TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Sure does!
Thanks man, even though some say it doesnt help with performance i actually think it does and doesnt at the same time lol, It only changes face angle which isnt gonna add yards or take yards away but the confidence is where im seeing the gain from it, looking down at the driver and being able to have it setup exactly how you like it (open for me) makes me be able to really go after it and not worry about missing left. Also being able to add some loft and not have a closed face really adds some confidence as well, again i dont worry about missing left. Hope this makes sense

People question the sole plate because not everybody grounds their driver and then grips and others re-grip somewhere along the way but as long as you ground it and then grip and keep your grip it should do something for you.

There was an R11 for sale on another board with an Oban Kiyashi 55 shaft in S flex. If it had been a 65 or maybe even a 75 I am not sure I could have resisted it.

I'll be putting the R11 up against the 910 D2 for a nice driver battle. R11 will have to be real good to dethrone the D2.

I'll be putting the R11 up against the 910 D2 for a nice driver battle. R11 will have to be real good to dethrone the D2.

I had to do that test as well, and let me tell ya the 910 D2 is one hell of a driver. Side by side I loved them both but the win went to the R11 for me because of the extra 10 yrds. The 910 I had trouble averaging over 300yrds with the R11 it wasn't a issue. But like I said The 910 is an incredable driver I loved it.

I had to do that test as well, and let me tell ya the 910 D2 is one hell of a driver. Side by side I loved them both but the win went to the R11 for me because of the extra 10 yrds. The 910 I had trouble averaging over 300yrds with the R11 it wasn't a issue. But like I said The 910 is an incredable driver I loved it.

I hit 2 over 300 today but good lord you are averaging 3 bills? That is sick

I hit 2 over 300 today but good lord you are averaging 3 bills? That is sick
Yes on the launch monitor ... can't say what my average is on the course. Not all the holes are perfectly flat and straight!!!! lol

Yes on the launch monitor ... can't say what my average is on the course. Not all the holes are perfectly flat and straight!!!! lol

Lol my big drives are always downhill

used it for second straight day today after some adjustments. I have 9*

changed loft to +1 deg and moved weight plate to open. Also switched weights so the red one is on the outside.

Started out blasted the ball but tailing a little right... changed weight plate to neutral but kept weights the same. hit it really well. so happy with my purchase and looking forward to hitting it well.

used it for second straight day today after some adjustments. I have 9*

changed loft to +1 deg and moved weight plate to open. Also switched weights so the red one is on the outside.

Started out blasted the ball but tailing a little right... changed weight plate to neutral but kept weights the same. hit it really well. so happy with my purchase and looking forward to hitting it well.

Its not a weight plate, its a ASP plate, adjustable sole plate. Also weights are either toe or heel, just trying to help out so nobody gets confused lol, not trying to be a ahole.

My R11 bit the dust...kind of. The ASP screw doesn't screw in any more. I went to the store and tried another soleplate with my driver but it still didn't go in, so maybe the part inside the club is stripped? I've only used the torque wrench supplied, so I don't think it's my error. I'm gonna call TM tomorrow and see about sending it in. I only registered it today because I never thought about it before. Do you guys think that'll be a problem? Has anybody dealt with TM customer support before? How are they? Any input would be much appreciated!

My R11 bit the dust...kind of. The ASP screw doesn't screw in any more. I went to the store and tried another soleplate with my driver but it still didn't go in, so maybe the part inside the club is stripped? I've only used the torque wrench supplied, so I don't think it's my error. I'm gonna call TM tomorrow and see about sending it in. I only registered it today because I never thought about it before. Do you guys think that'll be a problem? Has anybody dealt with TM customer support before? How are they? Any input would be much appreciated!

TM Customer service is top notch, only thing is they are backordered right now, something in my head broke and is rattling and they said it would be at least until March 7th if not later until they could send me a new one, so who i bought it from sent one from their stock and i just have to send the broke one back.

Finally got the R11 out to the course yesterday for the first official round of the year (after 3 months off). I've hit the R11 once on the range, and week earlier, and was hitting it great. The course I play is very tight and the wind was blowing 15-20mph yesterday, so I knew it would be a good test for the R11. Started off 3 for 3 hitting 2 ropes of a drive and another good one but caught a tree at the corner of a dog leg. The wind was into on the 1st hole and cross on the next 2. The 2nd hole was 398yds and I had 100yds to the pin. The 3rd hole was 426yds and I had 101yds to the pin. I was quite happy. Then the next 4 driver holes I pulled them straight left. With my old FT9, I would play a nice 20-25yd cut on most of my drives. I have the R11 set with a draw weight and open face with the ASP. The ball went exactly where I was lined up, however without the cut. So needless to say, the club was working and the player was not adjusting. Got to the 9th hole and belted a 260yd drive straight into a 20mph wind down the fairway. The next 2 holes I hit another 2 good drives but clipped some trees with some extremely bad luck in doing so. Finished up the last 5 holes again hitting 4 of them left and 1 good blast where I ended up under another tree.

