Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Paulo is faced with a difficult golf purchasing decision, he always asks himself one question: "WWMAJD"

Spoiler
aka, What Would Miguel Angel Jimenez Do

haha, spot on bro. I usually take a step back, pull out the shades and do what I do in 'ponder mode'

miguel-angel-jimenez-cigar-514.jpg

Will go to TM Nordic Performance Centre (sounds like something for racecars) on March 9th, 2 hours of fitting! New irons arrive on the 6th if all goes according to plan, so I'll soon get to see if they're as good as they look! I'll have to ignore golf for a week or my brain will explode with equipment-ponderings.

Will go to TM Nordic Performance Centre (sounds like something for racecars) on March 9th, 2 hours of fitting! New irons arrive on the 6th if all goes according to plan, so I'll soon get to see if they're as good as they look! I'll have to ignore golf for a week or my brain will explode with equipment-ponderings.

Very nice, Pete! Looking forward to hearing what you end up with.

No particular order:

Nike VR Pro Cavity
Cleveland CG16
Taylormade TP CB **only ones I haven't hit yet
CallOway Razr Hawk

I don't want new irons but I can't help myself.

Ponderlist:

Mashies M2 and M4.
MPT11's 52* and 58*
Possibly a driver. There's so many however I've lost track.

It's weird that everybody is pondering me all of a sudden.

Ponderlist:

Mashies M2 and M4.
MPT11's 52* and 58*
Possibly a driver. There's so many however I've lost track.

Must admit that I've been eyeing some ironsets aswell. Bought the MP53's this fall, and never really got to put 'em in play much. A long winter of reading has put some doubts in my head as to whether it was the right purchase. That and playing a couple of rounds with my brother in-law's X22's. Perhaps I've underestimated the benefit of forgiveness afterall.

Pondering new irons. Definitely getting rid of the Nike CCI Forged blades to go to some CB's.

My list I'm pondering:
Adams A7
Adams CB2
Cobra S3
TM R9
Cleveland CG16

If anyone wants to throw any others I should test out onto that list let me know.

I need to fill the huge gap between my 4 iron (Mizuno MX-300) and my ancient driver (TM Burner 420 8.5* Ti w/ stock S shaft).

Ponderlist:
  1. :cleveland: Mashie M4 (or possibly Launcher FL 5W)
  2. :cleveland: Mashie M2 (or possibly Launcher FL 3W)
  3. :cleveland: Launcher XL270 or SL290
  4. clicgear 3.0 push cart
  5. :sunmountain: UV Double Canopy Umbrella

Last edited:
I need to fill the huge gap between my 4 iron (Mizuno MX-300) and my ancient driver (TM Burner 420 8.5* Ti w/ stock S shaft).

Ponderlist:
  1. Mashie M4
  2. Mashie M2 (or possibly Launcher FL 3W)
  3. Launcher XL270 or SL290

I'd throw the new Launcher 5W on that ponder list. It's very long and might be worth checking out.

Adam's Idea Tech V3 Forged are on my mind.....need to find a demo day for these soon!

Ponderlist

1. TaylorMade R9TP 3-pw
1a. TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC 3-pw
2. Callaway Razr X Tour 3-pw
3. Ping i15 3-pw

Recently purchased-
Callaway Jaws X-Series CC Wedges-Slate (52*, 56*)

5 mashie - I've just personally always loved a 5 hybrid for my game

58* iWedge - picking up the 54* was the best thing I've done for my game, super forgiving for me and an ace from the sand. I should just stay 54* only to get better but another wedge with a little more loft would be nice....I dunno, I think I'm mental.

I'd throw the new Launcher 5W on that ponder list. It's very long and might be worth checking out.

Thanks, ponder list updated.

So, I came across the fact that Golfsmith still has the Macgregor Pro-C for sale, apparently. Now, those are on my iron list, along with TW9 wedges or CG14s. Gotta replace my RAcs as they are old and the grooves are worn and I never gelled with my iWedges. For $300 tho, the Mac soudns like a pretty good deal and may just trade in everything I have for those.

You're in the wrong thread if you want any answer but 'buy them both!' :wink:

Couple of options. Try the cb1s, love them, buy them. Don't love them, wait for a12s. Other option, try the cb1s, love them, wait for the a12s and then look for a bargain on the cb1s!

(note: I do not advocate waiting to buy equipment. It's too difficult!!)

I tried them and loved them and I am tying to wait but the inner ho in me wants to get them now.

Pondering new irons. Definitely getting rid of the Nike CCI Forged blades to go to some CB's.

My list I'm pondering:
Adams A7
Adams CB2
Cobra S3
TM R9
Cleveland CG16

If anyone wants to throw any others I should test out onto that list let me know.

I had the CCI forged irons for two golf seasons and liked them quite a bit. Was in the same situation as you though and wanted CB irons. I went to the X22's and loved them for 2 seasons.

I like your list of pondering options and if I were you, the R9's would be at the top of my list. It may be an easier transition from the Nike's to those as they offer the smallest amount of offset. Great irons, definitely demo them if you can.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

My list I'm pondering:
Adams A7
Adams CB2
Cobra S3
TM R9
Cleveland CG16

I'm really liking the looks of the CG16's. I will be hitting them at the outing for sure. Might I suggest the Di11's. I have been having a very good time with them. Extremelly forgiving yet also workable if that is your thing.

I had the CCI forged irons for two golf seasons and liked them quite a bit. Was in the same situation as you though and wanted CB irons. I went to the X22's and loved them for 2 seasons.

I like your list of pondering options and if I were you, the R9's would be at the top of my list. It may be an easier transition from the Nike's to those as they offer the smallest amount of offset. Great irons, definitely demo them if you can.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Thanks. I hit a 6I of the R9's a few times and it was crazy how much easier it what was to hit and the distance gain was pretty large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really liking the looks of the CG16's. I will be hitting them at the outing for sure. Might I suggest the Di11's. I have been having a very good time with them. Extremelly forgiving yet also workable if that is your thing.

Thanks. I'll give them a try for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, Im looking at lostgolfballs.com and I see they have Z-Stars in white for 14.95/dz for their top quality, anyone have any reviews from LGB and their quality of balls? Sounds like a great deal to me, any help would be appreicated. Thanks!

Hey guys, Im looking at lostgolfballs.com and I see they have Z-Stars in white for 14.95/dz for their top quality, anyone have any reviews from LGB and their quality of balls? Sounds like a great deal to me, any help would be appreicated. Thanks!

Don't fear. LGB is VERY good, I use them all the time.

I'm thinking of not buying any equipment because I don't need any. I can't believe I just said that...

Starring hard at some wedges because of the last two days out with my Jaws. Horrendous at the end of the bucket. Not that its their fault but I think the bounce or set up is all wrong for me. Listened to the Muira radio show and I'm interested in the grind they offer.

CG15
CG16
MP T11
Miura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back