TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Talked to a pro this weekend who recently switched from Callaway to Taylor Made about the R11. He also loves the club and what a player can do with the adjustments. He stated that Taylor Made is also really close (1-2 years) to producing drivers with electronic chips that will allow the player to download information of every drive they hit in a given round. They will be able to tell club speed, driver head impact on ball, ball spin, head angle, etc......

Can you imagine hooking your driver up to a USB port on your computer and getting instant feedback on your round? A USB port on a driver.....Ha!

That explains the white paint. They're collaborating with
macbook.png

I plan on hitting the R11 soon... and will have a blast adjusting the settings. When I first got the Supertri, I loved messing with the settings to find the perfect combo for my swing (and my typical misses).

yep, I am gonna hit it on neutral and then mess with the settings just to see how much it changes the outcome

Has anyone compared the performance of the r11 fairway to the superfast 2.0 fairway? I'd be interested to know what their differences are (aside from the adjustability).

One other question - to what degree can you adjust the loft and lie angle on the r11 fairway?

Cheers :D

That didn't take long. Landed a Aldila RIP beta for the driver.

That is a very nice shaft in this driver!

Yeah, some guy on WRX new unhit R11 custom ordered from TM to standard specs only with the RIP B in it, one dude wanted the head, I jumped on the shaft. $130 ain't to shabby.

Yeah, some guy on WRX new unhit R11 custom ordered from TM to standard specs only with the RIP B in it, one dude wanted the head, I jumped on the shaft. $130 ain't to shabby.

ill take it from ya for $131:D

That would be kinda cool......almost gives everyone launch monitor feedback without having a launch monitor
Talked to a pro this weekend who recently switched from Callaway to Taylor Made about the R11. He also loves the club and what a player can do with the adjustments. He stated that Taylor Made is also really close (1-2 years) to producing drivers with electronic chips that will allow the player to download information of every drive they hit in a given round. They will be able to tell club speed, driver head impact on ball, ball spin, head angle, etc......

Can you imagine hooking your driver up to a USB port on your computer and getting instant feedback on your round? A USB port on a driver.....Ha!

I'll keep ya in mind after I hit it. :D

Im serious lol, if you dont like it PM me. The blur hasnt been to bad at the range but i love the RIP Alpha and have wanted to try the BETA

Is there a head difference between the Regular and TP version?

Is there a head difference between the Regular and TP version?

No the heads are the same. The TP is just offered with more shaft options from the factory.

I hit the R11 for the first time today

I hit the R11 for the first time today

Being left handed, I don't get many opportunities to hit new clubs. I went to Golf Galaxy today just to look around and they had a left handed R11 that I could hit. My review: Mother Of All Things Holy that club is sweet!!! I took at least 50 cuts on a simulator and was very impressed with the feel of the club. I didn't get a print out of the statistics but here are the averages I could remember (club had weights in factory setting with the face angle set as open): swing speed-113 mph, launch angle (w/ a neutral setting on shaft)- 8 degrees, launch angle (w/ higher setting)- 12 degrees, drive carry- 294 yards, drive distance total- 313 yards. The mis hits were still close to the center line. My shortest drive was 281 and the longest was 330. I will now be rolling quarters if I have to to save enough money to get one of these. Great job Taylor Made on another great club. Very impressed.

Have a feeling this will get merged but you got 294 carry with a 113mph SS??!!?!!? Holy crap!! I thought you had to have and upper teens low 20s to get 290+ carry. Either your a freak of nature or the golf store launch monitor is on the juice. Haha. Congrats, glad you found your driver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I demoed the R11 and it is pretty awesome. I feel that it hits just like my R9 Supertri. I'll stick to the R9

Same reaction I had when I got to hit it. But I need to give it another go, because I didn't get to try all the options.

I had a chance to hit the R11 head on the range (put it on my Miyazaki Black)...very nice clubhead.

Compared to my R9 Supertri results were similar distance wise, but the R11 launched a bit lower with what looked to be less spin.

I love that SuperTri too much to switch. Also had a chance to hit the RazrHawk driver by Callaway. Now THAT club was a beast...gorgeous ballflight but still sticking with my R9.

I have a question regarding the ASP vs the R9 series.

What about it is different that just adjusting grip? For example, could I take the R9 and close the face with the FCT, thus increasing the loft, and then just grip the club so the face is neutral?

Seems like to me its almost an automatic face position set, if that makes sense. So instead of adjusting the clubhead each time, the plate it sits the clubhead wherever you set it. Simple but I'm curious about it. It may help me because when I set up I have a tendency to close the clubhead.

I have a question regarding the ASP vs the R9 series.

What about it is different that just adjusting grip? For example, could I take the R9 and close the face with the FCT, thus increasing the loft, and then just grip the club so the face is neutral?

The reason that I ask is that I'd like to try out a little more loft on my driver and from what I gather, I can do it that way. But, I'm not sure if I'm right.

The reason that I ask is that I'd like to try out a little more loft on my driver and from what I gather, I can do it that way. But, I'm not sure if I'm right.

If you want more loft on your R9, just close the face on that bad boy. I see the benefit of the ASP on the R11, as I think it's more of a mental ease for the user. I have a tough time consciously changing my grip and being comfortable with me swing. Does that make sense?

What kind of swing speed is needed for a 9* loft?

Tapatalk makes meetings so much fun.

It sure does. Thanks buddy.

If you want more loft on your R9, just close the face on that bad boy. I see the benefit of the ASP on the R11, as I think it's more of a mental ease for the user. I have a tough time consciously changing my grip and being comfortable with me swing. Does that make sense?

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

I was swinging 113 on average and seemed to work well for me.

Wish I could help ya there Hawk. Next time I'm at PGA SS or somewhere, I'll see if I can get a demo of the tech!

Back