Breaking Clubs have you done it?

Haven't broken one yet... but I'm terrified of shattering my driver at the driving range since I still can't control where the head goes.

I've never broken a club over a bad shot. The worst thing Im guilty for is sometimes being pissed about it and keeping the club in my hand approaching the ball where ever it landed. With a I'll show you club attitude, then the usual result is blasting a great shot off that sails way over the green and into the woods/parking lot/road/whatever happens to be behind the green.

I think the most recent occurance was my 2nd to last round of last year, I topped a ball but it managed to still go 25-30 yards down the course. Well I was already pretty pissed by that point, it was the 18th, Id lost prolly 3 sleeves of balls, and I wasn't going to let the club win. I set up and hit a bomb of a shot with my iron, it flew over the green by probably 30-40 yards, hit the cart return area, and bounced into the barn where they store the carts. Needless to say I just dropped a ball on the green, putted out, and went home.

4 drivers, but not in anger or on purpose..

Once, strangely. I put the club in the front seat of my car with plans on going to Golfsmith during lunch. I get to work and need to get something out of the back seat. Car has automatic seats with one touch button and the seat automatically goes back and forth. Well....pushed the button, forgot about the club, and heard a nice crackling sound??? 5 wood shaft snapped! It was gonna get a grip change, but ended up needing a shaft too! :banghead:

I woulda been swimming just as soon as he was out of sight. Those clubs and bag would have been on ebay before he had a chance to change his mind.

It was a private club, also members that are friends with Daly so there was nobody jumping in or anything.

Never done it. When I get upset I blame it on the club. I have given away quite a few clubs I was mad at.

3 different drivers....cracked the face in 2 of them and the bottom of my trusty FT-5 cracked like a few other folks have.
I've broken 3 drivers but not in anger.

I figure that I'm not that good to get that angry.

Funny story... Never broke a club on purpose, but one day I was playing with my dad and almost made a really long putt and did the little club flip where you catch it on the handle. Not angry, just like, that would have been awesome if it went in. Well, I didn't catch it on the handle and the toe of the club hit the green and it broke at the hozel. It was a pretty crappy putter, but I didn't have a putter for the rest of the round. So I was using my dad's putter. Well my dad had a long shot from off the green that he decided he was going to putt instead of chip. Well, he took a big backstroke and hit the ground before the ball and the same thing happened, putter snapped at the hozel! That day, we learned how to putt with 3 irons.

3 different drivers....cracked the face in 2 of them and the bottom of my trusty FT-5 cracked like a few other folks have.
I've broken 3 drivers but not in anger.

I figure that I'm not that good to get that angry.

ive cracked 1 driver and dented the bottom side of 2 other drivers mysteriously

Just have to remember throwing clubs makes you look like this clown.....

judge-smails.jpg

You must not have many people who want to play with you. Its not cool to act immature, plus dangerous. I won't play with anyone that acts that way.

Two years ago on my second day out on the course with my new 09 Burner TP I was on the tee box swinging an iron around my body in a baseball fashion...just a feel drill...and I clearly was not paying attention because I swung it around and heard THWACK, right into my bag and immediatley my stomach turned since I struck the bag in the worst possible spot, right where my graphite shafted clubs were located. Wouldnt you know I pull out my brand new driver and there is a huge crack in the shaft. I felt like laying down on the tee box and throwing a tantrum like my 2 year old daughter. Worst golf day of my life.

Back in my early years I soft tossed a few clubs. Can't remember ever breaking one though. I've had a few break from hitting trees on follow throughs. Since I've gotten back after injury I realize how much I enjoy this game so I very rarely get that mad. I'll mutter something to myself if I hit a few bad shots in a row but generally I'm pretty mild mannered on the course.

Sadly I have broke lots of em...but I had a golf shop and know how to fix em, so I get off a little cheaper. Dont do it anymore though.

Never intentionally broke a club. I had the head of a driver fly off on the tee once. Unfortunately, the club head went further than the ball.

I've never even thought of breaking a club. I've played tennis for years and have never thrown a racquet either. I get really pissed in both, but I know it's my fault not my clubs or racquets.

+10000

I have never broken a club out of anger. My grandfather, who is no longer with us, would have never forgiven me...

I had a Cleveland VAS Driver back in the day. I have a pretty fast swing speed and I was going for a green on a par 4 that I have driven before. As soon as I hit the ball and was going to my backswing the head flew off and hit my dad right in the forearm. I thought he was going to kill me! His arm swelled up and I felt sooo bad after that.

I have never broken a club out of anger but have broken a 7 iron. Clubs were cold and hit a ball on the hosel. Head went further than the ball.

I've only broken one club, a driver. I broke it at a range right after hitting a ball. I almost cried because it was the best driver I've ever had. I was never able to replace the shaft that was anywhere near the match of the original shaft.

I've never ever deliberately thrown or broken a club. I've never even thought of doing it. I may say a few choice words under my breath, tho'.

Never broken anything through usage, luckily and havent done so out of anger or frustration either. I have thought about it I admit but I calm down

Back