Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - safe for Ping irons?

sdandrea1

Reaction score
Fredericksburg, Virginia, & Hernando, Florida
Handicap
Anybody ever used Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on their irons? I hear it is a piece of Melamine foam that uses abrasion for cleaning. Are these safe to use on painted surfaces like a driver crown? How about on muted finishes like many Ping irons? By safe, I mean, I don't want to scratch any surfaces.

Anybody ever used Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on their irons? I hear it is a piece of Melamine foam that uses abrasion for cleaning. Are these safe to use on painted surfaces like a driver crown? How about on muted finishes like many Ping irons? By safe, I mean, I don't want to scratch any surfaces.

Not sure I would use anything abrasive on the crown. I use car wax to clean the crowns of driver/woods. I doubt it would harm the irons though.

I used one to clean up my old Wilson Gooseneck Irons. It worked like a charm.

I have used it many times on all my clubs. Never had a single issue. THe abrasives in Magic Erasers are more chemical than physical and have never caused any harm to any of my clubs. While I will never guarantee anything, I can tell you that I am pretty fond of my equipment and have never had an issue and use it to clean my clubs all the time.

I use them on my Ping irons and the face of my driver. I also love to use them to clean my golf shoes.

I use them on my Ping irons and the face of my driver. I also love to use them to clean my golf shoes.

Quick note here KB. if you use them to clean leather, make sure you rehydrate the leather. A simple conditioner for auto interiors works quite well. It keeps them from cracking.

I found that the best thing to clean with is lighter fluid. Takes away all the marks

Quick note here KB. if you use them to clean leather, make sure you rehydrate the leather. A simple conditioner for auto interiors works quite well. It keeps them from cracking.

Thanks for the tip JB!

I have used it many times on all my clubs. Never had a single issue. THe abrasives in Magic Erasers are more chemical than physical and have never caused any harm to any of my clubs. While I will never guarantee anything, I can tell you that I am pretty fond of my equipment and have never had an issue and use it to clean my clubs all the time.

I agree with JB. I use the Magic Eraser on all my clubs, including the grips. I have white multicomp grips on my driver and 5W and now they look like new again!

I agree with JB. I use the Magic Eraser on all my clubs, including the grips. I have white multicomp grips on my driver and 5W and now they look like new again!

They do WONDERS on the grips. Great tip for those that like clean grips.

Magic erasers are the best! My R9's and golf pride multi compound grips love them!

They do WONDERS on the grips. Great tip for those that like clean grips.

Going to go steal one from the wife and try it out. Thanks for the tips!

My wife must own stock in these, but it never occurred to me to use one to clean the clubs. Good idea!!

Thanks for the tip about cleaning the grips!! Very good to know.

gonna have to try this out

I have used them for a couple years on all clubs and they work great.

Now that I have a bunch of white grips I am VERY glad I found this thread. Thanks everyone!

I do the same thing with my white leather golf shoes. Works like a charm.

Great tip, as these arent available in Mexico, I just ordered some so I can bring them back on my next trip stateside. The ability to keep the grips nice and clean is great

I am going to have to try this for my white leather golf shoes. thanks,

Great tip! I am kind of obsessive about cleaning my clubs and grips, I will definitely try this out next time.

'Am going to try them, too!

I've never needed anything other than water and a soft brush, why chance it

I've never needed anything other than water and a soft brush, why chance it

Are you fearful of the magic eraser damaging your clubs or grips? I have used it often with no problems on my driver face, iron heads, grips, and shoes.

I still used water and a brush for the grooves of the iron faces first.

Back