TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I don't think Hole Out was questioning the ways THP reviews equipment, he was only pointing out that some of the posts here are comparing the R11 to the Mashie which is going to happen since many THP'ers have the Mashie. The R11 is another white entry from Taylormade that has adjustability to it so those who have not decided on a hybrid yet will want to know how this stacks up against arguably the most popular club on THP

Gotcha. Just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I apologize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Hole Out was questioning the ways THP reviews equipment, he was only pointing out that some of the posts here are comparing the R11 to the Mashie which is going to happen since many THP'ers have the Mashie. The R11 is another white entry from Taylormade that has adjustability to it so those who have not decided on a hybrid yet will want to know how this stacks up against arguably the most popular club on THP

Thanks Hanks you hit the nail on the head.

I agree completley, I hit my rescue an avg. of 230 and I dont consider that to short...It seems like this thread has transitioned more into mashie users trying to defend their clubs and less about actually reviewing the performance of the Rescue 11.

Thats great you hit your Rescue an avg, of 230 and no thats not short. Id be very happy with that too. But I hit the Rescue head to head with all the other hybrids that were out at the time and it was the shortest. That was my experience with last years Rescue in the testing I did with my swing. So I didnt like it.

Thats great you hit your Rescue an avg, of 230 and no thats not short. Id be very happy with that too. But I hit the Rescue head to head with all the other hybrids that were out at the time and it was the shortest. That was my experience with last years Rescue in the testing I did with my swing. So I didnt like it.

When I had my own hybrid shootout last year, the Rescue was middle of the road in distance for me. It was decent, but it wasn't great, that's why I don't have one. I have some regular golfing buddies that love the club and that's fine with me, just b/c it doesn't work for some doesn't mean it's not perfect for others.

I suggest that Hole Out 1983 give the Mashie a whirl. That hybrid gets a ton of buzz b/c there's nothing on the market remotely like it. It's unique, it features a wicked stock shaft, it's the easiest hybrid I've ever hit. Alas, this is the Rescue thread so I'll stop there and he does make a good point, that this thread should be about Taylormade's Rescue hybrid.

When I had my own hybrid shootout last year, the Rescue was middle of the road in distance for me. It was decent, but it wasn't great, that's why I don't have one. I have some regular golfing buddies that love the club and that's fine with me, just b/c it doesn't work for some doesn't mean it's not perfect for others.

I suggest that Hole Out 1983 give the Mashie a whirl. That hybrid gets a ton of buzz b/c there's nothing on the market remotely like it. It's unique, it features a wicked stock shaft, it's the easiest hybrid I've ever hit. Alas, this is the Rescue thread so I'll stop there and he does make a good point, that this thread should be about Taylormade's Rescue hybrid.

I agree and my initial post was after I hit this club. It was pointed out that very few in this thread have actually hit it. Well, I have. I stand by my thoughts.

I agree and my initial post was after I hit this club. It was pointed out that very few in this thread have actually hit it. Well, I have. I stand by my thoughts.

Yeah, you and Hanks and G4L and JB are about the only people I know who have hit both, and look at all of your signatures..........TRUTH!

I have three of the Rescues b/c they worked well for me when I compaired to what else was out at the time. I see nothing wrong in comparing them now, that's what this threads all about.

I hope to do my own little test and it sounds like the Mashie could very well be the place to start.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I have three of the Rescues b/c they worked well for me when I compaired to what else was out at the time. I see nothing wrong in comparing them now, that's what this threads all about.

I hope to do my own little test and it sounds like the Mashie could very well be the place to start.

Heck yeah, do it to it duey. You make some good points in there, in that we'd all more than likely compare before we buy so why not when we talk about it?

Yeah, you and Hanks and G4L and JB are about the only people I know who have hit both, and look at all of your signatures..........TRUTH!

Boom. This club looks great. You can adjust it. Seems to launch high. Lots of good things going for it. I might even like the white better then the retro finish but lets talk shafts. I'll take a legit Miyazaki hybrid shaft over what we hope is a legit RIP or whatever else comes in the R11 any day. And I'll take the weight and sound from the Mashie too. Just my opinions as Im sure others will enjoy this club.

===== QUOTE thedue ====

Posted from my BlackBerry using http://www.BerryBlab.com

===== /QUOTE ====

Heck yeah, do it to it duey. You make some good points in there, in that we'd all more than likely compare before we buy so why not when we talk about it?

Yeah, isn't that what the reviews are about. These guys give us a starting point. That's not to say something else won't be best for me, just a start.

Boom. This club looks great. You can adjust it. Seems to launch high. Lots of good things going for it. I might even like the white better then the retro finish but lets talk shafts. I'll take a legit Miyazaki hybrid shaft over what we hope is a legit RIP or whatever else comes in the R11 any day. And I'll take the weight and sound from the Mashie too. Just my opinions as Im sure others will enjoy this club.

Can you give me a little feedback on the comparison on the weight of the Mashie compared to the Rescue 11. I know in my experience with TMs they seem to carry their fair share of weight. Also if you could give me some feedback on the workability of the Mashie compared to the TM. Just asking cause I looked up the Mashie but couldnt really see any specifics about workability compared to forgivness and from what Ive read I know you love your Mashies lol so you seem like a good one to ask. One final note...Dont take my first post the wrong way I wasnt trying to sound like a jerk if thats how it came across. Thanks for any info/comparissons you can shoot my way.

