Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Yoccos, like I have said a few tims here I am having a difficult time hitting the M1 versus any of the other Mashies. I am guessing it is the additional length of the club but I am not sure. I have no issues with the M2, M4, or M5 as I can hit them all as well as I hit the M3.

no way!!! I love the retro look. But I guess to each their own

Didn't say it was necessarily bad, but that's the way it looks...to me.

Yeah, it just felt different. Not giving up haha, just was wondering if others heard/felt what I did.

Yoccos, like I have said a few tims here I am having a difficult time hitting the M1 versus any of the other Mashies. I am guessing it is the additional length of the club but I am not sure. I have no issues with the M2, M4, or M5 as I can hit them all as well as I hit the M3.

WR, would you say the M1 is significantly less forgiving than the M2? Do you thing choking down on the shaft would help or is it more of a loft issue?

My son was asking me yesterday after hitting my M5 if they made a mashie M1. I told him I was not sure so now I know. However it looks like it may not be as easy to hit as some of the others. I need to go test one and check it out. I would like to replace my 3 wood if it works out.

All right, I'm intrigued as well. What Mashie do you think would replace an 18 degree SF 5w? I'm asking because I don't want to replace that one but want to get a mashie either in front or behind it.

Possibly the M3 (20.5) or the M2 (18)
All right, I'm intrigued as well. What Mashie do you think would replace an 18 degree SF 5w? I'm asking because I don't want to replace that one but want to get a mashie either in front or behind it.

I actually found the M1 not too bad to swing. Id love to get one outside though for real range testing.

I have the M1 and M3. I went to my golf shop to find a 3 iron replacement but the M3 felt so good I had to hit the M1. The M1 replaced my 3 wood. All I wanted from the M1 was 250 and I averaged 250-260 with it. Now I'm considering adding the M5, they're that good.

I have the M1 and M3. I went to my golf shop to find a 3 iron replacement but the M3 felt so good I had to hit the M1. The M1 replaced my 3 wood. All I wanted from the M1 was 250 and I averaged 250-260 with it. Now I'm considering adding the M5, they're that good.

My experience exactly.... m5 on deck

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

My experience exactly.... m5 on deck

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

How many mashies do you think were purchased just off this thread? I know I bought Two, others three, a ton of people with one? If that isn't a huge endorsement of real world tests like those done by THP I don't know what is.

So I took the M1 out today with the M3 and my secret practice club. Basically the M3 was what I've been seeing. Great ball flight and I still feel like I'm realing putting a good crush type hit on the ball when I'm hitting it well. I still have a hook as my miss but I've been practicing TC's tip and it helps a lot. I honestly don't have a club I feel better about taking the headcover off at the moment. I worked on choking up and trying to hit a low punch type shot. Still need work as it usually hooks right at the end but I can use it nonetheless. Still more good shots than bad even on a bad day.

The M1 is still a work in progress. Again had to hit off of matts but the club is really starting to warm up to me. One thing is while I don't notice the inch difference at set up, I notice the extra length in my swing. When I put good hits on it today, the ball flight was high and penetrating just not as high as the M3 which I was originally expecting. Remains to be seen what the consistant flight will be. Anyway, back to the extra length. I noticed I had to really concentrate on giving a good swing on the downswing or I rushed the beejeezus out of it. Which led to a ton of bad shots the other day. The sound is still more metalish to me. Just different than I expected.

I just want to say while this is my favorite club and I have the most confidence in my M3, I don't always hit fantastic shots. Not everything is a bullet although I must tell you, at times it almost feels like it because those good shots are just that beautiful to watch. I had to take a hard look at my game these last few days because i was struggling a little bit and couldnt figure it out. Imo establishing a good swing rhythm is important. I have no doubt some of the better ballstrikers are just murdering this club because I feel like I do and I'm not real great at ballstriking right now.

I still warm up with my M3 haha. Puts down a good rhythm for the day.

Yoccos, what is your miss with the M1? You say that you are hitting bad shots, but what are they? Chunks, hooks, slices, etc?

