Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

To the lucky few that were selected to do the long term testing on the Cleveland Mashie, please remember that the long term testing has NOT been completed. Weekly feedback at a minimum is still needed!

I am out of town till Tuesday, but I plan on getting to the range Thursday and out to the course this weekend.

When I was out last Friday TC, the guy I played with absolutely loved the Mashie!!!! It's fun to let others hit the club imo. I must've talked about the club for 2-3 holes.

Even with the M1 in my bag, the M3 is still my favorite club. The M1 has a different feel to it for sure.

The Mashie and I have a date today on the course. Now that it's getting warmer it looks as though my Monday golf routine with one of my customers is back into effect. The guy that I'm playing with is a huge Cleveland Golf fan so I can't wait to show off the Mashie to him. He'll buy one before the end of the day, I can almost garauntee it.

We're playing a pin-point accuracy type golf course today where the Mashie will certainly come in handy. I will certainly update this thread this evening.

Get yo Mashie on!

Wanted to share some Mashie love from my not so great round yesterday. I mis-hit the Mashie a few times too many yesterday and I wasnt happy about it. But it happens and its still early. But I hit some great Mashie shots and one really stood out. I hit 3W to dead center of the #1 HCP hole. I didnt catch the downward slope of hill and being it was like swamp in a lot of places there was no roll. So I was left with over 200 to the green. Actually I had a sprinkler head just behind me that read 216. So I grabbed the M3, aimed a little to the right of the green and ripped it. Heres the picture of where it landed.

7f187492.jpg

did you one putt that bad boy into the hole?

The Mashie is going to be a nice addition for those that already have it

Wanted to share some Mashie love from my not so great round yesterday. I mis-hit the Mashie a few times too many yesterday and I wasnt happy about it. But it happens and its still early. But I hit some great Mashie shots and one really stood out. I hit 3W to dead center of the #1 HCP hole. I didnt catch the downward slope of hill and being it was like swamp in a lot of places there was no roll. So I was left with over 200 to the green. Actually I had a sprinkler head just behind me that read 216. So I grabbed the M3, aimed a little to the right of the green and ripped it. Heres the picture of where it landed.

7f187492.jpg

OEM, throwing darts out there, or dare I say, getting his Mashie on!

Great shot buddy. I would love to have a Mashie approach shot like that one.

did you one putt that bad boy into the hole?

The Mashie is going to be a nice addition for those that already have it

No, it wasnt a good day putting. Had quite a few one putts that I should have made but missed.

OEM, throwing darts out there, or dare I say, getting his Mashie on!

Great shot buddy. I would love to have a Mashie approach shot like that one.

Thanks Captain TC. Good luck out there getting your Mashie on today. Bring back some good stories and remember, Biggsy drives for show but FLTC putts for the win.

I went out to the LA golf show yesterday with two golfing friends and had a blast. We got there early and not alot of people had arrived so we immediately headed to the vendor range and started hitting different clubs. These guys are two taylormade fanatics and they rushed over to hit the r11 first. I then took them over to the cleveland booth and put a mashie in each of there hands. I explained all I knew about the club and the shaft and what I and others have experienced through the testing. The rep from Cleveland was amazed in the amount of detail knowledge I had on this club. Both guys swung the M1, M2 and M3 and liked what they saw and heard, having seen my club in action on the course and the success they were having was enough for one of them who bought an M2 right then. Another person added to team Mashie!!!

Great shot Kevin!!! I have hit quite a few of those since adding the Mashie to my bag. This club has really built up my confidence on the course and I have been seeing great results lately!!!

Thanks Captain TC. Good luck out there getting your Mashie on today. Bring back some good stories and remember, Biggsy drives for show but FLTC putts for the win.

hahaha, true that....plus, I don't think he has a Mashie in his bag, that automatically makes me better. I love the course I'm playing today. It's challenging but if you can keep the ball in the right spots of the fairway you can be aggressive into the greens.

I'm already thinking about what holes I'm tee'ing off on with the Mashie.

hahaha, true that....plus, I don't think he has a Mashie in his bag, that automatically makes me better. I love the course I'm playing today. It's challenging but if you can keep the ball in the right spots of the fairway you can be aggressive into the greens.

I'm already thinking about what holes I'm tee'ing off on with the Mashie.

Nothing like beginning your round with a great Mashie crack! Ive become addicted to it that sound. Yesterday it seemed the M2 was approaching the 3W in distance. But with no GPS it was hard to tell.

