What Do You Think of The New #1?

He's a solid player and very deserving. Its also nice that he seems to be a class act and not very egotistical.

As has been said, he fits.. who else would you pick for #1. The obvious #1 choice is Kaymer

I think he's deserving and I've been very impressed with his quietly strong demeanor. I'll be one of those pulling for him and could see him hold onto this for some time. I don't agree that he never get's rattled, I thought he looked a bit shook during several matches this weekend, especially against Jimenez. He struggled there for a while, just not enough so for Jimenez to get it done.

That dickey he's wearing again today is a little bizarre. That would irritate my neck beard.

Kevin

It seems weird, he just almost shot out of nowhere. It wasn't til his Major win that I had heard of him and now he's the new #1? Crazy.

That's because he didn't start out in the US, but he's climbed the rankings ridiculously fast. :) He was talked about a fair bit, even in his first Challenge Tour season. Lots of "this guy's gonna be goooood"-comments. He went from playing his native German tour to being the Rookie of the Year in Europe in less than 20 months. Dominated the German tour, played like 9 tournaments on the CT and won a bunch, got his ET card and that was just 3-4 years ago.

That's because he didn't start out in the US, but he's climbed the rankings ridiculously fast. :) He was talked about a fair bit, even in his first Challenge Tour season. Lots of "this guy's gonna be goooood"-comments. He went from playing his native German tour to being the Rookie of the Year in Europe in less than 20 months. Dominated the German tour, played like 9 tournaments on the CT and won a bunch, got his ET card and that was just 3-4 years ago.

I remember the stories at this years ryder about kaymer being a special guest of the european team in 2008 at valhalla because Langer thought kaymer was going to be really good and wanted to get him used to the experience.

I am a member of your rival church, the fellowship of Duplo church.

I'm a member of the Bedside Baptist......and I think he is a great number one!

He was world number 25 2 years ago, so not really 'out of nowhere'. But yeah, I guess he's hit the big stage hard this past couple of years.

He was asked who the best player in the world is last week. He said 'Lee Westwood, obviously'. He was asked the same question today. He said 'Lee Westwood. Until tomorrow'. :D

Solid player will be a good #1 for golf.

I enjoy watching him play. I think Kaymer is really solid and gifted as well. He deserves to be #1

It will be interesting to see how long he can keep it. He's very consistent, is at his prime and seems he will be for many years to come, and seems like he will not have any tiger-like issues.

It will be interesting to see how long he can keep it. He's very consistent, is at his prime and seems he will be for many years to come, and seems like he will not have any tiger-like issues.

Two years ago most of us would have thought that about TW. I hope he keeps his head and I highly doubt he will become a scumbag like TW. Could be a interesting year in regards to No.1.

He has completely earned it. This year is looking pretty good for world rankings. Not sure who will be #1 at year's end, but Kaymer will definitely stay in the mix for years to come.

I think it's going to be an interesting year with him, GMac and Donald jockeying for 1st place all season long

He seems to be good to me. Very professional

Do Americans like Kaymer better because he knocked Westwood down to #2? Would you like him just as much if it was Tiger who had to give up the #1 spot?

I do think that Kaymer in a sense is more worthy #1 than Westwood. I really don't know why, but I guess it all comes down to the person because Westwood had a really good run of results that ultimately made him #1.

I personally don't care where they're from, Kaymer earned number 1 by winning and being consistent, not just the latter.

Do Americans like Kaymer better because he knocked Westwood down to #2? Would you like him just as much if it was Tiger who had to give up the #1 spot?

I do think that Kaymer in a sense is more worthy #1 than Westwood. I really don't know why, but I guess it all comes down to the person because Westwood had a really good run of results that ultimately made him #1.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I like him. He's classy, respectful, and a true professional. I only see him improving, and see him he keeping the #1 spot for quite some time.

Tap before talk.

I like seeing him as #1, but I think it is horrible luck to wear the same purple sweater 2 days in a row.

As many others have said, a huge improvement over Westwood.

I like seeing him as #1, but I think it is horrible luck to wear the same purple sweater 2 days in a row.

It only counts as 2 days in Kaymers world if he sleeps. Sleep during a tournament week is a weakness, Martin is a MACHINE and wouldn't let this happen.

As many others have said, a huge improvement over Westwood.

Quite interested to hear how he improves on Westwood as world number 1 though? Didn't they both qualify as number 1 through the same system?

Your fandom is always wonderful paulo.

Your fandom is always wonderful paulo.

Thankyou sir. I do try to sit on the fence. The European fence, which is so high that the US guys are now struggling to even catch the scraps our guys are dropping! :D

The aforementioned fence is also grease-coated, by the chicken grease dribbling from King Monty's proud chin. Making it even more difficult to scale.

Euro 1-2-3-4 for the first time in 19 years. I'm making the most of it while I can! :wink:

The guy is a machine, never gets rattled. And unless he has some reason for his wife to chase after his SUV with a 9 iron he should be there for awhile.

Comedy gold right there.LOL

Back