How many mashies do you think were purchased just off this thread? I know I bought Two, others three, a ton of people with one? If that isn't a huge endorsement of real world tests like those done by THP I don't know what is.

I would guess that the number tops 100 by now.

From what I'm hearing, in addition to the THP effect on this club, Cleveland is selling more of these than they may have expected. A guy I work with was telling me that our local shop was commenting to him on how many of these they had sold (and I bought mine from Blind9).

Mine are supposed to arrive by Thursday...I am so excited to get my Mashie on!!!

From what I'm hearing, in addition to the THP effect on this club, Cleveland is selling more of these than they may have expected. A guy I work with was telling me that our local shop was commenting to him on how many of these they had sold (and I bought mine from Blind9).

Mine are supposed to arrive by Thursday...I am so excited to get my Mashie on!!!

Oh I cannot wait for mine either! Cannot wait to get the shipped email!!!

Yoccos, what is your miss with the M1? You say that you are hitting bad shots, but what are they? Chunks, hooks, slices, etc?

Yoccos, please answer the question. lol

I feel the extra length/lower loft is getting me a little on the full swing with the M1. I know it's just one inch, but you combine that with a lower loft and its gonna be trouble at times, well for me at least. I'm rushing it, then casting and I feel I'm coming over the top. I'm hitting some slices and pulls. Which for me is the same swing flaw its just whether or not I close the clubface. Its not as easy to hit as the M3 imo. I figured if it was even just a little more difficult to hit, it would still probably kick the 3w fairly quickly. Even as much as I like my 3w.

The slice isn't severe but it's probably gonna put me out of play at times. It's a lot of the same types of misses I notice with my 3w. Eyeballing it, doesnt seem as severe. I get more distance it seems on mishits (the toe) so in that aspect it's more forgiving. I was expecting close to M3 like ease of use :). That combined with the different sound I'm getting kinda threw me off just a little to be honest.

Lol. I was trying to word it without sounding like a hater hahahahhaa. Plus it's complicated. While easier to hit than my 3w, I was taken back a little but a couple M1 ism's I noticed.

Yoccos, please answer the question. lol

I feel the extra length/lower loft is getting me a little on the full swing with the M1. I know it's just one inch, but you combine that with a lower loft and its gonna be trouble at times, well for me at least. I'm rushing it, then casting and I feel I'm coming over the top. I'm hitting some slices and pulls. Which for me is the same swing flaw its just whether or not I close the clubface. Its not as easy to hit as the M3 imo. I figured if it was even just a little more difficult to hit, it would still probably kick the 3w fairly quickly. Even as much as I like my 3w.

The slice isn't severe but it's probably gonna put me out of play at times. It's a lot of the same types of misses I notice with my 3w. Eyeballing it, doesnt seem as severe. I get more distance it seems on mishits (the toe) so in that aspect it's more forgiving. I was expecting close to M3 like ease of use :). That combined with the different sound I'm getting kinda threw me off just a little to be honest.

It's pretty common for a lower loft/ longer shaft combo to cause issues, whether it's a hybrid or a fwy wood. Sounds to me like you are coming in to steep (at least from what Andy has told me about my swing).

I received my M2 Mashie this evening from Blind9 and I will see how it goes tomorrow afternoon. I will report my findings tommorrow evening.

I'll see if I can take it a little flatter when I get out tomorrow. I was hitting it exactly like my M3 just a little further up in the old stance. Thanks Hawk, I'm gonna take some swings tonight in the backyard so it stays fresh.

It's pretty common for a lower loft/ longer shaft combo to cause issues, whether it's a hybrid or a fwy wood. Sounds to me like you are coming in to steep (at least from what Andy has told me about my swing).

Lol. I was trying to word it without sounding like a hater hahahahhaa. Plus it's complicated. While easier to hit than my 3w, I was taken back a little but a couple M1 ism's I noticed.

lol its all good bro, I was just curious too.

Back