Testify TC!!!

Boom +1 I also kind of like the white a little bit better than the retro Mashie look as well. I'd even dare to say that the shafts while different are both top notch. I may even give the nod for the weighting to the R11 as well. Sound goes to the Mashie but more importantly, the results go to the Mashie. Better launch, distance, and maybe even versatility make the Mashie a winner for me when comapring the 2

I think the weight of the shaft combined with the head make it lighter than the R11. This could be why some people have been hooking the Mashie a bit. The R11 does have some 'meat' to it where you feel it a little more in your swing comapred to the Mashie. The Mashie is light years ahead of the R11 in terms of forgiveness though. Make a mistake or miss with the Mashie and you're still ok. Miss with the R11 and the results aren't going to be the same
Can you give me a little feedback on the comparison on the weight of the Mashie compared to the Rescue 11. I know in my experience with TMs they seem to carry their fair share of weight. Also if you could give me some feedback on the workability of the Mashie compared to the TM. Just asking cause I looked up the Mashie but couldnt really see any specifics about workability compared to forgivness and from what Ive read I know you love your Mashies lol so you seem like a good one to ask. One final note...Dont take my first post the wrong way I wasnt trying to sound like a jerk if thats how it came across. Thanks for any info/comparissons you can shoot my way.

We do know one thing for sure is that the TM Shafts are the REAL DEAL just with TM Paint Scheme, this is straight from Aldila and Other Manf...Next time im in the store im gonna get my mashie on lol, there has been way to much buzz on here about it so it has to be good.

I think the weight of the shaft combined with the head make it lighter than the R11. This could be why some people have been hooking the Mashie a bit. The R11 does have some 'meat' to it where you feel it a little more in your swing comapred to the Mashie. The Mashie is light years ahead of the R11 in terms of forgiveness though. Make a mistake or miss with the Mashie and you're still ok. Miss with the R11 and the results aren't going to be the same[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feeback hanks. One more question for you. In my experience with TMs I have generally been able to work the ball with a fair amount of confidence and Im just wondering If I would get the same workability from the Mashie giving the forgiveness you just described.

EDIT: Sorry I apparentley made a mistake when quoting your post.

I'm the wrong person to ask about workability :beat-up: That being said I think the Mashie is more forgiving but perhaps due to the adjustability factor one may be able to work the ball more with the R11 than the Mashie. Trial and error with both clubs would give you a better answer.

I think the weight of the shaft combined with the head make it lighter than the R11. This could be why some people have been hooking the Mashie a bit. The R11 does have some 'meat' to it where you feel it a little more in your swing comapred to the Mashie. The Mashie is light years ahead of the R11 in terms of forgiveness though. Make a mistake or miss with the Mashie and you're still ok. Miss with the R11 and the results aren't going to be the same

Thanks for the feeback hanks. One more question for you. In my experience with TMs I have generally been able to work the ball with a fair amount of confidence and Im just wondering If I would get the same workability from the Mashie giving the forgiveness you just described.

EDIT: Sorry I apparentley made a mistake when quoting your post.[/QUOTE]

I'm the wrong person to ask about workability :beat-up: That being said I think the Mashie is more forgiving but perhaps due to the adjustability factor one may be able to work the ball more with the R11 than the Mashie. Trial and error with both clubs would give you a better answer.

EDIT: Sorry I apparentley made a mistake when quoting your post.
[/QUOTE]

lol well thanks for the honesty and not just feeding me a line.

The 09 Rescues were definitely workable and the new Rescue 11's look identical to me other than cosmetic changes and shaft. I would be really surprised if they were not just as workable. I've not tried on a Mashie, (hope to tomorrow if things work out), so am just as interested to see if these will bend on command?

Hanks, I see that some Rescue 11 seeding will be taking place and was wondering what you may tell them to expect out of this hybrid.

Are you still digging it?

Wow, that is one nice looking club! I want my hands on one so bad!

When I enter contests I am usually ok with not winning, but I want this so bad!

I have a hard time with not winning. Is it ok to cry at every contest winner announcement?

This club looks so great though.

I have a hard time with not winning. Is it ok to cry at every contest winner announcement?

This club looks so great though.

A couple of things. This is not a contest, but a long term testing.
And this is the review thread, not the enter to test thread.

I still like this a lot so far. Will it earn a spot in my bag? Too early to say. But this thing launches as high as I've ever seen a hybrid launch and it's automatic from 175-185 It sets up so pretty too and I love chipping with it and doing some bump n running with it too. It's a 'hitting off the mat' star and I'm hoping to see what it can do on the turf this weekend

Hanks, I see that some Rescue 11 seeding will be taking place and was wondering what you may tell them to expect out of this hybrid.

Are you still digging it?

A couple of things. This is not a contest, but a long term testing.
And this is the review thread, not the enter to test thread.

lol @ skim shady!

I still like this a lot so far. Will it earn a spot in my bag? Too early to say. But this thing launches as high as I've ever seen a hybrid launch and it's automatic from 175-185 It sets up so pretty too and I love chipping with it and doing some bump n running with it too. It's a 'hitting off the mat' star and I'm hoping to see what it can do on the turf this weekend

Great feedback pal. I can't wait to hear about how it performs off the turf.

This sounds like a fantastic club. With all of the buzz from the Mashie, it will be interesting to see where this one places, especially in the mashed minds of the Mashieophiles (such as myself).

Back