Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Yes you can get lie angles adjusted by ordering through Cleveland.

CB -- That is interesting and thanks for the heads up. I will be going through a fitting soon and did not know the Mashies could be altered.

CB -- That is interesting and thanks for the heads up. I will be going through a fitting soon and did not know the Mashies could be altered.

I think TC might have Two degrees upright on his mashie and JB has mentioned that he has seen the Cleveland Tour van alter or make custom hybrids.

M1 is in. Gonna take it to the course in a couple mins. Well outdoor range :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think TC might have Two degrees upright on his mashie and JB has mentioned that he has seen the Cleveland Tour van alter or make custom hybrids.

My Mashie is standard lie angle but it is 1/2" longer.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I Mashied my finger and have it all taped up, does that count as Mashie experiance? and I think it altered the lie of my finger!

I Mashied my finger and have it all taped up, does that count as Mashie experiance? and I think it altered the lie of my finger!

LOL well there went soda all over the screen!!

LOL well there went soda all over the screen!!

Lol, sorry Wulff. I should have put this in the Rant thread, but couldn't help myself. Same finger I broke a couple weeks ago, it hurts to laugh, haha

No I think it fit perfect in this one. By the way did I see earlier in this thread that you are buying a mashie?

No I think it fit perfect in this one. By the way did I see earlier in this thread that you are buying a mashie?

Pretty good chance. I was going to order it yesterday and decided to wait and compair with several other brands. I'm pretty sold on my TM Rescues, so may put these up against the R11 and get the actual numbers.

So I got a chance to hit the mashie this weekend and I am very happy with it. The distance of the M2 is very similar to my pro black with an Oban Kiyoshi shaft. I got both the M2 and M4 with the 83g X shaft. Very smooth shafts and very tight. I only had 3 shots with the mashie but 2 of the 3 were great. It's an amazing club from bad lies. I hit the M2 about 250 on a par 5 and the M4 about 215-220. The bad shot I hit with the M2 was a yank left from a lie that had the ball at about my knees. I really like the flight with the heavier shaft and the head feel extremely solid. I don't like a weak high cor face on a hybrid as I want it to feel like an iron. I am extremely pleased to say these are 10x easier to hit than the pro black. Very happy so far.

i hit the 15.5 today with the 59s. i grabbed the club and took a swing and trackman came back with 265 total dead center. needless to say not all the other shots came back like this, but i do like this club. i am debating getting the 15.5 but i can't decide if the 59 or 83 would be the best choice.

i thought the depth of the face along with the grey coloring was darn near perfect, i did think there was a tad too much offset, but i think a person would get over that real soon. the club seems to be a bit too upright as well but i am reading these can be bent a bit.

Just leaving the range. Something definitely feels different with the M1. I couldnt tell distance and really try not too with range balls but it was going furtherthan the M3 by an ok margin. One thing is it has more of a ting sound and feel than the M3. Not a good range day but Ill be back tomorrow. Another thing, I heavily favored a fade today. I blame my golf shoes haha. **They were the NIkes I said I would never wear again. Two range sessions and two cases of the SHANKS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just leaving the range. Something definitely feels different with the M1. I couldnt tell distance and really try not too with range balls but it was going furtherthan the M3 by an ok margin. One thing is it has more of a ting sound and feel than the M3. Not a good range day but Ill be back tomorrow. Another thing, I heavily favored a fade today. I blame my golf shoes haha. **They were the NIkes I said I would never wear again. Two range sessions and two cases of the SHANKS.

Stupid shoes! I hit the M1 today and loved it....I told Nerfny I would go the month of March w/o a purchase but that M1 is seriously calling my name.

So today was the first time I got the Mashie to the course. I did not have a chance to hit it off the turf as this is a pretty short course and really there was no time that called for it. I hit the Mashie 4 times off the tee box. It averaged 240 with one getting out to 255. This thing is perhaps the most point and shoot club off the tee that I have every had the pleasure of hitting. Aim for the right side of the fairway and it hits a beautiful little draw. I am in love. I'm not even sure I need a 3 wood anymore. I am in love!

So today was the first time I got the Mashie to the course. I did not have a chance to hit it off the turf as this is a pretty short course and really there was no time that called for it. I hit the Mashie 4 times off the tee box. It averaged 240 with one getting out to 255. This thing is perhaps the most point and shoot club off the tee that I have every had the pleasure of hitting. Aim for the right side of the fairway and it hits a beautiful little draw. I am in love. I'm not even sure I need a 3 wood anymore. I am in love!

What did you get CL, M2??

Yeah M2. I was thinking that I could use the M2 as a 3 wood replacement off the deck and get a deep faced fairway to hit off the tee. This thing is so good off the tee I don't see a reason to get a 3 wood for the tee box. I didn't miss the fairway once today when using the Mashie.

That is some awesome distance from the M2. I was considering going M1 as a 3w replacement. My guess is you have a pretty high swing speed. I'm so gonna Mash it up. Mash me some taters.
Yeah M2. I was thinking that I could use the M2 as a 3 wood replacement off the deck and get a deep faced fairway to hit off the tee. This thing is so good off the tee I don't see a reason to get a 3 wood for the tee box. I didn't miss the fairway once today when using the Mashie.

i have yet to hit a mashie but have been in love from the pics and reviews,....i hope to be as in love after i finally hit one.

i would really like to ditch my 3 and 5 wood and replace them with a mashie or long hybrid. my 3 hybrid i hit about the same as my 5 wood and really see no reason to replace it. but the M1 sounds right up my alley.

That is some awesome distance from the M2. I was considering going M1 as a 3w replacement. My guess is you have a pretty high swing speed. I'm so gonna Mash it up. Mash me some taters.

I really don't though. The ball just jumps off the face of this club.

To the lucky few that were selected to do the long term testing on the Cleveland Mashie, please remember that the long term testing has NOT been completed. Weekly feedback at a minimum is still needed!

To the lucky few that were selected to do the long term testing on the Cleveland Mashie, please remember that the long term testing has NOT been completed. Weekly feedback at a minimum is still needed!

The Mashie and I have a date today on the course. Now that it's getting warmer it looks as though my Monday golf routine with one of my customers is back into effect. The guy that I'm playing with is a huge Cleveland Golf fan so I can't wait to show off the Mashie to him. He'll buy one before the end of the day, I can almost garauntee it.

We're playing a pin-point accuracy type golf course today where the Mashie will certainly come in handy. I will certainly update this thread this evening.

Get yo Mashie on!

Good luck out there, TC.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

The Mashie and I have a date today on the course. Now that it's getting warmer it looks as though my Monday golf routine with one of my customers is back into effect. The guy that I'm playing with is a huge Cleveland Golf fan so I can't wait to show off the Mashie to him. He'll buy one before the end of the day, I can almost garauntee it.

We're playing a pin-point accuracy type golf course today where the Mashie will certainly come in handy. I will certainly update this thread this evening.

Get yo Mashie on!

Mash it up TC

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Back