To sum it up, the drives went straight....straight to where I was lining up! Old habit, was expecting a cut on my drives and instead the ball was going straight. That is why I put the weights in the draw setting to eliminate the cut. I need to start trusting the club and the settings because when I did it was a sight of beauty! The wind didn't help the cause either so I need to put a little outcome on that. Overall, very happy with the club and especially LOVE the sound that the R11 makes when hit. Ended with a 78 so was happy with that after 3 months off! Playing 2 rounds this next weekend so will update on the adjustments!

Nice review!!! Glad to see you are having early success with the R11

Very nice!!!!!

As simple as the technology is, I'm really curious about the AST. I would wan't to see how each position impacts my shots for the round.

Very nice!!!!!

As simple as the technology is, I'm really curious about the AST. I would wan't to see how each position impacts my shots for the round.

Yeah, the AST is what intrigues me most... can it help me hit better drives? Hopefully I'll get to try that out soon.

Got the R11 TP and the 3 wood coming. Then it's a battle with my current stock. So far what I'm reading it seems to be 70-30 like/dislike.

Did you go with the Blur TP shaft or another option? Did you get a chance to demo in a store or outdoors first?

Got the R11 TP and the 3 wood coming. Then it's a battle with my current stock. So far what I'm reading it seems to be 70-30 like/dislike.

Did you go with the Blur TP shaft or another option? Did you get a chance to demo in a store or outdoors first?

I went with the TP Blur. I hit it in the store but everything I've read it seems the consensus is to give the R11 some time and play around with it. It will go up against my VR Pro and RAZR Hawk Tour. Now my VR has to go in because it has a rattle in the head, which isn't good for that club cause the RHT was hot as hell.

BTW......Nice looking dog, I have a 4yr old Fawn. ;)

Thanks buddy, we had to put Mags down but we have another, Sid. She is fawn as well!

That sounds like an amazing shoot out between those drivers! Definitely give the R11 time. Easy on the eyes that is for sure. Are you going to tinker with the settings?

I went with the TP Blur. I hit it in the store but everything I've read it seems the consensus is to give the R11 some time and play around with it. It will go up against my VR Pro and RAZR Hawk Tour. Now my VR has to go in because it has a rattle in the head, which isn't good for that club cause the RHT was hot as hell.

BTW......Nice looking dog, I have a 4yr old Fawn. ;)

Thanks buddy, we had to put Mags down but we have another, Sid. She is fawn as well!

That sounds like an amazing shoot out between those drivers! Definitely give the R11 time. Easy on the eyes that is for sure. Are you going to tinker with the settings?

Awe, sorry to hear about your pup.

I will play around with the settings and probably pick up a shaft or two from an R9 or something to test. The only concern I have is for the FW and the ASP's interaction with the turf.

That's cool Red, I've know quite a few people who have the adjustable drivers but rarely mess with the settings. Which, I understand why. But I've always been curious myself. Hoping you find the one out of those drivers you have. Gonna be a lot of fun!

Awe, sorry to hear about your pup.

I will play around with the settings and probably pick up a shaft or two from an R9 or something to test. The only concern I have is for the FW and the ASP's interaction with the turf.

That's cool Red, I've know quite a few people who have the adjustable drivers but rarely mess with the settings. Which, I understand why. But I've always been curious myself. Hoping you find the one out of those drivers you have. Gonna be a lot of fun!

This is actually my first year messing with adjustable drivers. It's nice, cause you can fit it to your swing, set it, and forget it. I don't think anyone should get one in an effort to constantly be changing their shot pattern.

Should be fun. Now my wife doesn't share the same enthusiasm, but that's for another thread.

I plan on hitting the R11 soon... and will have a blast adjusting the settings. When I first got the Supertri, I loved messing with the settings to find the perfect combo for my swing (and my typical misses).

Haha... Been there my friend!

I agree with your thoughts on the shot pattern. I think it's cool for the initial adjustment and if the swing ever changes at least the option is there. I'm looking forward to seeing which one wins out for you!

This is actually my first year messing with adjustable drivers. It's nice, cause you can fit it to your swing, set it, and forget it. I don't think anyone should get one in an effort to constantly be changing their shot pattern.

Should be fun. Now my wife doesn't share the same enthusiasm, but that's for another thread.

Talked to a pro this weekend who recently switched from Callaway to Taylor Made about the R11. He also loves the club and what a player can do with the adjustments. He stated that Taylor Made is also really close (1-2 years) to producing drivers with electronic chips that will allow the player to download information of every drive they hit in a given round. They will be able to tell club speed, driver head impact on ball, ball spin, head angle, etc......

Can you imagine hooking your driver up to a USB port on your computer and getting instant feedback on your round? A USB port on a driver.....Ha!

Back