Nothing like beginning your round with a great Mashie crack! Ive become addicted to it that sound. Yesterday it seemed the M2 was approaching the 3W in distance. But with no GPS it was hard to tell.

doh! I really will be taking a long, hard look at the M2 replacing my 3wood. It's seriously in the running and I've never even hit it.....is that bad?

doh! I really will be taking a long, hard look at the M2 replacing my 3wood. It's seriously in the running and I've never even hit it.....is that bad?

If this was the TM SF 3W thread then yes its bad but since this is the Mashie thread, get your Mashie on! Im still pondering the M1 because at this point I have to ask, Can you have too many Mashie?

If this was the TM SF 3W thread then yes its bad but since this is the Mashie thread, get your Mashie on! Im still pondering the M1 because at this point I have to ask, Can you have too many Mashie?

I honestly don't know. he club just gets it done. Even when you miss your target, it's ok, b/c the ball flight was great, the distance was great, the impact felt awesome, it sounded awesome, and more often than not, you're still in good shape after the ball lands.

Never can have enough Mashies!!! Maybe you can use the M1 as a putter.

M1 Mashie

M1 Mashie

I am definitely going to test the M1 to replace my 3-wood which has already been replaced by a Baffler. The M1 15.5 should be a cannon off the tee & off the deck. Looking forward to some test runs with it!

I wish that it was in my bag for the winter months when the grass was brown and flat. I believe with some practice it would work pretty good! It would even work well in the thick summer cut around greens to pop out and run to the hole.

I think I would have putted better yesterday with the M1.

I honestly don't know. he club just gets it done. Even when you miss your target, it's ok, b/c the ball flight was great, the distance was great, the impact felt awesome, it sounded awesome, and more often than not, you're still in good shape after the ball lands.

I had a couple shots with the Mashie yesterday that I hit fat and thin, both times it was straight with the expected distance loss but still in play.

I think I would have putted better yesterday with the M1..

I know that feeling all too well lately!

I have tried the M1 a couple of times and for some reason, it is not as comfortable to me as when I have swung the other 4. Mabe it is the added length I dunno but I am in a holding pattern for purchasing my next one till I figure it out.

Well since my M2 will be at the outing you can hit him all you want and see if you love him. Going to try and get my Mashie on today if the weather holds, 6 inchs of rain over the past 24 hours has taken all the snow away so if I can sneak out of the office early its MASHIE TIME.

Well since my M2 will be at the outing you can hit him all you want and see if you love him. Going to try and get my Mashie on today if the weather holds, 6 inchs of rain over the past 24 hours has taken all the snow away so if I can sneak out of the office early its MASHIE TIME.

I'll more than likely be taking you up on your offer cool!

T-minus 60 minutes and I'll be pulling that retro sock head cover off my Mashie and letting it eat a Taylormade Burner Tour golf ball!

So I've really been thinking about my time with the M1 yesterday and there is something I just can't get out of my head. For anyone that has hit the M1, did you notice a different sound/feel to it? I've hit the M2 and it didn't feel any different or sound different than the M3.

I'm not trying to harp and I'm not saying its a pro/con. Just wondering what everyone else's experience is with the sound/feel.

Came here REALLY hoping to find glowing reviews on the R11 hybrid, ended up ordering an M2. Plus you guys saved me $60 so thanks........I think.

Haha. I think youll like it a lot. Especially if you are used to that loft. The ball flight is penetrating and it lands very soft. The feel is also much different than other hybrids and you'll know what it's like to have been Mashie'd!!!

When I was talking different feel that was only with the M1 as opposed to the M2.

Came here REALLY hoping to find glowing reviews on the R11 hybrid, ended up ordering an M2. Plus you guys saved me $60 so thanks........I think.

Haha. I think youll like it a lot. Especially if you are used to that loft. The ball flight is penetrating and it lands very soft. The feel is also much different than other hybrids and you'll know what it's like to have been Mashie'd!!!

When I was talking different feel that was only with the M1 as opposed to the M2.

Yeah everything I read has me looking forward to playing it. Despite the fact that it looks like it was taken straight out of the sand blaster and shafted up.

Yeah everything I read has me looking forward to playing it. Despite the fact that it looks like it was taken straight out of the sand blaster and shafted up.

no way!!! I love the retro look. But I guess to each their own

:) That's gonna be part of the charm. It's one of those clubs I don't mind getting dirty.

Back