulo is faced with a difficult golf purchasing decision, he always asks himself one question: "WWMAJD"

Spoiler
aka, What Would Miguel Angel Jimenez Do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back